WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator

Yes I watched someone play through 12 Minutes last week. Very bizarre and always fun to hear Willem Defoe pop up in games (which he does in Beyond Two Souls too).

I read ahead to the end and yeah, that's some conclusion.

• Paid Members

I see Prototype and Prototype 2 are reduced on XBox this week, and both can be picked up for about a tenner. Are they worth a look for that money? 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

They're both great, but a tenner seems a bit steep when you can get them for about £2 each second hand.

The first one is £3 and the other is £6 at the moment. I meant a tenner altogether, not each. It was the vagueness with which I explained in the original post. 

• Paid Members

Gave Tormented Souls a try as it's only £16 digitally. A new old-style Resi/Silent Hill clone, I liked it. Limited health and saves buttfucked me a couple of times, but that's the genre! Some cool puzzles and some were, let's be real, lolno instant googles. Great atmosphere throughout. Optional tank controls for the true purist. I think you'll know before even trying it if you'll like it or not. Recommend for 90s nostalgia bros.

This definitely went better than the last "love letter to the genre" I played, Daymare: 1998. I think I had my head in my hands before I got past the first cutscene. My biggest lockdown shame.

بررسی بازی Daymare : 1998 - بازی سنتر

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Where are you getting those prices? CEX has got the first one for £2 and the second one's £2.50.

In the XBox sale for the HD XBox One remasters. 

• Paid Members

After getting hooked on the Baseball minigame in Yakuza 6 I decided to give MLB The Show a go on Gamepass.

I chose the Seattle Mariners as my team and after learning the basics of the game started the Road to The Show mode which is pretty fun. Found I enjoyed Pitching more than Batting so taking that up. Got 7 out in a game as Pitcher which I was pretty happy with. Commentary is the best I’ve heard in a sports game of any type, and they have my full name in the sound bank!

Playing on last gen though I will say the graphics are pretty bad.

I then thought you know, I might actually like Baseball here, let’s go watch some Mariners in the MLB. Turns out they’re a pretty bad team that haven’t done anything of note since 2001. Not only that but the MLB season ends in October and the Mariners haven’t made the Post-Season so that’s them until April. Should have just glory supported and picked the Yankees or something.