WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

8 hours ago, Jesse said:

picked up both the Judgment games

Good choice. If anyone's intimidated by the sheer number of Yakuza games, this much shorter series is completely separate character- and story-wise, while sharing the same setting and gameplay that might have caught your eye in the former. With a bit of added detective gimmickry, as you're an ass-kicking lawyer/sleuth instead of a conflicted hoodlum.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Good choice. If anyone's intimidated by the sheer number of Yakuza games, this much shorter series is completely separate character- and story-wise, while sharing the same setting and gameplay that might have caught your eye in the former. With a bit of added detective gimmickry, as you're an ass-kicking lawyer/sleuth instead of a conflicted hoodlum.

Judgement is fantastic but Lost Judgement is one of the weaker games in the Yakuza series. If you’re only playing the two of them and none of the Yakuza then you’ll enjoy both but if you have the full series to compare to, Lost Judgement leaves a lot to be desired.

I recently finished Lost Judgment and while it's not as strong as the first, I felt the gulf between them had been overstated. People tend to get a little extreme in their condemnation if something doesn't quite live up to their expectations. It's still a perfectly good game and worth playing if you enjoyed Judgment.

• Paid Members

I detested it and gave up after a few hours. Not only do you have to be constantly changing your bullets for different enemies, you have to change your bullets back for the jabroni ones, because they're immune to armour-piercing rounds, and their weakness is shit bullets, ffs.

Another in the continuing trend of games that would rather climb a tree and make you spend days in menus than stand on the ground and let you stay immersed and actually let you play through it.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

Far Cry disappeared up its own arse after 3 / Blood Dragon (with the exception of Primal, which is way better than everyone says). That one with the cult wasn't too bad until loads of enemies start popping up all over the place and forcing you into fights when all you want to do is chill out and explore the map. Infuriating. Anything over a tenner for 4, 5 or 6 is too much.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

jesusfuckingchrist.gif

I don't expect much from Pokémon but this is such an ugly mess, I'd rather have them go back to 2D.

It'll end up getting patched. This is the problem with them having to have a game out every year, especially when they can't go the FIFA route of just having updated squads while somebody in the background works on a new feature. Presumably we either get a Let's Go style Gold/Silver remake next year, or a black/white remake that somehow combines both editions into one, or features the sequel content as DLC. 

• Paid Members

Picked up Cyberpunk 2077 a while ago for quite cheap. I'm certainly glad I didn't pay more than I did, what a dud. Not noticed that many bugs, but everything about the story, characters and world is cat shit. I absolutely hate the main character and every attempt at funny dialogue. Looks nice, I suppose. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Picked up Cyberpunk 2077 a while ago for quite cheap. I'm certainly glad I didn't pay more than I did, what a dud. Not noticed that many bugs, but everything about the story, characters and world is cat shit. I absolutely hate the main character and every attempt at funny dialogue. Looks nice, I suppose. 

Yeah, got it on reduction and still paid too much. I couldn't get over how bad driving was. It was how I imagine driving while totally plastered feels like.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

It's definitely got that cyberpunk genre but what if written by an Elon Musk fan vibe, it's no Deus Ex.

Yes, this is bob on. There's no sense of the writers having a real sense of humour. Deus Ex is daft, but even the later ones never grated on me like this does.