WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Same here. I like big open world games, but prefer it if you're guided through the game to discover the different parts of the map over time. Arkham City felt like there was too much open to you from early on. 

Asylum was a lot more linear, which I really liked.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

then it's even bigger in Arkham Knight

That's included but not yet downloaded, so it'll be next in the run after a GoW buffer most likely. 

11 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Love the amount of collectibles hidden about the place

It's a small thing but I really liked the interview tapes, fleshing out the characters for people like me without it drawing out the narrative for people who know them. 

That and the riddler puzzles, which again in city feel a bit too big. 

Edit:

I loved exploring in fallout 4, and some of the DLC is great, but I never finished the main story (I do need to go back to that) but the "base building" can get in the fucking bin. 

Edited by Tommy!

9 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

It's a small thing but I really liked the interview tapes, fleshing out the characters for people like me without it drawing out the narrative for people who know them

That was a big draw for me. I knew fuck all about Batman and the comic lore but really enjoyed the backstory of why they became villains. Obviously Batman is the biggest villain in that world, the right wing wet dream. 

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, RalphyV2 said:

That is what puts me off buying it, the only thing really. I am a huge fan of Fallout 3 and New Vegas 

There's a tiny mandatory* bit of base building to move the story along near the beginning and then it's entirely optional. I think for under a tenner Fallout 4 is a steal. I have at least 1,000 hours in it. 

The concensus for Arkham City is exactly that, it's too big compared to the claustrophobia of Asylum. Both great though. 

*presuming you follow the story which you are funneled to do. My last playthrough earlier this year I deliberately avoided Preston, the malignant cunt. I finished the game and he was still holed up in the museum. 

10 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

That is what puts me off buying it, the only thing really. I am a huge fan of Fallout 3 and New Vegas 

Always enjoyed post-apocalyptic anything really, so i should be ok in the UK in a few years when it ends up very similar 

Soft spoiler I guess, but don't do missions for The Minutemen. You can almost completely skip the building and they're annoying defence quests, plus they're the weakest faction story wise.

You'll meet a far cooler true working class group later on.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Was loving Ragnarok despite the RPG trash, I'm about 12-15 hours in now and good lord that A******* (you'll know when you get to it) section was dreadful. Boring filler that went on FOREVER. The worst few hours I've spent with a game in recent memory. Instant "I'm never replaying this game" moment. Luckily business seems to have picked up again straight after, but I need a break after sitting through that. I have a bad feeling there's going to be another few sections like that.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Can I just check as in only 10 hours in, are you talking about the 

Reveal hidden contents

Atreus section?

Sort of. There's no big spoiler coming up for you here, just giving away a name and the structure of a possibly upcoming level...

Spoiler

The second time you're playing as him, when you're with Angrboda

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

Finished Persona 5 Royal at around 101 hours with 1000/1000 Achievements. Very enjoyable with some good QoL improvements over the base game but a lot of the new added stuff is right at the end when the fatigue has set in and drags it a little bit. Got all the challenges in Tycoon done too because I’m addicted to it and was when it was on the Switch 51 Worldwide Games. Very fun card game.

Hooked on Vampire Survivors now with 100+ of the unlocks done. Very addictive and sometimes intense.

• Paid Members

Steam Autumn Sale just hit and demolished my wallet - picked up both the Judgment games, a fun little puzzler called Taiji, and figured I'd take a punt on that Gotham Knights now it's £40. I just finished Miles Morales and that's got me in the mood for some more generic superhero trash.

• Paid Members

I'm enjoying Pokémon Legends Arceus. I managed to end my 3 day binge of catching every Psyduck I found after I managed to fill 2 boxes with them. The guardian battles can be a bit frustrating, and sometimes it's annoying for your team to be outsped and 1 hit KOed by a wild critter you have a 10 level and type advantage over. The open world areas and catching mechanics are a lot of fun though. 

Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl for £35 on Amazon are tempting, but I remember what a chore Platinum was on my DS, and from what I've heard the diamond/pearl remakes don't have the quality of life upgrades from Platinum, which I think is why I picked it up in the first place. I really need to try and get my 3ds fixed and try to get through the rest of black, & Silver. I've heard scarlet & violet are good, but a little janky. 

Also Kingdoms Of Amalur Re-Reckoning is £15 on Amazon at the moment. That one's a lot of fun.