WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

So I woke up at 4am this morning and jumped straight on it. My personal Thoughts on it so far is It feels like the gameplay does flow even more smoothly than the second game and that's saying something as the second game was really impressive. I completed the first mission in just under a hour and although it was far from a bad mission Personally I think the second mission is miles more entertaining and fun without giving any spoilers for it, The route I have gone down with the second Mission while it in some ways is way more Ideal as the disguise I've gone with gives you access pretty much anywhere within the mansion without any problems I will say I think I have found a glitch/Problem in the murder mystery storyline on the second mission as you have to go round and investigate 5 different areas and I have successfully got every clue in 4 of the rooms but one of them it's saying there is 1 more to find and I have literally looked and searched every single part of the room from floor to ceiling but it is nowhere to be found. 

It's been commented on several reviews/previews of the game that the addition of the camera tool/gadget feels slightly irritating and unnecessary and I have to agree IMO. I understand with it being the last game in the trilogy they wanted to add some new elements to the levels to make it feel fresher and more upgraded but I don't think it needed this sort of addition and personally it just feels abit irritating because you can find yourself stuck for what to do next not really thinking for a second to whip out your camera and scan something in order to open a window or scan for evidence. But like i said (Before any of you jump on me like you enjoy doing) This is just my personal opinion as a fan of the franchise and someone who has immensely enjoyed and completed the previous 2 games.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

So I woke up at 4am this morning and jumped straight on it. My personal Thoughts on it so far is It feels like the gameplay does flow even more smoothly than the second game and that's saying something as the second game was really impressive. I completed the first mission in just under a hour and although it was far from a bad mission Personally I think the second mission is miles more entertaining and fun without giving any spoilers for it, The route I have gone down with the second Mission while it in some ways is way more Ideal as the disguise I've gone with gives you access pretty much anywhere within the mansion without any problems I will say I think I have found a glitch/Problem in the murder mystery storyline on the second mission as you have to go round and investigate 5 different areas and I have successfully got every clue in 4 of the rooms but one of them it's saying there is 1 more to find and I have literally looked and searched every single part of the room from floor to ceiling but it is nowhere to be found. 

I didn't do the mission as the Detective so I'm not sure if the clues are the same ones you can scan with your camera anyway, but the ones I found were

Spoiler

Shoes and Intel in the bedroom, footprints on the steps outside, Whiskey and intel in the room with the corpse, intel in the Greenhouse and a couple of others I forget.

You're right though, the second mission is more fun than the first. I've always enjoyed the smaller maps over the big sprawling buildings and streets. My favourite mission in any Hitman game to this point is still the BBQ at that house in Blood Money. The suburbs in the last game were fun too. 
I will admit however that I've buggered up both the first two missions so far by getting so far in, getting caught and then it turning into a bloodbath. Just wall to wall corpses, 0 stars on both.

Edited by FelatioLips

6 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I didn't do the mission as the Detective so I'm not sure if the clues are the same ones you can scan with your camera anyway, but the ones I found were

Reveal hidden contents

Shoes and Intel in the bedroom, footprints on the steps outside, Whiskey and intel in the room with the corpse, intel in the Greenhouse and a couple of others I forget.

You're right though, the second mission is more fun than the first. I've always enjoyed the smaller maps over the big sprawling buildings and streets. My favourite mission in any Hitman game to this point is still the BBQ at that house in Blood Money. The suburbs in the last game were fun too. 
I will admit however that I've buggered up both the first two missions so far by getting so far in, getting caught and then it turning into a bloodbath. Just wall to wall corpses, 0 stars on both.

Ahhhh well I just said to my partner that although I'm really really really enjoying the detective route for the second mission, I know that whatever route I chose when i replay it will be way way harder as you won't have that 1 disguise that pretty much let's you roam around undetected and unbothered for the entire mission. Also I 100% agree with you on your opinion on the smaller missions, The one I enjoyed the most (I think it was from the last game) was the mission where your on that nice quiet housing estate while the entire neighbourhood are enjoying a BBQ/Get together at one of the houses you can go round different houses, Some of which are up for sale so empty but you can explore secret passages in the basement or cool shit in the attic ext. While I did enjoy the first mission and it was truly breath-taking (Exactly the same as Paris and Miami in the first and second Hitman games) This second mission has really gripped me and I have been given the opportunity to frame people for the murder a couple of times but I really wanted to get all the clues and find out for certain who it was. 

