WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I really want to play the Rocksteady Batman games but can’t find a digital code anywhere other than the PlayStation store. I’ve already got Arkham Knight so don’t fancy paying £50 for the first two remastered. Do you have to have played the first two to play Knight or is it a standalone story? Otherwise I’ll just pick it up in the next sale.

You won't be missing much story-wise going into Knight without playing Asylum. City's pretty essential though, can't say why (but you'll see).

I don't want to suggest playing so many similar games at the same time, but make time for Origins at some point. It works pretty standalone to the rest and has the best story and boss battles in the series. The Mr. Freeze DLC is great, too.

• Paid Members

Funny this has come up, because I'm currently close to finishing Arkham Knight having played through the first two games beforehand. Doing all three back-to-back has lead to me feeling a bit bored by Knight as it drags on. I'd say it's is probably the worst of the three, whilst Asylum, despite being so much shorter and far more linear, is probably the most fun.

I picked up all three as a compilation for £16 in a sale on the Xbox store a few months ago.

I've definitely suffered from that repetitive thing after completing Miles Morales and then going back to play the first Spidey straight after. I stopped for a few months and now I've gone back and enjoying it a lot more now. I actually thought about playing the Batman ones again too but they're quite similar. I loved them all at the time though.

• Paid Members

It's inspired casting. I'll bet he does a great job. 

Picked up Fallout 4 GOTY edition for £8 something in the XBox sale. I got a out 3 hours in before I remember exactly why I'm not very good at these kinds of games. I made it through Outer Worlds, but it was a smaller, more linear experience than a Fallout game can be. I'm going to keep trying. I'm working on perception and agility to try and make the most of VATS because I'm not a very good shot otherwise. 

Picking up Guardians of the Galaxy later today, from the reviews it’s around an 18 hour single player story with no micro transactions or multiplayer which is right up my antisocial alley. Really wanted to get on with the Avengers game but it’s such a slog, this will be a welcome change.

PlayStation Now: 12 Month Membership (New or Relapsed Subscriptions) - £24.99 / £22.85 with PSN Credit @ Playstation Store

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-now-12-month-membership-new-or-relapsed-subscriptions-ps2499-ps2285-with-psn-credit-at-playstation-store-3811820

Picked this up yesterday. PS Now is a bit pants to be honest but I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth for that price over the next year. Just need to remember to cancel it as I'm not paying full price unless they up their game.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's inspired casting. I'll bet he does a great job. 

Picked up Fallout 4 GOTY edition for £8 something in the XBox sale. I got a out 3 hours in before I remember exactly why I'm not very good at these kinds of games. I made it through Outer Worlds, but it was a smaller, more linear experience than a Fallout game can be. I'm going to keep trying. I'm working on perception and agility to try and make the most of VATS because I'm not a very good shot otherwise. 

My memory of it is hazy, but get your Sanctuary Hills settlement going and slave drive a few of the townsfolk onto scavenging stations so you can just scrap and sell your way to success! I'm not sure why people shat on the settlement building in Fallout 4. It was clunky and limited, but for me that game was just a shanty town sim with a daft main quest attached. 

If you're on Xbox make sure you get the mod that removes settlement building limits. 

Speaking of Xbox, we finally got a proper look at the Halo Infinite campaign and it looks...it looks like it's going to be a really great time:

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Oh really? What's up with them? That's not good at all. I thought it'd be pretty straight forward.

Some serious sound issues, low framerates and stuttering and with a couple of games they've really messed up the controls. I'm sure there will be updates but right now it's not great.

23 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Some serious sound issues, low framerates and stuttering and with a couple of games they've really messed up the controls. I'm sure there will be updates but right now it's not great.

Ugh that sucks. I was going to wait until they had a few more games anyway but definitely will now.