WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Miles Morales is incredible. I have to have a quiet little sit down after it because the action is relentless when you’re in it and the lack of loading means you literally swing out of cutscenes in to action. Peter Parker can fuck off, he’s not my Spider-Man anymore.

• Paid Members

Sounds like the update to Spider-Man is out. It gives a couple of free costumes. One is an advance armour suit, the other is a Kamen Rider inspired costume which looks a little mental, especially with the cel shading. 

• Paid Members

I fancy playing a new FPS and Destiny 2: Beyond Light has caught my eye. If I download this do I need to play through the original Destiny 2 first? Or can I jump right into Beyond Light without playing the base game?

Modern gaming with all it's expansions and DLC confuses me far more than it should.

So the Beyond Light expansion has removed the original story and first 2 expansions, there’s a new ‘First Light’ campaign which introduces you to the game and brings you somewhat up to speed, before you then move onto the Beyond Light content. You can also play the last 2 expansions Forsaken and Shadowkeep.

it’s a grindy loot based live service game but the gameplay mechanics are so enjoyable and as far as FPS games go nothing compares for me. I’ve played since the beta of the first game and although I’ve dropped out on occasion it remains the only game I play with regularity. The fact it looks great with a fantastic score helps too.

• Moderators

I still haven't forgiven them for getting rid of the Dinklebot; never played the second game...

Actually the real reason I super playing was because I enjoyed the game a lot but I hate playing with strangers and didn't have enough friends to do  the later Raids.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I haven't raided in D2 in ages (only ever completed the first raid) due a combination of my old clan basically going AWOL and the rewards not feeling like they are worth the hassle.

Much happier just pissing about in crucible or doing standard bounties these days. 

Used to raid regularly in D1 even if I wasn't getting anything out of it. Plenty of fond memories from Vault and Crota.

Later raids didn't feel anywhere near as fun. Didn't even complete King's Fall which I absolutely hated.

Dinklebot :( never forget. Nolan North is a decent replacement though, they also killed off Nathan Fillion’s character and Gina Torres hasn’t had anything new to say in about 18 months. They clearly moved away from the high cost voice cast to save some money. 

I’ve only recently joined a clan in the last few months, until then the last raid I’d done was Kings Fall in D1. It’s still a time sink, that’s my main thing. Even with a team who knows the raid it’s still tough going and can last for hours. I’ve still only finished a couple of raids even with a clan.

The new raid launched on Saturday so I was watching along on stream as the top teams were racing for first place (rock and roll, I know). 5 and a half hours it took, no chance I’d have that sort of time free.

Also, the new stasis (freeze) powers have kind of broken pvp play at the moment so maybe give that a miss until they get the balance right.

36 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Man I should not have downloaded Tetris Effect: Connected. It has stolen my life.

This. I was fully prepared to be disappointed by this as I wasn't sure if I'd feel the same way about it as I did the VR version of this, but it's still brilliant, it's still absolutely hooked me and it still feels like an absolute reinvention of Tetris even though the core gameplay is exactly the same. Love it. 

20 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

This. I was fully prepared to be disappointed by this as I wasn't sure if I'd feel the same way about it as I did the VR version of this, but it's still brilliant, it's still absolutely hooked me and it still feels like an absolute reinvention of Tetris even though the core gameplay is exactly the same. Love it. 

I've played far too many version of Tetris over the years - I credit the Game Boy version with being one of my first true gaming loves - and they've been a little hit and miss. But this one. Damn. It's one of those games where you really don't realise where the time goes.