WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

For a 9yo?

Oh sorry I got the implication you wanted recommendations for you because you thought it was shite!

To be honest and please don’t take this as a dig because it’s not, there isn’t many VR games geared towards 9 year olds because you’re supposed to be 12 or 13 to use it.

Beat Saber is fun but the songs aren’t as openly known or accessible as say Rock Band/Guitar Hero.

If they like Platformers then Moss 1 and 2 are decent but there’s some tough bits you might need to help them on.

Superhot VR is a great shooter that to my memory has no gore in it and all the enemies are made of glass so it’s fairly child friendly.

If you don’t mind them playing online Rec Room is free and fairly fun. Kind of Roblox-y in that it’s custom made rooms and games and there is a setting to match with kids only I believe but that comes with it’s obvious dangers.

You can get some Five Nights at Freddies VR stuff too if they’re into that.

Sadly most of the best VR games are shooters and horror games so he might struggle after the initial buzz has wore off.

34 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I played Mortal Kombat at like 9.. I turned out ok-ish.

Hmmmmm you sure about that pal? :) I'm not massively arsed with them consuming cartoonish violence, but their Mum feels slightly different.

6 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Oh sorry I got the implication you wanted recommendations for you because you thought it was shite!

To be honest and please don’t take this as a dig because it’s not, there isn’t many VR games geared towards 9 year olds because you’re supposed to be 12 or 13 to use it.

Beat Saber is fun but the songs aren’t as openly known or accessible as say Rock Band/Guitar Hero.

If they like Platformers then Moss 1 and 2 are decent but there’s some tough bits you might need to help them on.

Superhot VR is a great shooter that to my memory has no gore in it and all the enemies are made of glass so it’s fairly child friendly.

If you don’t mind them playing online Rec Room is free and fairly fun. Kind of Roblox-y in that it’s custom made rooms and games and there is a setting to match with kids only I believe but that comes with it’s obvious dangers.

You can get some Five Nights at Freddies VR stuff too if they’re into that.

Sadly most of the best VR games are shooters and horror games so he might struggle after the initial buzz has wore off.

Cheers. I think it came with Beat Saber. 

Will pass on those recs, but not that bloody Freddie shite. They watch enough of that on YouTube 

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

An update for TMNT Shredder's Revenge has released, and it sounds pretty cool. 

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23523292/tmnt-shredders-revenge-arcade-mode-update-konami-ninja-turtles

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Just checked the latest release date for advance wars rebooted and its down as 31/12/2023 :(

Anything similar out there already for switch? 

It’s delayed indefinitely due to the Ukraine/Russia conflict.

Wargroove is great and definitely worth a look.

• Awards Moderator
15 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Totally agree except in the past few weeks a few more well known songs and packs have been added. Had a good Freebird session yesterday, and Blinded By The Lights might be the perfect Beat Saber track. 

50 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Had a good Freebird session yesterday, 

Does this mean-

a) Had sloppy seconds after Frankie?

b) Went on the piss with the younger around Barrow Island after a hefty triple digit win down the bookies?

c)Both of the above because b) always inevitably leads to a)?

13 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Just checked the latest release date for advance wars rebooted and its down as 31/12/2023 :(

Anything similar out there already for switch? 

It's a little more story-driven, but I love Triangle Strategy. 

The Mario & Rabbids games are also surprisingly strong turn-based strategy games, Tactics Ogre Reborn is excellent and Into the Breach is very addictive, though very challenging. 

I'm sure you've considered this, but Fire Emblem is probably the most perfect substitution. 

As far as the release date goes, I wouldn't worry too much about it - it's a placeholder, that could be adjusted at any time, if Nintendo feels as if releasing Rebooted is now appropriate.