WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Started over No Man's Sky after making a mess of my initial playthrough. 

Anyway mindind my own business when I come across a mining vessel being attacked

So naturally I save it in the hopes of some sweet cash only to be given the vessel to command as a reward. 

Naturally I immediately named it The Pork Chop Express. Crew currently faithful so let's see how long that lasts. 

Maybe I'll finally get to that black hole eventually. 

• Paid Members

Beat em up folks, The Takeover is reduced in the sales on Switch at the moment. It's well worth a look. Uses pre-rendered graphics so the characters look a little bit like plasticine models, but it plays well. It's an odd one. The first couple of goes I really struggled, but once you figure it out you can go pretty far on a single life. Worth having a look if you like those kinds of things. I think it's on PC as well, and maybe on PS4. 

43 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I like how in some ways it's a more simplified Elite Dangerous which as much as I enjoyed was a bit of a chore to actually play over time. 

I visited the centre the other week and I’m about 600 or so jumps away from the bubble. I’m not in any rush to play it but the dosh I make from Universal Cartography will be upwards of fifty mill 

I’ve nearly Ultimated all the challenges on Miles Morales, this isn’t a humble brag it’s  big fuck off donkey dick swing.

Great game with a great story that I’m avoiding because I want it to last longer. It does however highlight the flaws in the system as enemy’s routinely get stuck in walls and it’s crashed the PS5 and just now it’s switched off completely whilst playing it. The price you pay for no load times and early adoption I suppose.

• Paid Members

Any Xboxers should check your messages on the dashboard, I had one with a code to redeem £4.00 credit to my Microsoft account as part of their Black Friday sale. I think it needs to be redeemed soon, but once you've done that the credit is valid for three months.

Anyone have any recommendations for any budget price gems on the Xbox store?

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Any Xboxers should check your messages on the dashboard, I had one with a code to redeem £4.00 credit to my Microsoft account as part of their Black Friday sale. I think it needs to be redeemed soon, but once you've done that the credit is valid for three months.

Anyone have any recommendations for any budget price gems on the Xbox store?

Not a budget game but Doom (2016) is currently £4.49 if you haven't already got it. 

• Paid Members

I'm about 70% through Red Dead 2 now, and getting to the point where I've still got challenges and stuff to complete, but they're all either quite fiddly, things I can't find, or things I just suck at (most of the hunting/shooting challenges). Which is annoying, because there's not a lot in the way of sidequests at the moment, and I want to keep putting off the next main quest because I just don't want it to end (I know there's post-game stuff).

Early on, what I loved about this game was the open world, how immersive it was, and how alive that world felt. When I'd said that I started playing it, a few people told me how amazing the story was, how they cried at the end, that sort of thing, and I just didn't see it - it was good, but wouldn't have been my go-to thing to crow about. I've changed my mind in the last few hours of gameplay, it's just really cranked up, and there was one moment in the last mission I did that sent genuine shivers down my spine. Just a perfectly executed setpiece that managed to tell a major point of the story without a single world. Gorgeous stuff.

I'm also still plugging away at Tetris Effect; I'm at Level 56, finished all three difficulty settings, and got at least a B grade on every challenge mode. I can't envision a world where I'm not playing this game at least once or twice a week.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

That's exactly what it is.  Loved it since day one, having picked up every Xbox release and the dlc.  I even bought the PC shareware version before they got bought up and released them on the consoles.

Personally, I preferred the format of the older games, the world map in the latest release can be a bit "busy" but the core game remains excellent fun.  The older games in the series frequently appear in sales, even the latest game is £25 or less for the base game.

What's the multiplayer like? Is it local or online only?