WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

57 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Was that planned or a complete fluke? I’ve watched three times and can’t decide. Awesome though, regardless.

It’s my go to from kick off. Send the forward off on a forward run then play a lobbed through ball and every now and then the timing pays off and the forward nods it in. It was definitely a fluke. That was straight from the first kick off. I went on to lose handsomely, partly out of fear of the other player quitting before I had chance to capture it and mostly out of being shit.

33 minutes ago, marc2j said:

Pro Evo plays more like a game of football to my mind. It feels more natural, from the running, the ball control, the passing and the ebb/flow of a match. That said, whilst Pro Evo does beat FIFA gameplay wise, handily in my view, the FIFA package is so head and shoulders above it that it almost doesnt matter these days. I'd be interested to see the next gen Pro Evo though. 

This is pretty much my opinion. 

Pro Evo still thumps it for gameplay - and that should be all that matters - but the presentation, menu systems etc are all so stale and it's got such a "But all my mates play FIFA" stink that FIFA is still a very appetizing option. I don't think the gameplay is that far behind, either. Even as a Pro Evo guy I feel like the anti EA/footy purist sentiment you get out there slightly exaggerates how bad FIFA is. They could release a Pro Evo with one stadium, the same repeating Boo Radleys track and an option to perform a blood sacrifice in order to get different kit colours and half the fanbase would still be "But you can just imagine all that stuff, it's all about the football!" 

I readily admit to being a massive schmuck but I buy both and have done for the last 3 years. I get PES at the beginning of the cycle and wait til Fifa drops below £20 quid to see out the end of season/ pre-season. I've always preferred PES as an actual football game. There's a sense of weight and AI intelligence that are missing in FIFA and have been for years. My main gripe with PES is the lack of domestic leagues and licences, so if you mostly play Master League like I do you're banished to the weird leagues if you want to do a lengthy campaign. Also the lack of leagues to buy cheap players with big potential grates. The flip side of that is a few years back PES secured the South American leagues, so buying promising young Argentinian or Brazilian league players is gone from FIFA.

The other side is the quality of life side on FIFA pisses all over PES in terms of Stadiums and kits.

In summary if you like lower league football, Bundesliga, J-League, MLS and shiny shit get FIFA.

If you like South Americans, realistic physics and AI that works get PES.

One last thing, all I want from a new PES on next gen is new commentary. If I have to listen to Jim Fucking Beglin explain that maybe there's still time for a little ebb for another year, I'm gonna wind up on the news. FIFA mitigated  commentary fatigue last year by alternating between two teams, both were a bit pish but at least you weren't constantly hearing the same lines every game that you've been listening to for at least 8 years.

Edited by BrodyGraham

Yeah I’m a Pro Evo man through and through I have to admit .

I’ve just found the gameplay so realistic and in my mind it just plays like a good of football should .

I started on the original FIFA on the SNES for 2-3 games before picking up International Superstar Soccer Deluxe around 1996 I think it was. 
Loved that game !!

I remember actually being very disappointed with the original International Superstar Soccer Pro on the PSX when it came out in 1997 as it was completely different to what I was expecting.  ISS Pro then became Pro Evolution soccer then a few years after if I remember correct .
But yeah , pretty much been Pro Evo all the way since . 

If I wanted to install like an early 90’s Premier League retro kit file . What’s the best way to find out where the best ones are. I don’t mind paying ....

Edited by RancidPunx

• Paid Members

Finished Ghost of Tsushima yesterday. 

I thought it had really good swordplay, and the stealth was well done - having also played Assassin's Creed Odyssey this year, I think Ghost does a lot of the Assassin's Creed stuff better. I enjoyed the story, as well, and found some of the side-quests quite heart breaking. The map markers/collectibles were a lot, but the Guiding Wind mechanic made it less of a chore. I might go back and finish it to 100% but I also probably won't...

On 12/22/2020 at 8:49 AM, Nexus said:

Finished Ghost of Tsushima yesterday. 

I thought it had really good swordplay, and the stealth was well done - having also played Assassin's Creed Odyssey this year, I think Ghost does a lot of the Assassin's Creed stuff better. I enjoyed the story, as well, and found some of the side-quests quite heart breaking. The map markers/collectibles were a lot, but the Guiding Wind mechanic made it less of a chore. I might go back and finish it to 100% but I also probably won't...

It’s an easy platinum it just takes time. There’s no ‘complete game again on harder setting’ trophy or anything it’s literally just getting the collectibles and fully upgrading armour sets which you’ve probably already done if you’ve finished it. Walking around in my mongol armour and not getting mugged every 2 minutes was pretty sweet. There’s a tidy little sly copper Easter egg trophy too.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It’s an easy platinum it just takes time. There’s no ‘complete game again on harder setting’ trophy or anything it’s literally just getting the collectibles and fully upgrading armour sets which you’ve probably already done if you’ve finished it. Walking around in my mongol armour and not getting mugged every 2 minutes was pretty sweet. There’s a tidy little sly copper Easter egg trophy too.

Yeah it's like the Spider-Man platinum. I might stick a podcast on and get on with it today, but I'll probably just end up playing Apex Legends and FIFA 21 instead.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Mudrunners is some stupid bit of fun with friends, just driving around Russian wilderness in giant trucks and getting stuck in lakes and tipping over with all my fucking logs going everywhere. This is my Train Simulator.

Picked it up in a sale on Switch. Its got some good physics, and there's a lot of detail. Some nice problem solving elements as well. Have you given Snowrunner a look? 

31 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Picked it up in a sale on Switch. Its got some good physics, and there's a lot of detail. Some nice problem solving elements as well. Have you given Snowrunner a look? 

Yeah I've been thinking of picking it up at some point, not keen on just how much DLC there is tho.

I got Mudrunners for free from the Epic store so I guess I should give them a little money anyway.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I played the Snowrunners version of it on the PS4. It's immense fun and you can waste so much time without realising it. 

• Paid Members

Spotted in the sale on PS4 last night for £40 there's an EA Star Wars pack which has Jedi Fallen Order, that new Squadrons game, and one of the special editions of Battlefront 2.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

The Outer Worlds (Xbox One X) 

My second playthrough only this time I'm playing as a corporate sellout who only looks out for herself and her crew. 

Might do a solo run after that. Anyone tried Supernova mode? If so how is it? 

I started this about a month ago and I'm so bored. Waddle to place X. Kill / talk to Y. Gunplay is tired. Gave up on it.