Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Definitely extremely interested in how IO's James Bond game develops. On paper, it's a match made in heaven . 

Can I play as Roger Moore? 

Speaking of which. 

 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, gmoney said:

Mine's chipped so it will play anything. Was playing Hitman yesterday as my cousin sent it to me from America. It's alright. Framerate's dogshit. 

A chipped PS5? Where did you have that done?

  • Paid Members
Posted

I know a guy whose father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate works for Sony so he got me one before they could put all the copy protection on. 

  • Members
Posted

Reminds me of when Sean McNally's brother chipped all our PS1s and sold the games for 50p but because I didn't use a scart I had to play Metal Gear Solid in black and white until I could get one.

What a time.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Memories of playing a copy of Metal Gear Solid on a chipped PS1 and having my life RUINED when I didn’t have the game’s official case to find the required codec frequency on the back.

I think I ended up just calling every single frequency. Probably took hours.

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted
Just now, Supremo said:

Memories of playing a copy of Metal Gear Solid on a chipped PS1 and having my life RUINED when I didn’t have the game’s official case to find the codec frequency.

I did the same, so went to my local Future Zone to look at the back of the box. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I had a chipped copy of a Godzilla game that was not only entirely in black and white but also Japanese. It was some sort of trading card game!

Posted

I’m pretty sure I’ve never played MGS solely for that reason. Didn’t matter, I was too busy blowing up Terry Wogan and Cilla Black on Worms with my upside down PS1 anyway.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I used to do the disc swap trick where you'd hold the button inside the drive down with the innards of a biro. We had a disc with a some wrestling games on it. The old WCW games, and WWF Attitude. To free up space none of the music was in the games so the wrestlers would all come out to silence. I think they chopped the videos out of the WCW games as well, meaning there was no point to them. 

Posted (edited)

You could get a spring that'd hold that inner button down when opening the disc drive, I had one that came with a little dohicky that plugged into the back of the original models for playing backups and using cheat codes.

I had a dodgy beta copy of Attitude, lots of stuff missing and would barely ever load a match.

Edited by Merzbow
  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

No way did that actually work??!!

Sorry I didn’t reply, I was trying to be the first person in the world to complete the campaign by having a head start on all the plebsgreat success win GIF

Posted

On the subject of dodgy video game tricks, during the generational switchover between PS1 and PS2 I rented the PS2 version of Tony Hawk 3 and returned the PS1 version that I owned in its place when I was a kid. Both discs were just yellow with the game logo, no platform specified. I was a little scumbag. 

Spare a thought for the next kid who rented it out and was greeted with this:

spacer.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...