It was announced yesterday that NJPW will become an official part of Fire Pro World.
Highlights copied from ResetEra (the replacement for NeoGAF) of a Famitsu interview:
- KUSHIDA wants to come up with a new move and show the Fire Pro team in advance so it can appear in the game right after he debuts it (Kota Ibushi did the same thing with his Kamigoye).
- The PS4 version will launch with the New Japan content, story mode, and Fire Promoter mode included for free.
- The team is currently working on adding additional moves for the New Japan wrestlers.
- The director hopes to collaborate with more organizations. He wants Fire Pro to be a gathering place for various pro wrestling groups. He has a feeling that certain overseas organizations would be on board.
- The PS4 version will release just before the start of the G1 Climax.
- There will be a PC patch on January 12 that adds some new moves.
- The patch will also add a mechanic where you can press a button to reposition yourself on the ground.
- The team plans to add more fan requested moves to the game.
(Also, for anyone who missed it some time ago, several NJPW guys are in Yakuza 6, which releases here on PS4 in March.)