WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I finally managed to escape the underworld in Hades. Took me almost a hundred attempts and switching God Mode on so I take less and less damage every time I fail. Now I guess I have to do it all again a few more times with the different weapons and see what the rest of the story is. 

I managed it with a base 62% damage resistance, using the gloves and a LOT of help from Athena's boons for extra damage resistance and deflect damage. Didn't even need a death defiance. I'll see how I get on with other weapons now. 

I reckon it’ll be ace in about a year when they’ll have fixed it by which point I’ll have played about 70 hours doing 30% of the game and throwing up from the first person view every 10 minutes. No way is that game launching unbroken.

• Paid Members

I got my voucher the other day and set to autoredeem one every January if I've got enough points. I had a look at what was on the sale, but will probably keep hold of it and see whether any Train Sim World DLC gets reduced in the christmas/new year sales. 

17 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I reckon it’ll be ace in about a year when they’ll have fixed it by which point I’ll have played about 70 hours doing 30% of the game and throwing up from the first person view every 10 minutes. No way is that game launching unbroken.

Yeah if I remember correctly one of the delays was because they had trouble optimizating the game on consoles.

57 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Yeah if I remember correctly one of the delays was because they had trouble optimizating the game on consoles.

Yeah it’s the straddling of generations that’s buggered them. They’ve got the two iterations of each of the last gen consoles, both of the current gen that have only just launched and Sony were pretty late getting the dev kits out and then they’ve got to get the fucker running on as many pc’s as possible. Might just be worth waiting for the full fat PS5 version next year given I’ve not finished rinsing Miles Morales and I still have AC Valhalla to get stuck in to.

Edited by Mr_Danger

23 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah it’s the straddling of generations that’s buggered them. They’ve got the two iterations of each of the last gen consoles, both of the current gen that have only just launched and Sony were pretty late getting the dev kits out and then they’ve got to get the fucker running on as many pc’s as possible. Might just be worth waiting for the full fat PS5 version next year given I’ve not finished rinsing Miles Morales and I still have AC Valhalla to get stuck in to.

Doesn't it come with the next gen upgrade free? I might grab it on launch and leave until I get around to the PS5. 

Anyway one trophy away from platinum on No Man's Sky. But it's the really boring extreme planet one. 

just do it shia GIF

I'll persever. Tempted to try for the Elite Dangerous platinum afterwards. 

9 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Doesn't it come with the next gen upgrade free? I might grab it on launch and leave until I get around to the PS5. 

Anyway one trophy away from platinum on No Man's Sky. But it's the really boring extreme planet one. 

just do it shia GIF

I'll persever. Tempted to try for the Elite Dangerous platinum afterwards. 

Yeah the upgrade is free and no doubt Sony will charge £70 for the official PS5 version so it’s worth getting before then.

100% completion on Miles Morales with the platinum in sight. If Spider-Man is sirloin steak then Miles Morales is fillet steak. A bit more expensive, a bit less for your money but that bit more refined and better. If it’s a choice between one more 20-25 hours of a bloated fun action game with a great story or another couple of these 10 hour games that offer you the same without the bloatedness this generation then I’d take the latter option all day. I’m hoping for maybe one shorter and then a supersize joint Spider-Man game but that could be a big ask.

Technically it’s a great looking game, the sound is top notch and the game camera is fantastic. It does have the same ‘find this item’ side missions and a better variation of side missions is what is needed next outing. It crashed 3 times I think with one of them being a hard reboot and loads of enemies got stuck in things which will always be an issue in games with destructible/interactive environments. 

• Paid Members

I'm into the Sinister Six portion of original Spidey, and keep getting disheartened by how difficult it's gotten to stop all the crimes. Are they still there after I've finished the main game? I really want to try and get as much of the game finished as possible. 

5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm into the Sinister Six portion of original Spidey, and keep getting disheartened by how difficult it's gotten to stop all the crimes. Are they still there after I've finished the main game? I really want to try and get as much of the game finished as possible. 

They’re randomly generated as far as I can tell. You’ll never get rid of them as they’ll just regenerate. It is a bit of a ball ache because you wanna be the best Spidey you can be and every 30 seconds some cunts getting mugged.