WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

6 hours ago, iMPACt! said:

Has anybody bought WWE Battlegrounds and is it any good? I see it is on sale both physically and digitally but I'm unsure of purchasing as it looks like the type of game that could get repetitive and old fast.

There's a huge roster, but there are only 3 or 4 movesets between them, so really it's like you get a few different characters and the other 60-odd are all just re-skins. Which makes the whole thing get very repetitive very quickly. I got it for free and still felt let down by it.

• Paid Members

Got a PS5 for Xmas because I am a spoilt brat, and have spent the past few days playing Astro's Playroom and Bugsnax.

Astro's was super fun - the nostalgia trip was great.

Bugsnax was super cute, and I really enjoyed the whole game, but the ending was a bit pfeh. Still, a fun little platformer and puzzle combination. 

• Paid Members

A friend of mine has just got himself an Xbox One and COD. Are whoever produces this daft game taking the mick? He's unable to play the game due to two errors. Some boot loop error and another that renders the controller unusable. £60 for this nonsense! What is going on? Fortunately he only paid £25 for a physical copy. He's given up on it for the time being. Electing instead to engross himself in Forza 7.

Sounds like your friends been unlucky to me. Say what you want about CoD but it’s probably one of the finest AAA productions out there in terms of getting a high end product out with a fairly short production cycle and few bugs. 

I finally got the monkey of winning a solo game of Fortnite off my back and it was massively tainted by it being on my daughters  account and the game being filled with loads of bots. I spent a good year solid playing that game with only a couple of team and duo wins then I jump back in a couple of years later and it’s this easy mode shit? Maybe the real victory is all the (10 year old) friends I mad along the way.

On 12/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

There's a huge roster, but there are only 3 or 4 movesets between them, so really it's like you get a few different characters and the other 60-odd are all just re-skins. Which makes the whole thing get very repetitive very quickly. I got it for free and still felt let down by it.

Thanks, based on this I think I will give it a miss. Sounds similar to the TNA game which I actually think this game uses its engine.

• Paid Members

WWE Battleground made it onto Jim Sterling's Worst Game Of The Year list, and he's someone who's opinion ranks pretty highly, so you've made a fine choice there.

I'm currently playing through Hollow Knight and I'm absolutely loving it. The game is surprisingly big; every time I think I'm coming to the end I find a new, unexplored area of the map. It's incredibly addictive. And the Grubs are the most adorable NPCs in gaming history.

Gave Watchdogs Legion a whirl and got my money back before hitting the two hour mark on it. 

The concept is intriguing, but it's the usual Ubisoft shite. It just feels like...content. Content with an Orwellian skin on it. Nab 50 of these, nail 100 of those, help 200 of them. Just completely soulless. 

• Paid Members

Had a quick look at Bleed 2 which is a game with gold at the moment. It's fun, but I lack the reflexes and coordination to be good at it. It's a run & gun, but with the shooting done with the right analogue stick. It's got that pseudo 8-bit graphical style and soundtrack as well.

• Paid Members

Is it on Game Pass? 

Fuck me, why didn't I get Game Pass sooner. They're doing an offer where you pay £1 for 3 months, plus they add any months you have left from your Gold membership. So I've essentially paid £1 for 9 months of it. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Is it on Game Pass? 

Fuck me, why didn't I get Game Pass sooner. They're doing an offer where you pay £1 for 3 months, plus they add any months you have left from your Gold membership. So I've essentially paid £1 for 9 months of it. 

I randomly got it last night as the deal looked pretty good and I may end up trying a new cheaper Xbox eventually. I've been messing around with the cloud play trying it on a Chromecast with a PS5 controller (doesn't work that well) and mobile which works quite well with Streets of Rage 4.

So far on PC tried the Disneyland game for 15 minutes with a my 2.5 year old and downloading Fallout 76 now to see how bad it is.

Any other recommendations for PC and mobile?

17 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Is it on Game Pass? 

I'm signed up till the end of 2022. Best way to take advantage of this is to buy some 1 year Gold subs before you do it. You can stack upto 3 years then do the £1 convert.

• Paid Members

I've got enough Gold to last me until March 2021, will that see me through the end of the year if I take the deal? I should hop on my XBox and check really. 

Generally it converts your gold to Gamepass for the length of the gold but with you having three months of gold it’ll probably stack you an extra few months, nobody knows how this shit really works it’s a mystery.

I’d stack the gold (1-3 years) then convert to GP for a quid. The pound for three months doesn’t seem to be going anywhere and you’ve got a few months to put a few quid aside for your gold.

If your particularly crafty and daring you can fuck around with VPN blockers and get the dirt cheap South American gold offers that pop up. You’d end up getting three years for about £70 if your lucky but you have to know how to do it.