WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Can some one explain animal crossing to me. It’s sales and reviews are though the roof. I watched numerous reviews but still don’t really understand what the game is.

it seems to be a farming/building sim? So I guess there is no actual mission based game? You just ponder round collect stuff to build? Then place it? 

I like to give it a go but I’m totally confused by it having never played a AC game before 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

It's a chore based game. As in, you spend your time doing chores. 

It's collecting, digging, hitting, speaking and grinding. It has a cutesy aesthetic. 

I played it solidly for about a month and a half when it came out - log on, do the chores, log off. It was nice for a bit.  

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Can some one explain animal crossing to me. It’s sales and reviews are though the roof. I watched numerous reviews but still don’t really understand what the game is.

it seems to be a farming/building sim? So I guess there is no actual mission based game? You just ponder round collect stuff to build? Then place it? 

I like to give it a go but I’m totally confused by it having never played a AC game before 

@Nexus has nailed it, it's worth mentioning there is no 'goal' either, it's a limited sandbox. You are usually earning currency to pay back a loan but there's no pressure to do this. You collect things, you renovate your house, grow flowers, go fishing... there's events every few weeks too where special decorations appear or one-time guests visit the island. The 'game' is escapism and goals are what you make them.

The game has been out 11 months tomorrow and my daughter has played it every single day since. 

On 2/17/2021 at 7:54 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

There's a new Intellivision "console" coming out later this year. It appears to be a defibrillator that you can play mobile-quality games on. It must be some sort of shady tax write-off, surely.

They've delayed it again so God knows if it even gets released. It was supposed to be out last year, then April and now Autumn. It is way overpriced at £250. I imagine people who had an intellivision will pay up to play remade intellivision games then within the year it will be under £99.

The only interesting thing about it is that it is getting Earthworm Jim 4.

PS5 first thoughts:

It's fucking massive.

It's really fucking fast.

I had to force myself to stop playing Astro's Playroom. What a wonderful experience.

Having not had a PS4, the Miles Morales game has blown me away and I've already purchased the upgraded Spider-Man to play next.

I'm still shit at FIFA but they've done a great job visually with the upgrades so far (again, I skipped for a few years) and I'm looking forward to seeing how they really develop it with more time.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

PS5 first thoughts:

It's fucking massive.

I had to force myself to stop playing Astro's Playroom. What a wonderful experience.

Having not had a PS4, the Miles Morales game has blown me away and I've already purchased the upgraded Spider-Man to play next.

I'm still shit at FIFA but they've done a great job visually with the upgrades so far (again, I skipped for a few years) and I'm looking forward to seeing how they really develop it with more time.

Astro's Playroom is such a delightful nostalgia romp. So good. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

PS5 first thoughts:

It's fucking massive.

I thought you already got the Spider-Man remaster with Miles Morales on PS5? 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah the bundle I got on Game just had the normal Miles. Didn't mind paying £20 for the other Spidey once it popped up to be honest.

Ah, ok. I just assumed it was some thing where once you installed Miles Morales on your PS5 it just went "would you like to install the original as well?" Terribly naive. Reminds me I need to try and get some more in this weekend though, so I can get cracking on Miles Morales myself. 

• Paid Members

I've done the story, I'm still swinging from area to area mopping up the crimes and bases, then I've got the DLC campaigns to do as well. 

• Paid Members

I don't think my hand-eye coordination will let me get the best scores in the Taskmaster things, so I can probably kiss the platinum goodbye, but I want to try and get all the suits. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I don't think my hand-eye coordination will let me get the best scores in the Taskmaster things, so I can probably kiss the platinum goodbye, but I want to try and get all the suits. 

The game does well as it never feels like a chore to mop up the last bits. I dont think i ever used fast travel as swinging around was to much fun