WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

16 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

There's a new Intellivision "console" coming out later this year. It appears to be a defibrillator that you can play mobile-quality games on. It must be some sort of shady tax write-off, surely.

I've been following this through the CUPodcast and fuck me is it a mess, just fuck up after fuck up. It has a weird cult like following though, where the flaws are so obvious but these idiots will just lie to themselves about them and are convinced it's going to be a "game changer".

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

I just bought Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Edition for £3.19 on the PS Store. I always find myself giving up on MGS games half way through when I get stuck on a mission I can't do, but for this price, I don't mind.

It's much easier to get into than previous games due to being open world and still just as gloriously dumb as anything Kojima has put his name to. 

The opening drags a bit though. 

Bargain at that price. 

I picked up the first 3 uncharted games (remastered) on the PS store for £7.80 which is an absolute bargain. 
I completed all 3 games on normal difficulty but what it made me realise is the second game out of those 3 is by far the best and most enjoyable. The first even though it is fantastic is incredibly annoying and even though they remastered it they didn't change the ridiculous shooting aspect where you can find yourself unloading about 20 bullets in 1 person before they finally accept defeat and die. 

I am really enjoying these sort of games though IE: Hitman/Uncharted. 
Has anyone got any decent recommendations on what to look at playing next.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

There's a new Intellivision "console" coming out later this year. It appears to be a defibrillator that you can play mobile-quality games on. It must be some sort of shady tax write-off, surely.

Pat Contri and Ian Ferguson have been covering this on the Completely Unnecessary Podcast. Tommy Tallarico who did a lot of music for videogames in the 80s is behind it, and it looks awful. Possibly not as bad as the Atari VCS that's on the way, but certainly as egregious. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The girls bought over their Switch today. That Tom Nook is an insufferable arsehole isn't he? 

I bought Animal Crossing for Christmas because I heard how relaxing it was to play. Felt like having a second job. Fuck that shit.

Concrete Genie is free on PS+. I had never heard of it but it's an incredibly sweet and beautiful little game. Only a few hours long but the perfect length (kw.jpeg). 

• Paid Members

I liked The Outer Worlds, although slightly underwhelmed by it. I'd have liked a few more places to visit/explore. The storyline was OK but didn't grip me, and I ended up phoning it in playing the game- that's probably a big reason why I wasn't as invested in it. I'll definitely give the sequel a go though. 

Me and the kids are playing Tony Hawk's 1+2. My god, it's like riding a bike isn't it? 20 years since I last played a Tony Hawk game I reckon and it didn't take me long to remember how to bust out the ridiculous combos.

Edited by PunkStep

12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Pat Contri and Ian Ferguson have been covering this on the Completely Unnecessary Podcast. Tommy Tallarico who did a lot of music for videogames in the 80s is behind it, and it looks awful. Possibly not as bad as the Atari VCS that's on the way, but certainly as egregious. 

The VCS actually works as intended, it's overpriced trash but they've delivered. Gameplay videos are showing this to be much worse right now.

• Paid Members

I haven't heard of Pat Contri/Pat the NES Punk in years, so I did the obligatory Google name search with the term "controversy" and I was relieved to see that he hasn't been outed as an abuser, peado, conspiracy nutter or right-wing enthusiast like a couple of other YouTube gamers that I used to be into back in the day.

1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

If you've not played them yet, the new Tomb Raider games will be well up your alley. Out of the three, the first is the best, and despite suffering from diminishing returns, I still really enjoyed the second one.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I picked up the first 3 uncharted games (remastered) on the PS store for £7.80 which is an absolute bargain. 
I completed all 3 games on normal difficulty but what it made me realise is the second game out of those 3 is by far the best and most enjoyable. The first even though it is fantastic is incredibly annoying and even though they remastered it they didn't change the ridiculous shooting aspect where you can find yourself unloading about 20 bullets in 1 person before they finally accept defeat and die. 

If you like Uncharted try the Tomb Raider reboot series (Tomb Raider, Rise of The Tomb Raider, Shadow of The Tomb Raider). I've only played the first two of them but they're brilliant and I prefer them to Uncharted because there's more focus on survival, stealth and puzzles than Uncharted which is more about platforming and poor shooting sections.

There's nothing I can think of really like Hitman, it's pretty much it's own unique genre. If you like stealth and shooting though you could try The Last of Us. Personally I'm not a fan and haven't played the second one but a lot of people talk highly about them. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

The girls bought over their Switch today. That Tom Nook is an insufferable arsehole isn't he? 

He's nowhere near as bad in New Horizons as he was in previous Animal Crossing games. Over the whole of the series the characters have become much, much more passive and have less autonomy than they used to.