WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Anyone got PES21 and if so, any tips on how to defend? I've had around 7 games on it so far and don't think I've managed to win a single ball back yet without giving away a freekick. And the oppositions ability to bend it over the wall and into the corner of the net like fuckin Pirlo means I'm getting my arse handed to me routinely.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Fallen Order is definitely more fun on an easier setting where you can live your dream as an all powerful jedi master rather just constantly getting the shit kicked out of you by giant spiders.

Yeah just do it. It features some of the worst map design I've seen since I used to have to load games from a cassette. But it's entertaining fluff. 

6 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Anyone got PES21 and if so, any tips on how to defend? I've had around 7 games on it so far and don't think I've managed to win a single ball back yet without giving away a freekick. And the oppositions ability to bend it over the wall and into the corner of the net like fuckin Pirlo means I'm getting my arse handed to me routinely.

With PES it's all about timing. If you go in to tackle straight away all the time, 9/10 you'll give away a foul. 

Hold down the pressure button to jostle them. Only double tap the tackle button if you're face to face with the player or from the side if the ball is out of their feet. 

It helps to bring in a second player to pressure them too. 

There's some good tips here.

You're right on freekicks though. Thankfully it's just as easy to score from them too. 

Again, timing is quite key. Making the wall jump at the right moment does help. And I stick a guy just on the inside of the post. It has helped to stop some go in. 

Very similar to the defending of FIFA this year. It’s all about anticipation. Incredibly satisfying when it’s working for you but more so infuriating when it’s not. One thing on FIFA this year that has pissed me off is the attackers ability to pull away from the defender when through on goal. There’s no way Robert Lewandowski should be skinning Big Virg and it’s almost impossible to recover.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Further Yakuza nonsense - I had 10 thousand yen on me, and lost the lot trying to win a GonGon from a UFO Catcher. His stupid big head slips out of the grabber every time.

Are you playing Kiwami 1 or 2? The UFO catcher in K2 is a fucking nightmare. It grabs nothing so you have to basically angle the catcher to poke prizes into the holes rather than pick them up.

Just started Chapter 8 in Yakuza 7 and still loving this, I was worried I would hate the new turn based RPG battle system but it really isn’t bad at all, I still hope the next game in the series goes back to the old style but I wouldn’t be absolutely against it if it didn’t either.

Just hope I can get it finished before my PS5 arrives on Thursday.

I can see them using Judgment as the classic Yakuza style game going forward.

Hit a brick wall in Like a Dragon where I'm badly under leveled and can't change jobs so had to go back to a previous save to grind job levels, cost me about 2 hours of progress.

It's a JRPG alright. Both the good and the bad. 

Not as bad as the time a Skyrim glitch cost me about 4 hours of progress though.

FelatioLips Yeah those grabbers with the hole are the fucking worst. Think they first introduced then in Yakuza 5.

Edited by The King Of Swing

3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Are you playing Kiwami 1 or 2? The UFO catcher in K2 is a fucking nightmare. It grabs nothing so you have to basically angle the catcher to poke prizes into the holes rather than pick them up.

I'm on Like A Dragon. Some of the Part-time Hero missions involve winning specific prizes from the UFO machines, which are usually easy enough (in this game, at least) but this one in particular was such a bugger. Managed it in the end after the toy fell over and I was able to lift it up by grabbing it under its sticky out ears...

I'm on chapter 6 now and I've started skipping cutscenes as soon as the conversation gets to the point where I know what they're on about. They just go on way too long. It's a wonderful game and I love it a lot (even with the turn-based combat which is something I usually steer well clear of), but I can't be doing with this much waffle.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I'm on Like A Dragon. Some of the Part-time Hero missions involve winning specific prizes from the UFO machines, which are usually easy enough (in this game, at least) but this one in particular was such a bugger. Managed it in the end after the toy fell over and I was able to lift it up by grabbing it under its sticky out ears...

I'm on chapter 6 now and I've started skipping cutscenes as soon as the conversation gets to the point where I know what they're on about. They just go on way too long. It's a wonderful game and I love it a lot (even with the turn-based combat which is something I usually steer well clear of), but I can't be doing with this much waffle.

Ah! I’m due to start Yakuza 3 soon. I hear 3-5 are a bit on the weaker side but 6 is fantastic.

Yakuza 6 is good but it feel it just lacks a litte something to make it great. It's one of the better games in the series. 

3 was a bit of a slog but there was enough to get me through it. 

2 and 4 are the weakest of the bunch. 

5 is batshit insane (The first few chapters.) and I can see why some people don't like it but I was just so glad it wasn't so Kamarucho focused. There's plenty to do in it. 

I'm waiting until 7 goes down because I'm not that interested in this was as I have been in the others and the change to the combat system has put me off a little. 

0 has the right balance and enough to keep you playing until the end, probably the best of them all. 

So are Yakuza games like smaller scale GTA games then? Are they janky?

Started AC Valhalla last night. Thought I’d do the prologue before I play the rest on my PS5 but it’s like 5 hours long I heard, looks fantastic so far. I have no idea why I fell off Odyssey, I loved it right up until the point I just stopped playing 30+ hours in. Now, like every big game I haven’t finished I’m waiting to play them on the new machine. I’ve opted to play as a big burly man this time, Kassandra was great but my Viking fantasy demands that I play as a hoss.