WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Wonder how they’ll deal with the more problematic aspects of the game. I genuinely can’t remember anything specific but there must be a ton of stuff in their that looks a bit run through a modern lens.

Hoping they finally tack a Red Dead remaster on to the RDR2 new gen version and a Chinatown Wars remaster on the Switch would be nice as more than one person has told me that’s their favourite GTA.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Updated graphics and modern console convenience for nicking the El Diablo's cars with the flame decals on them and crashing around Portland docks with Rise FM playing in the background? Fuck yes. I'm all over that. 

Fuck yes! Or MSX. "101.1 MSX FM in your manor, right across the border! Shout out to the Dan, out to the Terry. Your time rude boys"

5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Hoping they finally tack a Red Dead remaster on to the RDR2 new gen version and a Chinatown Wars remaster on the Switch would be nice as more than one person has told me that’s their favourite GTA.

Chinatown Wars was great, especially the pushing side game which was essentially a copy of early 2000s mobile game Dope Wars.

Done a bit of the Back 4 Blood open beta there. Good, solid fun. It's exactly what you'd expect, a souped up 4K Left4Dead with more characters and longer scenarios. The guns feel great in it. It's a shame I don't really play online with my close friends as I can imagine it being huge fun. Solo or with strangers it'll have that sort of 7/10 ceiling for me. But hey it's going on Gamepass so I'm in. 

• Paid Members

Played the FIFA22 beta this weekend. Most of the games play the same but theyve added new animations so that players are always moving with the ball when you pass to them, so it feels a bit more natural. Really enjoyed the movement of players into the box. Some of the graphics on a Series X are lovely, but Kane's face can't be done justice by any computer.

Further, the game is massively glitched at this beta stage as my son beat me twice...

• Paid Members

I tried the demo this morning @scratchdj. It felt like a lighter Heavy Rain, lots of dialogue and QTEs to drive a story with some mini games in there.

I was impressed and am tempted to buy a copy. By most things I've read the story requires a few trips through and pieces together, giving events on old runs context. 

I've also learnt they are releasing advance wars 1 & 2 in December, which I can't wait for. 

• Paid Members

Anyone had a go with Axiom Verge 2 yet? I loved the first one, but the reviews are giving me pause to wait out for an update or a price drop. A lot of 7/10's going around.

Until then, I started Blasphemous earlier this month. It's fun and the aesthetics are great, but I can never get along with the Dark Souls combat. I'm way too impatient for that whole block-parry-counter attack-block-parry-dodge-parry-counter attack bollocks, I just want to hack'n'slash my way through. I've died way too many times by either falling to my death after being twatted or trying to barge my through some meathead swinging a church spire.

Edited by Accident Prone

I got to the second act of Cyberpunk and it’s finally started to click with me. There’s been no issues with the game but it is ugly as sin sometimes. I really liked the action set pieces and if the game lets me just blast my way through most scenarios I’ll probably stick with it now I got Johnny Utah as my companion and the story is taking shape. Nowhere near as good or bad as the hype on either side of release (admittedly it’s 9 months afterwards so may be running much better) just a good game with some tidy features.