WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

To be fair, I can't think of a single console I bought new, or asked for, primarily to play an unfamiliar IP. It's always been sequels/franchises that have dictated which platform I invest in.

I went from MegaDrive/SNES to PS1 based on nothing and picked my first three games (Spyro, Tomb Raider III and Three Lions) by picking off a list at random.

I asked for a Gamecube solely because I read how good Mario Kart Double Dash was in my mate’s copy of Gamesmaster. I had a SNES but didn’t even know Super Mario Kart existed, and never had an N64.

I borrowed my mate’s 360 and played Splinter  Cell and enjoyed it. Got a 360 with Blue Dragon for myself.

I think it’s harder to go in blind now than it was then, mind. I would say everything post 360 was in at least the hopes of continuing franchises I’d played previously.

I'm pretty sure emulation of MGS4 has gotten really, really good recently if that's a road you want to go down. I hope I'm wrong but I have a funny feeling they'll just never bother giving it a proper re-release. 

You can get 2 and 3 on Xbox in the HD collection and they both look fantastic still and for me don't really need any touch ups whatsoever. 

In an ideal world the original would be like Doom. Playable on every device in your gaf.

Mindblowing to think that the only mainline MGS you can play on your PS4/5 is the crappy half finished Ubisoft one with Kiefer Sutherland. 

On 12/2/2022 at 8:38 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

Mindblowing to think that the only mainline MGS you can play on your PS4/5 is the crappy half finished Ubisoft one with Kiefer Sutherland. 

Abducting people via balloon and forcing them to join your weird military cult never gets old.

Wish Kojima would actually make a movie just to see it inevitably crash and burn.

Edit. 

Also MGS4 can get in the bin and Snake Eater is the pinnacle of the franchise. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

Just finished The Callisto Protocol. Only took 9 and a bit hours. It's almost good, but the level design is really uninspired (it looks like every other space-based game you've ever played, and relies far too heavily on forcing you through vents, up and down ladders, and squeezing theough tight spaces) and the quirky dodge mechanic (which is tied to your movement on the left stick) can't cope with more than one enemy at a time, making combat way more awkward than it otherwise might have been. Navigation's a bit of a nightmare too, with checkpoints often locking you out of fully exploring an area. It looks and sounds great, but that's pretty much the only highlight. The story's not up to much either - if you've ever seen a sci-fi film (really, any of them) then you can pretty much guess where it's going within the first few minutes. A very disappointing 5 out of 10.

I played it on the Series X. There was a tiny bit of stuttering once or twice, but only while walking around, so it didn't really affect anything. 

It's a strange game, really. It was enjoyable enough to bother making it to the end, so it's not like it was complete rubbish, but it just falls short in too many areas to make it worth recommending to anyone else. 

2 hours ago, RalphyV2 said:

I am a bit confused by it, really not sure what i am doing, but oh well 

Each in game month is a season, Spring, Summer etc. Each season has veg and plants that grow in just that season. Some do grow in a couple though. So probably not worth planting anything if your a few weeks in as they won't be ready. When it is the next season, goto the shop in town, buy some seeds and plant them, then water them. Water them every morning, then when they have grown put them in the basket next to your house or take them to the shop to sell them. Buy loads more seeds, grow them, make more money. Then buy new farm buildings and get chickens and cows. Sell the eggs and milk, buy more stuff.

I'd recommend having a wander round the whole map and chat to everyone as much as possible. Try fishing too, it is an easy way to make some money early on. Check your TV everyday for the next days weather. You don't need to water anything if it is raining, so you can plan to do other stuff. Try and get the upgrade for your backpack asap, so you can carry more stuff.

I'm tempted to pick up Crisis Core: Reunion next week. It's pricey, but they do seem to have done an impressive job brushing it up to look a part of Remake. Then again it is still a PSP game. I've never played it before and I'm a proper FF7 mark so I'm going to need to get around to it eventually.