WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Definitely extremely interested in how IO's James Bond game develops. On paper, it's a match made in heaven . 

Can I play as Roger Moore? 

Speaking of which. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

I know a guy whose father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate works for Sony so he got me one before they could put all the copy protection on. 

• Paid Members

Memories of playing a copy of Metal Gear Solid on a chipped PS1 and having my life RUINED when I didn’t have the game’s official case to find the required codec frequency on the back.

I think I ended up just calling every single frequency. Probably took hours.

Edited by Supremo

• Awards Moderator
Just now, Supremo said:

Memories of playing a copy of Metal Gear Solid on a chipped PS1 and having my life RUINED when I didn’t have the game’s official case to find the codec frequency.

I did the same, so went to my local Future Zone to look at the back of the box. 

• Paid Members

I used to do the disc swap trick where you'd hold the button inside the drive down with the innards of a biro. We had a disc with a some wrestling games on it. The old WCW games, and WWF Attitude. To free up space none of the music was in the games so the wrestlers would all come out to silence. I think they chopped the videos out of the WCW games as well, meaning there was no point to them. 

You could get a spring that'd hold that inner button down when opening the disc drive, I had one that came with a little dohicky that plugged into the back of the original models for playing backups and using cheat codes.

I had a dodgy beta copy of Attitude, lots of stuff missing and would barely ever load a match.

Edited by Merzbow

On the subject of dodgy video game tricks, during the generational switchover between PS1 and PS2 I rented the PS2 version of Tony Hawk 3 and returned the PS1 version that I owned in its place when I was a kid. Both discs were just yellow with the game logo, no platform specified. I was a little scumbag. 

Spare a thought for the next kid who rented it out and was greeted with this:

spacer.png