• Paid Members
On 1/19/2021 at 7:11 PM, Supremo said:

Memories of playing a copy of Metal Gear Solid on a chipped PS1 and having my life RUINED when I didn’t have the game’s official case to find the required codec frequency on the back.

I think I ended up just calling every single frequency. Probably took hours.

I bought my copy of Metal Gear Solid in Holland; everything was in English, but the box art was different (and maybe the manual was in Dutch? Can't remember). The box art didn't have the requisite screenshot on it, so even after spending forever trying to figure out how to get the number from the in-game box item before realising it meant the physical box, I was still none the wiser.

Didn't have the internet to check, so again had to dial through every frequency. I think Meryl's was a reasonably early one, though, so it didn't take too long.

I've been playing Jurassic World: Evolution a lot the past few days. It's a pretty bog standard management game, and often downright irritating with how fiddly some of it can be, but it's addictive as hell. It's just built around delayed gratification, so there's always something (usually reasonably inconsequential) to strive for just around the corner, so every "just ten more minutes" ends up being another hour. Jeff Goldblum phoning in his lines with obvious contempt is a fine reward for getting five stars on a level, though.

Tapped out on Doom Eternal after a few hours. It's a gorgeous game and the action feels great, but the little platform puzzles and the sheer amount of upgrades and add ons you have to interact with constantly took me out of it. The 2016 one is where it's at. I actually feel like playing it again now. 

The better half has also commandeered the Xbox and turned it into a Tetris machine in the evenings. Tetris Effect rules, doesn't it? Although we've taken to call it Jon Hopkins Tetris just because of that way it's dripping in that "Reach out! Feel the breeze!" uplifting dance music. 

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Play him a little song.

I did see this on YouTube early this morning. I intended not to turn to guides too much but those dirty bastards went and slipped an overpowered boss in to the start of the game didn’t they and after I beat the Cleric Beast on my first go! I wish there was a guide for loot and time saving as it’s the fomo that keeps taking me back to wiki’s. I’m always afraid I’ll spend hours traipsing back and forth only to find another save point tucked behind a box of something but it seems to be a case of far fewer save points in favour of loads more shortcuts.

• Paid Members

Xbox Live Gold is going up by a quid a month. Apparently Microsoft are sending a mass email to everyone, and then they'll have 45 days until. The price increase happens. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Xbox Live Gold is going up by a quid a month. Apparently Microsoft are sending a mass email to everyone, and then they'll have 45 days until. The price increase happens. 

For the one-month deal it is. For the three-month deal it's up by a fiver, and for the six month, it's doubling.

Yep. 6 months for what you were paying for 12. They really want you to fuck it off for Ultimate gamepass.

1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

Out of curiosity, I downloaded Hitman 3 on Switch as there’s a free demo. It uses streaming, as clearly the Switch isn’t capable of playing the game natively. I’ve yet to have anything other than a mediocre streaming experience with any service, but this was one of the worst I’ve tried.

I at least thought it might look good given it’s presumably running off PC hardware, yet it really does look like what a Switch version of Hitman would look like. It’s really laggy, too, despite being hard wired and with a decent enough download/upload speed.

It must’ve been quite some effort to set that all up, but who really is going to splash out £50 to play it? I didn’t delve into the T&Cs, so unsure how long they promise to keep the served running. Unless I’m missing something, it’s seems utterly pointless.

I played the Control trial and it seemed ok but apparently it was dog shit for most people. It’s a great idea in theory. Switch barely runs PS4/Xbone games to a decent standard so with next gen games they’ll well and truly be left standing. Don’t forget the Switch could be half way through it’s lifecycle (probably not though) so this could be how they see the future of their handheld devices. God knows everyone else seems to see streaming as the future and as weird as it is for Nintendo to follow the trend, especially with online gaming, you can see why they’d want a hand in it. Maybe the super Switch pro plus whatever will have better streaming capabilities and the servers will be better by then.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, seph said:

For the one-month deal it is. For the three-month deal it's up by a fiver, and for the six month, it's doubling.

Yep. 6 months for what you were paying for 12. They really want you to fuck it off for Ultimate gamepass.

I don't get why they don't just phase it out for ultimate gamepass. That's presumably the long term plan.