WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Excitedly downloaded Super Meat Boy Forever this morning. I hadn't looked into it too much but loved the first one and expected the sequel to be more of the same. But it's a mobile-style auto runner where literally the only thing you need to do is press a button to jump (or punch or kick) at the right time. It's like they've removed the part that made the first game fun, then forgotten to replace it with anything interesting or engaging. Useless.

Pure speculation but I don’t reckon we get one until at least 2023/24. They’ll want as many next gen consoles out there as possible and online for GTAV is still doing great for them. There’s a remaster/upgrade of 5 to release first. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if this next instalment was the last full fat GTA we get and they go on to incremental online releases.

• Paid Members

As long as people are playing and paying for stuff in GTA/Red Dead online there's no real reason to make GTA6. There are some little single player type campaigns in GTA Online when you buy a new business, so they'd just need to keep changing up the music on the radio stations, and stick extra vehicles, business and the like in there. Maybe they'll make a new version of GTA Online for the next generation of consoles in a couple of years with a new city, and stick something resembling a story in there to familiarise people with the layout of the new map. It's probably more profitable to just keep churning out new content for the online component of the game than it would be to get new writers, actors etc in for a huge single player campaign. 

It's sad, but that's business for you. 

I heard that of the two Dan Houser was the more creative minded so it wouldn’t surprise me if he became a bit disillusioned at the direction their company was headed. I remember reading a statement that was to the effect of them not knowing how to do a GTA story when the real world is far more preposterous. How do you create a parody of the of the political and cultural spectrum when Donald Trump and all the idiots on both sides of the fence are so ridiculous? 

Personally I’m still holding out hope for a RDR1 dlc for RDR2.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

I've discovered Two Point Hospital, which is Theme Hospital with a bit of buff and polish (And the King Complex replaced with Freddie Mercury impersonation) 

I fucking loved theme hospital so finding this exists has made 2020 for me. 

4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is it not even rhythm based like the bit.trip games? 

Nope. All the levels are procedurally generated so I guess it would've been too difficult to work any sort of rhythm element into it. 

Anyway, here's something a bit more cheerful and festive - twelve hours of the fireplace from the House of Hades (from the game "Hades").