WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

17 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm proper missing out on Deathloop, I fucking love Arkane and how they craft levels like no other. Imagine if they got their hands on Deus Ex or Thief!?

I’ll definitely be booting up the Xbox to check out their back catalogue. It also has the title of being the first first person game that doesn’t at all make me dizzy and want to vomit after more than an hour.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ll definitely be booting up the Xbox to check out their back catalogue. It also has the title of being the first first person game that doesn’t at all make me dizzy and want to vomit after more than an hour.

I think they recently got an FPS boost if you are on Series S or X so they will be buttery smooth. 

41 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Dishonored is good, but I'm dreadful at stealth games so it's not for me. 

Stealth can be either the most frustrating thing in a game ever or the most satisfying thing in a game ever. I found it so bad in The Last of Us and almost skipped the game until I eventually got used to it then by The Last of Us 2 they’d really perfected it and you feel like John fucking Rambo. The main problem with stealth in most games though is that it’s less rewarding and far less fun than going in all guns blazing and often the end result of stealthily running through an enemy encampment is a big all guns blazing show down anyway.

• Paid Members

I just don't have the patience to be honest. I totally understand that there's a certain pace and way to play stealthy and I'm just not patient enough, or I don't pay enough attention and end up missing the one opportunity to do what I need to do and then piss everything away. Went against me in Horizon Zero Dawn. Great game, but I just don't have the patience or dexterity to be able to do half of the stuff in it. 

I feel like the stealth is HZD was well placed because it brought morality of killing these living machines in to question and the fact that it was so hard to take a pack of machines down was annoying but fit well. Similarly killing a dog to keep your cover in TLOU2 was horrific and hearing “Oh my god some bastard killed Rocco” 5 minutes later really throws weight behind it. Pricks should have gave you the option to go postie style and butter the doggos up with pound shop treats.

We are about to head into Christmas big game silly season. What games are everyone looking forward to and playing? 

I've got Far Cry 6 and Battlefield 2042 pre ordered. Far Cry series has been up and down for me. Loved 2, 3, Primal and Blood Dragon. Was meh towards 4 and 5 and couldn't be bothered finishing either. Hopefully its a good one. Battlefield I'm hoping some of my old crew I used to play online with get it as well. I don't like Battle Royale games so just Conquest and Breakthrough modes fine with me.

I'll be giving Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite and Back 4 Blood a shot as they are on Game Pass. There is a few others like Guardians of the Galaxy, Dying Light 2 and Riders Republic which could be cool but I'm waiting for reviews.

• Paid Members

Sorry for more Hollow Knight, but I got this after three hours of trying for it. If you've done it as well then you rock.

/adrenaline dump incoming

popEND.png

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

I'll be giving Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite and Back 4 Blood a shot as they are on Game Pass. There is a few others like Guardians of the Galaxy, Dying Light 2 and Riders Republic which could be cool but I'm waiting for reviews.

Forza Horizon 5 for me, only got Xbox for the first time and love 4.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Forza Horizon 5 for me, only got Xbox for the first time and love 4.

3 is my favourite one. 4 was alright, but it always felt a bit too "live service" for me, while the third one didn't, and the "story" for want of a better term was more engaging as well. It's your festival and you have to expand it by impressing people. My way of impressing people tended to be winning street races in a hot pink 1980s Ford Fiesta, but it seemed to work. 

Hopefully 5 is closer to 3 than it is to 4. I'll still be there, in my hot pink 1980s Ford Fiesta.