WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

So Switch online is getting upgraded with N64 and Mega Drive games. Obviously they want more money for such a massive upgrade, not sure how much but I won’t be bothering as OOT and Majoras Mask are the proper 64 versions and not the DS remasters.

I love Deathloop. Really need to take the time to proper digest the mechanics and start thinking about builds but it’s still a super fun simple game at its core. Perfectly digestible in small bursts too, which is how I’ve been playing it.

20 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Any indication as to how much more it'll be? I couldn't see anything anywhere. The Mega Drive games look proper shit (Sonic 2 aside, but I'm sure I have it anyway) but the N64 games look good. 

No but if you’re a sicko who longs for the return of shit controllers you have to be a member to buy the N64 Bluetooth controller for £50, same with their Mega Drive one.

10 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

No! It's brilliant! If they added the ability to stamp or elbow, then I know you'd change your mind. 

How are you meant to hoof it up front to the big man? If some behnchod was doing those flippy moves on a proper game he’d get a two footed reducer quick smart. 

Fuck Lost Judgment. I'm finishing the main story and binning it off. 

Spoiler

The robot mini game has fucking broken me and school stories progress seems to be locked behind progressing in the robotics club. 

I'm not dealing with that shit. 

Edit. 

Calmed down and finally progressed. Still a shit mini game though. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

Finished Deathloop last night. WHAT A GAME. Really loved it from start to finish. Once all the different threads start to weave together you get a real sense of how smart and intricate the design of the story is. There's a hell of a lot of replay value too as many of the more crucial missions have several different ways to complete them. There's also a lot of different load outs to fuck around with.

I've started Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut now. I already finished this on PS4 and it's probably my favourite game of that whole generation so I had no problem double dipping on this one. I feel sorry for my girlfriend right now as she's often sitting working from her laptop and putting up with me going "look how beautiful this game is!" and demanding she joins me in marvelling at the graphics. 

Starting to get very, very hyped for Metroid Dread now. Wish they had dropped Fusion and Zero Mission onto the e-shop in advance of this though.

1 hour ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Finished Deathloop last night. WHAT A GAME. Really loved it from start to finish. Once all the different threads start to weave together you get a real sense of how smart and intricate the design of the story is. There's a hell of a lot of replay value too as many of the more crucial missions have several different ways to complete them. There's also a lot of different load outs to fuck around with.

It’s really fucking good. I’ve only collected two slabs so far but it’s the sort of game I love to bang my head against a brick wall to instead of searching out the easier solution. I spent a good hour trying to get to Frank at his place in the morning, basically brute forced it with the turrets doing all my dirty work and finally getting to him, killing him and realising 

Spoiler

NO FUCKING SLABS IN FRANK’s PLACE!

Had a great time doing it though.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

It’s really fucking good. I’ve only collected two slabs so far but it’s the sort of game I love to bang my head against a brick wall to instead of searching out the easier solution. I spent a good hour trying to get to Frank at his place in the morning, basically brute forced it with the turrets doing all my dirty work and finally getting to him, killing him and realising 

Reveal hidden contents

NO FUCKING SLABS IN FRANK’s PLACE!

Had a great time doing it though.

From what I could gather, a lot of the missions where you need to kill a target have brute force or more interesting / stealth options.

Spoiler

For example, there's a mission where you need to infiltrate a party and kill a target. Everyone at the party is wearing a fox mask so you cant identify the person. You can sneak in and find a synthesiser on the balcony playing music. If you listen to the people on the dancefloors conversation, they mention your target writing new music "on the shitter" every morning.

You can then go to his private bathroom and there's notes and a synth machine in there too.

You can then go play the music he wrote through the dancefloor synthesiser and your target will big himself up and start doing a solo dance routine allowing you to just take him out.

Despite that being very convoluted, its not even the only way. There's another way involving going into the basement and tampering with the beer supply.