WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Forza Motorsports quickly degenerates into me hotlapping either Le Mans or the Top Gear Test Track because after a certain level the drivatars just barge you off the circuit every opportunity they get. 

Edit: The Outer Worlds is £17 on sale on Switch right now. I hear it had a rough debut, but has been patched to buggery and is entirely playable now. I had a lot of fun playing it on XBox. I should grab the DLC and have another playthrough, maybe. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bet none of you uncultured motherfuckers listen to Timeless FM on Forza. I’ve done the pre install thing for 5, love the horizon games, prefer them to regular Forza. 

Yeah it's miles better than the normal Forza games, so much to do. The Lego add-on for 4 is superb as well- a whole new map to explore and lots of charm. 

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

So GamesMaster is coming back and they've got Rab from the old BBC Scotland videogame show VideoGaiden to host, He was also one of the main guys behind Burnistoun.

I'm pretty optimistic now, I don't expect it being a shit rehash.

I like Rab, he is a funny fucker and really knows his games. On Consolevania and Video Gaiden he pushed alot of fantastic and obscure games. I'm still not sure about this GamesMaster reboot or who it will be aimed at though. Kids nowadays watch games on YouTube and Twitch. So do alot of us middle age fans of the original. There is thousands of hours content uploaded every day. In Gamesmasters heyday there was barely any games content so it was rare to see new stuff and it was a fun show too. 

I'll give it a go though.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:29 PM, Cousin Jim Bob said:

We are about to head into Christmas big game silly season. What games are everyone looking forward to and playing? 

I'm not a social gamer but I like the mood of the old Left 4 Dead games so I'll do Back 4 Blood just the once with bots next week. 

I'll definitely check out the new eFootball this weekend. Footy games are at an absolute nadir and it sucks, but the base game is free and I'll never buy FIFA so I'll give it a whirl. A lot of talk out there about it being the death of PES, but they needed to try something to compete with EA - and this is something - so we'll see how it goes. I'll pay for a Master League add on if the gameplay is good. 

Far Cry 6 looks decent, but I'm more than happy to wait for it to go half price during some sale within a few months. 

I love the Halo campaigns so I'm definitely looking forward to Infinite. My expectations aren't huge. An old school 1-3 style campaign with big set pieces and a convoluted aliens + religion story but in the new open world map will suit me fine. 

Beyond that I'm still largely playing catch up. Just picked up the Mafia trilogy in a sale so that'll keep me busy for awhile. Going to try Mass Effect after that. If all else fails I'll fall back on Fallout 76 and ESO.  

Has anyone tried Toem: A Photo Adventure on Switch? I can't recommend it enough, particularly if you enjoyed games like A Short Hike. It's only 3 or 4 hours long which, frankly, is the perfect length for me these days. You're a photographer, and you go around helping people and taking photos to earn stamps, allowing you to travel to the next town for free. 

And it looks stunning, too: 

• Paid Members

Free eFootball sounds like you're getting whatever Konami's Ultimate Team equivalent is and they'll sell you all the other modes of you want to tinker around with the master league stuff. 

• Paid Members

I'm downloading eFootball ready for when I finish work, but I don't have high hopes. Online is easily my least favourite part of football games so the fact this won't even have an offline mode until likely next year is disappointing. They're not releasing any real game modes until November - at the moment all you can do is play online friendlies pretty much.

I've owned every Pro Evo since the original so I was always going to give this a go. Hopefully over time it'll turn into a fully-fledged proper PES game.

They've admitted already that the actual base football game isn't finished yet. There are actual kicks that are yet to be added. I wasn't a fan of what Capcom did in terms of releasing Street Fighter 5 as barebones and then adding modes in later, but at least you didn't have to wait 2 months to throw a fucking Dragon Punch!

I only play Master League anyway but I'll be even more pissed if I wait for that and then it's basically exactly the same.

More importantly, Beglin's not still doing commentary, is he?

The mad thing about eFootball, shit name aside, is that they already had an extremely playable game all they had to do was spruce it up and add the features they wanted for their free to play model. Instead it seems like they’ve tore the whole thing down and tried to recreate it with half the budget.