WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

On 10/10/2021 at 12:19 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of DANA. 

Hitting my seemingly never ending back catalog of games and stupid sounding name aside Ys VIII is a fun little action JRPG so far. 

Nothing mind blowing but pretty solid all rounder. Combat though not particularly deep is fast paced and easy to pick up, characters so far are the usual archetypes but varied enough to not be irritating and the story is just about interesting enough to keep me invested.

I believe it's one of these cross platform PS4/Vita games so graphically it's nothing special but decent enough. 

Worth a punt if it's on sale imo and AJRS's like Star Ocean for example are your thing.

Solid high 7/10 so far. Might go up or down depending on how it plays out. 

Reminds me that I also have Ys Origin sitting in my library. 

Ys Memories of Celceta is excellent, I played the living shit out of that on Vita. Strangely enough, I just couldn't get into VIII. I played it on Switch, and I gave up on it pretty quickly. 

On 10/9/2021 at 9:57 PM, CleetusVanDamme said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/boss_deals/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

There's some decent gaming deals to be had here until the 12th if you use the FALL20 code for 20% off. I managed to preorder Guardians of the Galaxy and get Metroid Dread for £73.

Was going to post this, I get all my games from the user Boss_Deals

Always cheap on pre orders and generally get them before release date. 

• Paid Members

If it wasn’t for the Animal Crossing DLC I wouldn’t bother but to be honest the Nintendo Online has been underpriced since release anyway. The amount of Mario Kart/Animal Crossing/51 Worldwide Games/Tetris 99 I played online over lockdown was shocking.

£34.99 for access to the online, NES/SNES/MD/N64 library, plus the free games like Tetris/Pacman/Bomberman 99 and  the Animal Crossing DLC is more than fair price. Still nearly half what the PS and XBOX cost.

22 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

If it wasn’t for the Animal Crossing DLC I wouldn’t bother but to be honest the Nintendo Online has been underpriced since release anyway. The amount of Mario Kart/Animal Crossing/51 Worldwide Games/Tetris 99 I played online over lockdown was shocking.

£34.99 for access to the online, NES/SNES/MD/N64 library, plus the free games like Tetris/Pacman/Bomberman 99 and  the Animal Crossing DLC is more than fair price. Still nearly half what the PS and XBOX cost.

Yeah I've always been really happy with the £18 I pay, while extra amount is probably too much, the overall price is probably fair. 

21 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Only if you’re a chump who pays full price for those services which you almost always have to do with Nintendo. I got GP Ultimate at about £40 a year and PS Plus at £35 and it’s way better value than the Nintendo service. Don’t get me wrong I got the Nintendo Family sub for £35 too but that’s basically so the kids can all play Among Us and I get some hours in on Tetris 99 every few months. It’s still bottom tier for my needs and wants though and £60 a year might be a bit too much for me.

• Paid Members

That Animal Crossing update looks interesting. Enough to tempt me back in anyway. I'm contemplating starting again from scratch so I can take longer playing through it an hour or so a day, unlike during lockdown when I'd plough hours upon hours into it and pay off a full mortgage in a single day. 

What do people reckon to the GTA Trilogy Remastered? Comes out November 11th. Given the graphical limitations of the time, they look to have done a good job. Think I'll get it.

Updated Player Experience making it easier than ever to play these classic games, including: A GTAV-style controller layout Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in GTA: San Andreas

Updated Weapon and Radio Station selection wheels

Updated Mini-Maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to set waypoints to destinations

The ability to immediately restart a failed mission

Plus new Rockstar Games Social Club Accomplishments for members 

Enhanced Visuals, with improved graphics and fidelity across all three games, including: Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail

A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more Improved water and weather effects

Enhanced detail in trees and foliage Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition  

Plus Platform-Specific Features, including: 4K—resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems NVIDIA DLSS support for PC Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch.

A standalone version of San Andreas is coming to Xbox GamePass on Day 1, with PS Now getting GTA3 on December 7th.

Edited by 69MeDon