WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

There's a trophy for using fast travel a certain number of times, so I fast travelled until I unlocked that. I don't want to start the DLC stuff yet in case I lose the crimes etc from the map.

4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

There's a trophy for using fast travel a certain number of times, so I fast travelled until I unlocked that. I don't want to start the DLC stuff yet in case I lose the crimes etc from the map.

The crimes are randomly generated so you’ll be there forever. Do you mean the bases you have to close down?

• Paid Members

Yeah, the bases and camps and things. Plus I'd also not want to be doing a mission and those damned Silver Sable snipers turn up. 

• Moderators

Ahh yeah! Thps remaster coming to switch this year. Hopefully sooner rather than later... In the meantime I'm still really enjoying Hades, working my way up through the heat levels and trying to get the weapons all leveled up.

(Still tend to avoid using the gun though - just not a fan of it as a weapon)

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Have you managed to get some of the awakening phrases for the weapons yet? When you unlock the aspect of Lucifer for the adamant rail it has a really good combination of dropping the special, and then exploding it with your laser. I'm not looking forward to trying with the shield's final form as it looks like it's a heck of a handicap, although maybe if I level. It up a little more it'll be worth it. 

I still struggle with the sword, but usually sail through it with the fists. The aspect of Gilgamesh was very cool. 

• Moderators

The only final form I haven't unlocked yet is the shield. I have unlocked the Lucifer gun but haven't tried it out yet, other than on Skelly. I wasn't excited by it.

With the sword, I breezed through on my first go with Excalibur - but I've only used it once so not sure if everything just came together with a good build or what. Generally what I've been doing with the sword is I've maxed out the Poseidon aspect and keep trying to force a cast build with varying success. I'm still scraping through and winning with it but not convincingly.

I've completed once with Gilgamesh. It was alright but didn't excite me that much. What I love about the fists is their speed and ol' gil just feels very slow. Maybe if maim counted as a status curse then I'd feel differently. I've had fun doing a lambent plume run with the Zag fists. Feels good when you get your dodge up really high and are just untouchable. Pairs very well with the Poseidon dash.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

On 2/19/2021 at 10:46 AM, DavidB6937 said:

PS5 first thoughts:

It's fucking massive.

It's really fucking fast.

I had to force myself to stop playing Astro's Playroom. What a wonderful experience.

Having not had a PS4, the Miles Morales game has blown me away and I've already purchased the upgraded Spider-Man to play next.

I'm still shit at FIFA but they've done a great job visually with the upgrades so far (again, I skipped for a few years) and I'm looking forward to seeing how they really develop it with more time.

where did you buy your PS5 from?

16 minutes ago, children of bodom said:

where did you buy your PS5 from?

Managed to get it from Game in the last drop.

Been following quite a few Twitter accounts that try to track when they might be in stock etc. This was the one that notified me - @Ps5Instant - they had a live stream on Youtube at the time that was tracking things. Not sure if they're still doing it but that's how I got one anyway.

@St0ckInformer on Twitter is excellent for PS5 and Series X stock. The lad who runs the account has made his own bot which checks for stock at various shops and automatically Tweets a link as soon as it finds anything - he mentioned the other day that he's got it down to around 5 seconds now. I managed to get a Series X last night after one of his notifications - I'd bought it and the confirmation email had come through before the other Twitter accounts and apps had even sent the link out (by which time they appeared to be out of stock anyway).

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA

I will say it's also worth trying on multiple devices at the same time for these drops, as there's no real logic to getting into queues etc.

When I got the PS5 notification alert I jumped straight on with my phone and got into the Game queue. About half an hour later I tried on my tablet and got straight through to product selection without queuing. Did then take me another half hour to actually check out and pay but definitely worth messing around with a few things if you can.

• Paid Members

Managed the Beowulf shield run this morning. Got a divine dash early doors and some good boosts to my attack damage with a hammer of daedelus. Also a good bit of freeze damage from Demeter's boons. I like Athens, Artemis & Ares's boons for the protection and extra bits of damage you can deal. I tend to try and get out with whichever weapon gives the bonus darkness when I make it to the armoury. I also managed to get dusa's companion this morning, so it might be time to swap batty out and see what Fidi does. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Moderators

Yeah, I tend to go with whichever weapon is thirstin' as well, 9 times out of 10. I have all the companions now, but have only used two of them so far, and dusa's isn't one I've tried.

Artemis is an interesting one as she works so well with pretty much anything else and you'd never be unhappy to get pressure points, but because none of her boons cause status curses I generally don't build around her as I like to run privileged status mirror effect.