WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

They probably don’t see it as skipping a gen they’ll see the ever giving ever growing cash cow that is online as the living breathing all generational game that is their primary focus. A full blown GTA game causes them all sorts of problems for online. That’s why I can see them making one last proper game and servicing that like a Destiny or Warcraft. Maybe the cycles won’t be generational but every ten or so years from here on in. 

There was some talk about them wanting to get back to making more smaller games again so a big fuck off GTA every ten or so years but then a bunch of teams creating new Bully’s and story dlc’s, stand alone GTA remasters etc would be pretty neat. What they do with Red Dead is more intriguing. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

It's a lot of fun @scratchdj. I've done the story and am now just swinging from area to area mopping up the crimes so I can unlock the last suits, then it's onto the DLC campaigns. There's plenty to keep you busy. I'd recommend getting the radio towers, backpacks and landmarks done early doors before things get too hectic. There are hidden landmarks as well, which can be a little tricky to find. Heck of a game. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

20 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

There’s a suit perk that lets you know when you’re near a hidden landmark, I wouldn’t even bother doing that without it. Fuck those pigeons too.

For a game I absolutely adored, it has a surprisingly high number of side missions that I absolutely hate.

1 hour ago, WestCoastPop619 said:

We’ve bought a Nintendo Switch Lite for a Christmas treat to ourselves, can anyone recommend any games outside the obvious Mario etc

I'm also enjoying Hades. Don't let the fact it's rogue-like put you off too much, I normally hate that kind of game. 

If you haven't already buy an online subscription and download the NES and SNES libraries, lots of great games there that more than pay for the price of the subscription. You can also get Tetris 99 for free, and that's well worth a download. 

Outside of that, you might want to check out: 

* A Hat in Time - a really creative platformer. I enjoyed it more than Mario Odyssey, which I also thought was excellent. 

* A Short Hike - a really fun (short) open world indie game in which you're an anthropomorphic bird going for a short hike. You meet all sorts of people along the way and get to do some really fun things, I loved it. Quite a relaxing little game. 

* Box Boy! + Box Girl! - a brilliant puzzle-platformer that is also a Nintendo download exclusive. 

* Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker - another addictive action puzzle game. Don't overlook it. 

* Crash Team Racing - better than Mario Kart as far as I'm concerned. 

* Dragon Quest Builders 2 - a cross between Minecraft, Harvest Moon and Dragon Quest - eats up your time without you even realising it

* Dragon Quest XI - arguably the best JRPG on the console

* Freedom Planet - a very Mega Drive-era Sonic like platformer

* Golf Story - a 2D golf based RPG. Don't let the golf part of it put you off, it's a tremendous game

* Horace - quite a unique game, and a very British game in a way that you don't really see anymore - you'll see what I mean when you play it. It's very different and the story is great. 

* I am Setsuna - If you like old school JRPGs with strong stories, you'll like this I imagine

* Katana Zero - like a 2D Hotline Miami

* Murder by Numbers - Essentially Phoenix Wright combined with picross - works way better than you'd think

* Spiritfarer - a manaement game where you ferry spirits to the afterlife - really good

* Steamworld Dig 1, 2 & Heist - all three have great stories and really addictive gameplay. First two are platform games where you mine, Heist is a tactical 2d shooter

* The Touryst - another mini sandbox style indie game that I think was massively underrated - lots to do, and an intriguing story

* Trover Saves the Universe - better in VR but if you've no other way of playing it, it's a game by the team behind Rick and Morty with exactly the same sense of humour. Definitely not for kids. 

* Two Point Hospital - a spiritual successor to Theme Hospital that is exactly what you'd want it to be if you liked its predecessor

* What the Golf? - again, don't let the golf side of this put you off. It's basically a golf game for people who don't like golf. It's really creative. 

* Xenoblade Chronicles - a really strong open world (ish) JRPG

This list ended up being a lot longer than I expected, I basically trawled the purchases I made on my Switch and listed some of my favourites - hopefully you'll find something that sounds up your street. 

• Paid Members

Hades is probably my favourite game from this year. Train Sim World is a close second. 

Gran got me Pokémon Sword AND Shield on my Switch. I've started with shield. Does anybody have a Psyduck they can trade to me? I might have to pick up the season pass. It feels weird being in 3d. I've got a full team already. I reckon I might not even need to get my team massively over levelled this time. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, WestCoastPop619 said:

We’ve bought a Nintendo Switch Lite for a Christmas treat to ourselves, can anyone recommend any games outside the obvious Mario etc

Untitled Goose Game

I'm really pissed off with Nintendo. Our Switch has stopped reading ANY game cards, this problem started 2 days before Xmas. Our kids got a few games for Xmas a well that they won't be able to play for a while. 

The Switch is a lovely little console/handheld hybrid but fuck me I've never come across something so poorly made. Since we got our Switch, exactly two years ago, we've had the following:

Charger port stopped working so had to pay for repair (warranty didn't cover this, and they wiped the entire memory- cheers Nintendo), 3 joy cons had the drift issue last year and had to be repaired (covered by warranty), this year ALL FOUR joy cons have the drift issue and I need to send them off for repair (warranty ended) and now this problem with the card reader- which will no doubt cost me.  

What a load of fucking shit. In 5 years, I've never had a single problem with the Xbox One (and this is used MUCH more in our household) and never had an issue with the Wii either. Xbox 360 obviously had the red ring of death, but that was only once and was repaired for free. 

I’ve not had all that and even the joy con drift is manageable but it is absolutely shocking that they haven’t A. Fixed Joy Con drift and B. Introduced a significant price reduction to the Joy Cons. £70 for faulty goods is shit.

Anyway, for the poster who asked for game recommendations and I don’t know what is obvious to you but nonetheless I’ll say it again, Breath of the Wild. It’s the only game I played on it for about a year.

Edited by Mr_Danger

I decided to give Among Us a try and Jesus that game has a problem with hackers hacking the game to either find out who the imposters are, or hacking the game to mean they win immediately. I don’t understand why you’d even bother, it spoils the fun of it all. 

Edited by RedRooster