WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

2 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Three Lions on the PS1 for me. Me and my Brother would take turns being David Seaman and running right into a slide tackle and he’d do a huge flip bump.

That's the one with the weird shooting mechanic, right? I remember you could abuse it just by aiming at a bottom corner and nearly always scoring.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That's the one with the weird shooting mechanic, right? I remember you could abuse it just by aiming at a bottom corner and nearly always scoring.

It changes to a first person view with a crosshair if I remember rightly and yeah you could just smash it low.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

I don't think I've had as much fun from a football game than I have with This Is Football on the PS2. Superb game with a decent diving mechanic.

I think most regular posters know what I think of football but I loved this game.. Played it loads.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

World Cup Italia 90 or whatever unlicensed name they give it nowadays is always my go to for a kickaround. Or Ultimate 11: SNK Football Championship. 

4 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

A lot of talk out there about it being the death of PES, but they needed to try something to compete with EA - and this is something - so we'll see how it goes.

It went awfully. You boys weren't lying.

The pitch looks like it was done on MSPaint. Some serious post postmortems coming on this one. They had an extended development cycle, moved to - in Unreal Engine - a fairly comprehensive, ease of use set of building tools and this is what's emerged?

Edited by Gay as FOOK

They needed to freshen up the presentation and maybe look at ways they could add depth to the game modes. 

The absolute last thing they needed was to rebuild that game engine from scratch. Everything that would frustrate long time PES players, they've kept. The stuff that people loved, they've chucked down the toilet.