WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Untitled Goose Game

I'm really pissed off with Nintendo. Our Switch has stopped reading ANY game cards, this problem started 2 days before Xmas. Our kids got a few games for Xmas a well that they won't be able to play for a while. 

The Switch is a lovely little console/handheld hybrid but fuck me I've never come across something so poorly made. Since we got our Switch, exactly two years ago, we've had the following:

Charger port stopped working so had to pay for repair (warranty didn't cover this, and they wiped the entire memory- cheers Nintendo), 3 joy cons had the drift issue last year and had to be repaired (covered by warranty), this year ALL FOUR joy cons have the drift issue and I need to send them off for repair (warranty ended) and now this problem with the card reader- which will no doubt cost me.  

What a load of fucking shit. In 5 years, I've never had a single problem with the Xbox One (and this is used MUCH more in our household) and never had an issue with the Wii either. Xbox 360 obviously had the red ring of death, but that was only once and was repaired for free. 

I've not had any problems with mine but I read a pretty interesting article recently by some hardcore tech nerds about how Nintendo uses significantly older and crappier tech to build their consoles than Sony and Microsoft to cut costs but sell at a massive mark up.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I decided to give Among Us a try and Jesus that game has a problem with hackers hacking the game to either find out who the imposters are, or hacking the game to mean they win immediately. I don’t understand why you’d even bother, it spoils the fun of it all. 

When I play it with the kids, it's like we're playing different games.

I just run around a bit and then its EMERGENCY MEETING and they're both chatting and voting people out and I'm sat there thinking "We've been playing 6 seconds?".

Personally I think its shit, but they love it. Idiots. Or maybe I'm just too old for it.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

When I play it with the kids, it's like we're playing different games.

I just run around a bit and then its EMERGENCY MEETING and they're both chatting and voting people out and I'm sat there thinking "We've been playing 6 seconds?".

Personally I think its shit, but they love it. Idiots. Or maybe I'm just too old for it.

Among Us is bizarre in that it’s super popular but the public lobbies are an absolute shitstorm of cheaters, kids and foreigners joining english speaking lobbies and not understanding anything. Now the game is essentially a meme game for kids like Five Nights at Freddies, Baldi’s Basics and Bendy and The Ink Machine were.

Five Nights is a (seemingly) popular series built entirely on jump scares. You're the night watchman at a Chuck E Cheese type of restaurant with ghosty/evil animatronics. Think there's approximately 3627 games in the series now but not really seen what's so addicting about it, not to the extent of buying the same game repeatedly certain;ly.

• Paid Members

Among Us can be fun if you've got 9 of your mates and a voice chat set up, but it can be frustrating if you're playing with 6 randoms, a hacker and 2 people who are sat next to each other sharing information. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

B. Introduced a significant price reduction to the Joy Cons. £70 for faulty goods is shit.

That also infuriates me. I ended up getting a pair of third party joy-cons recently with a good rating on Amazon for £35. The seller then sent a £30 Amazon gift voucher for leaving a positive review, which casts a bit of doubt on the product if they are doing that to boost their orifice ratings, but fuck it- if they break it's a £5 net purchase compared to £70 for official ones that will highly likely break before long.

23 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That also infuriates me. I ended up getting a pair of third party joy-cons recently with a good rating on Amazon for £35. The seller then sent a £30 Amazon gift voucher for leaving a positive review, which casts a bit of doubt on the product if they are doing that to boost their orifice ratings, but fuck it- if they break it's a £5 net purchase compared to £70 for official ones that will highly likely break before long.

I like the look of the Hori ones. Gonna wait to see what the set up with the eventual Switch Pro will be before splashing out on Joy Cons again.

I tried to play Mario 64 from the All Stars pack in and it’s almost unplayable with zero effort made to bring the camera controls up to date.  It’s a massive shame because 64 and og Mario are the only ones I genuinely love. Fuck Nintendo, they’re like the loveliest nicest abusive partner. I’ll never leave them but I’m fully aware they’re taking the piss.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

It's a shame it wasn't a port of the DS version of Mario 64 with all the extra characters to play through once you've done it with Mario. I've played far too much Pokémon Shield today. I've done the first gym, then gone back and found some pokemon that are a lower level than my current team so I can start trying to implement a deep squad system to be overly prepared for some of the gyms. 

I got a ps4 for Christmas (But my partner let me have it early so i've had it since early November) And I've just been smashing the Uncharted series. 
I have completed 1/2 I wasn't that into the 3rd one I thought all the strong improvements they made in number 2 got scrapped for the 3rd for some reason. 
However now i'm playing the 4th one and i can honestly say this might be the most fun I've ever had playing a video game. It's unbelievably addictive. The graphics/aim assist/Climbing & grappling physics have made sure this 4th game is by far the most complete and perfect package in the franchise.

9 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's a shame it wasn't a port of the DS version of Mario 64 with all the extra characters to play through once you've done it with Mario. 

This is a very underrated port. I loved it at the time and although I find the controls a little off when I replay it, they’ve done so much to enhance the game. Even the added minigames are a load of fun to play. I’d love for them to have taken the same level of care with the Switch port.

• Paid Members

Managed to get the last story part of Hades finished this morning. Credits rolled. I haven't managed to beat it using the sword yet, but think I'll need more titan's blood before I get close to that. There's still stuff to do, I'll have to start trying the punishment gate tasks and things, but it's still fun to crack through. 

So i was talking to my best mate on Christmas eve about the uncharted games and we were having like an hour long conversation about how amazing they are so that's when i bought uncharted 4 thinking it was the last one in the series, But he told me there is a 5th game which is a sort of spin off without Nathan drake and instead with women so as i've been completely addicted to this 4th game and within the space of like 3 days i'm on chapter 16 I've just gone and bought the 5th spin off game ready for when I've completed this one haha. 

I did the same when i was playing hitman i was half way through and fallen in love with it so i went out and bought hitman 2 for when I'd finished it. Speaking of Hitman the 3rd game comes out on the 20th of January i cannot wait for it!!!

3 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

So i was talking to my best mate on Christmas eve about the uncharted games and we were having like an hour long conversation about how amazing they are so that's when i bought uncharted 4 thinking it was the last one in the series, But he told me there is a 5th game which is a sort of spin off without Nathan drake and instead with women so as i've been completely addicted to this 4th game and within the space of like 3 days i'm on chapter 16 I've just gone and bought the 5th spin off game ready for when I've completed this one haha. 

I love your use of full stops in this post.

If you enjoyed Uncharted, I'd suggest you try the Tomb Raider series. It's quite similar.