WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

36 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Man I should not have downloaded Tetris Effect: Connected. It has stolen my life.

This. I was fully prepared to be disappointed by this as I wasn't sure if I'd feel the same way about it as I did the VR version of this, but it's still brilliant, it's still absolutely hooked me and it still feels like an absolute reinvention of Tetris even though the core gameplay is exactly the same. Love it. 

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It turns out he's got no willy.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

This. I was fully prepared to be disappointed by this as I wasn't sure if I'd feel the same way about it as I did the VR version of this, but it's still brilliant, it's still absolutely hooked me and it still feels like an absolute reinvention of Tetris even though the core gameplay is exactly the same. Love it. 

I've played far too many version of Tetris over the years - I credit the Game Boy version with being one of my first true gaming loves - and they've been a little hit and miss. But this one. Damn. It's one of those games where you really don't realise where the time goes.

Started over No Man's Sky after making a mess of my initial playthrough. 

Anyway mindind my own business when I come across a mining vessel being attacked

So naturally I save it in the hopes of some sweet cash only to be given the vessel to command as a reward. 

Naturally I immediately named it The Pork Chop Express. Crew currently faithful so let's see how long that lasts. 

Maybe I'll finally get to that black hole eventually. 

• Paid Members

Beat em up folks, The Takeover is reduced in the sales on Switch at the moment. It's well worth a look. Uses pre-rendered graphics so the characters look a little bit like plasticine models, but it plays well. It's an odd one. The first couple of goes I really struggled, but once you figure it out you can go pretty far on a single life. Worth having a look if you like those kinds of things. I think it's on PC as well, and maybe on PS4. 

It's a shame Streets of Fury EX isn't on console, it's from the guys behind SoR4 and while the graphics look cheap as can be the gameplay is real solid as you'd expect from playing their latest game. It's proper low budget indie and only costs £1.74 on Steam right now.

43 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I like how in some ways it's a more simplified Elite Dangerous which as much as I enjoyed was a bit of a chore to actually play over time. 

I visited the centre the other week and I’m about 600 or so jumps away from the bubble. I’m not in any rush to play it but the dosh I make from Universal Cartography will be upwards of fifty mill 

I’ve nearly Ultimated all the challenges on Miles Morales, this isn’t a humble brag it’s  big fuck off donkey dick swing.

Great game with a great story that I’m avoiding because I want it to last longer. It does however highlight the flaws in the system as enemy’s routinely get stuck in walls and it’s crashed the PS5 and just now it’s switched off completely whilst playing it. The price you pay for no load times and early adoption I suppose.

• Paid Members
On 8/2/2020 at 10:02 PM, johnnyboy said:

I haven't been able to do a fault free run yet :(

Today's the day!  I doubt I'll sleep tonight with all the excitement having finally completed the Gigatrack in Trials Rising without a fault.

Edited by johnnyboy
  • Paid Members

Any Xboxers should check your messages on the dashboard, I had one with a code to redeem £4.00 credit to my Microsoft account as part of their Black Friday sale. I think it needs to be redeemed soon, but once you've done that the credit is valid for three months.

Anyone have any recommendations for any budget price gems on the Xbox store?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Just looked that up. Looks very much like an updated version of Kickstart. I remember playing Kickstart on the Speccy. I wasn't aware of this series. How good is it?

That's exactly what it is.  Loved it since day one, having picked up every Xbox release and the dlc.  I even bought the PC shareware version before they got bought up and released them on the consoles.

Personally, I preferred the format of the older games, the world map in the latest release can be a bit "busy" but the core game remains excellent fun.  The older games in the series frequently appear in sales, even the latest game is £25 or less for the base game.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Any Xboxers should check your messages on the dashboard, I had one with a code to redeem £4.00 credit to my Microsoft account as part of their Black Friday sale. I think it needs to be redeemed soon, but once you've done that the credit is valid for three months.

Anyone have any recommendations for any budget price gems on the Xbox store?

Not a budget game but Doom (2016) is currently £4.49 if you haven't already got it.