WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

45 minutes ago, ThommoLincs said:

Looking for recommendations for an external hdd for an Xbox one S.

Ideally not looking to spend a fortune 

I got a Seagate one a few years back and it’s never given me any problems. Don’t bother with cheap ones. 

1 hour ago, ThommoLincs said:

Looking for recommendations for an external hdd for an Xbox one S.

Ideally not looking to spend a fortune 

https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-gb/products/portable-drives/wd-my-passport-usb-3-0-hdd-recertified?cjevent=9a61ba40689911eb82c403260a180511#RWDBS4B0020BWT-WESN

40 quid and will work just fine, I've got one on my PS4 right now.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I got a Seagate one a few years back and it’s never given me any problems. Don’t bother with cheap ones. 

Yep same here, 1tb I think mine is. Don't know about the Xbone s but it does make my original Xbone work a bit harder (the fan is more likely to come on). But other than that, no issues at all. 

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Finally got a PS5 with Spidey today (although not arriving until the end of the months) so have to ask the obvious questions:

1) What are the must have games so far?

2) Last Playstation I had was the PS3 (had an Xbox One and Switch after that) so what else should I be picking up?

The answer to both questions, pretty much, is "PS4 games". It's mental how few actual PS5 games exist, even though we're nearly three months post-launch. Both of the new-gen consoles might as well just be fancy / expensive Blu-ray players at this point.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

The Last Of Us 2 (and 1 if you haven't played it), Uncharted 4, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon Zero Dawn were the best PS4 exclusives which should be cracking on the PS5.

Last of Us 2 is boring as hell imo. Though it should be said that I've never rated the original as highly as others have. 

Can't comment on GoW or Uncharted 4 (really need to get started on that series) but agree on Ghost and Dawn, both excellent games if you ain't sick of open world and/or Assassin's Creed type games.

If you like Spiderman, David then the Batman Arkham games should be easy to get pretty cheap now and I assume are backwards compatible. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

Day's Gone is quite a lot of fun, but I'm quite happy for it to be over. There was a whole second section of the map which I wasn't a fan of, but there are some decent ideas with certain bits. It just suffers from the same issue most open-world games do - lots and lots of distractions which don't serve to do anything except pad the game out.

15 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Finally got a PS5 with Spidey today (although not arriving until the end of the months) so have to ask the obvious questions:

1) What are the must have games so far?

2) Last Playstation I had was the PS3 (had an Xbox One and Switch after that) so what else should I be picking up?

The first thing you need to do is get a PS Plus subscription. PS5 PS Plus has a great back catalogue of last gen games and you could easily only have that for a year. In that you can play God of War, The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Shadow of the Colossus, Resi 7 etc. You also get the monthly games and if you can set your account up prior to your actual PlayStation coming you can get this months Control Ultimate edition which has been buffed up to run on PS5. Just make sure you get your free two weeks before activating your paid sub.

Digital Devil Saga (PS2/PSN download) 

Reason I mentioned it being the PSN version is because it has a known issue where sound effects are out of sync during cutscenes. Not a deal breaker though.

Anyway. 

Fuck me I'd forgotten how frustrating the encounter rate is in this game. Easily the worst I have personally experienced in a JRPG. 

Which is a shame because other than that it's a great game and possibly one of the most overlooked games in the entire Shin Megami Tensei series.

I was playing Xenosaga and really enjoying it but my PS2 had trouble playing dual layer disks (that or I have a dodgy disk) and in a stupid move I decided to try some DIY repairs and fucked it up. 

RIP PS2.

• Paid Members

Just finished the first dungeon in Persona 5: Royal

Such a good game - I finished the original Persona when it first came out but I had the urge to play it again so figured I'd get Royal whilst it was on sale. 

Still hate Ann's outfit, and the way Morgana lusts over her, but it's a JRPG/a Persona game so it's something I just have to accept.