WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

The poison mechanic is the only thing that there is no mitigation against in terms of boons (unless damage boons round down, but I haven't tried that yet) and 30 clears later I still get caught out. I nomally go for pure damage output over defense and Artemis' crits are wonderful when stacked with weapons that deal short hits really quickly like the Spear with its last aspect (and its healing mechanic is broken awesomeness) or the railgun.

I'm all about the Doom effect though. If you can get it stacked with both the stack bonus and delay buffs it it absolutely rinses non-armoured goons.

Edited by seph

• Moderators

Having now progressed to the end myself, from the limited times I've got there, the best I fared was when I had a souped up shield special and chain lightning cast because then I didn't have to go anywhere near the fuckers. I'm sure there's a good reason that's a noob tactic though. Like I felt like the sword's life gain hammer effect was crazy OP and broken until I hit Elysium and it drops off a cliff.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Probably a stupid question but: is it still possible to buy the standard PS4 version Fifa 21 from the PS store? I can only seem to find ludicrously expensive 'Beckham' or 'Legends' editions which seem a bit overkill for a very casual gamer like meself!

2 minutes ago, DCW said:

Probably a stupid question but: is it still possible to buy the standard PS4 version Fifa 21 from the PS store? I can only seem to find ludicrously expensive 'Beckham' or 'Legends' editions which seem a bit overkill for a very casual gamer like meself!

Beckham edition is the standard edition, 60 quid is the basic price for the game on PSN now.

• Awards Moderator
19 hours ago, Weezenal said:

It was £30 the other day but gone back up to £60 even though it's under the same "January Sale" section it was at £30.

They've done the same with Star Wars Squadrons which I was hovering over today now a few mates have bought it - but it's now in the sale section at full price! 

1 hour ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Wrestling Empire is out on the Switch tomorrow. Well up for the management / booking simulator side of things, but dunno if I'm sold on the actual wrestling...

MDickie games are fucking awful but in an entertaining car crash way, I find I prefer watching others play it more than playing it myself.

Oh, and I forgot that he has put out a series of batshit titles about Christianity..

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Finally beat the final boss on Hades. Now to do more run throughs, but the game isn't exactly clear as to when I should stop playing. I'm guessing I need to complete it with every weapon at least. Anyone who's played it through, can you give me any hints?

• Paid Members

There's an "ending" after 8 or 9 runs where the end credits roll, but there are also other features to keep you going for more and more, and I think more story to reveal as well after that. I still try an escape attempt every day or so. 

• Paid Members

Had a go of Monster Train on Xbox Gamepass, and if you like Slay The Spire it's a much easier version of that. I completed it on my 2nd run. Thankfully it is quite moreish so I went back through a few times with different bosses/builds. It's decent but it never whipped my arse like STS did.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Had a go of Monster Train on Xbox Gamepass, and if you like Slay The Spire it's a much easier version of that. I completed it on my 2nd run. Thankfully it is quite moreish so I went back through a few times with different bosses/builds. It's decent but it never whipped my arse like STS did.

I like Monster Train because I think it's more varied than StS, but I prefer StS because I think that it's actually fairer than Monster Train. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Nexus said:

I like Monster Train because I think it's more varied than StS, but I prefer StS because I think that it's actually fairer than Monster Train. 

I can't remember race names but I put my Fire Champion as a Slayer on the top floor and then put one of the Grass Hollows in front of it. Every time you heal the Hollow, it gives +2 attack and +2 defence to the champion, then with the Slay ability on the Champion it meant by the time the enemies get through the chaff I'd left on the first two floors, my Champion was doing at one point over 200 damage a hit and my Hollow had Spikes, Regen and Shields out the arse. I rarely lost with that build, especially if the trinkets and items you got were decent.