WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Has anyone tried the Switch version of GTA Trilogy? What's the performance like?

I've seen some footage of it running on Switch and it looks fine, not as good as the other consoles, but fine. I've asked for it for Christmas because I almost got the whole way through San Andreas apart from keep burning to death in those riots at the end because I didn't take the time to do the fire truck missions, and remember making it to the end of GTA3 in Uni, but never quite managing to get the final mission done. I pissed away far too much time driving around listening to the radio in Vice City. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've seen some footage of it running on Switch and it looks fine, not as good as the other consoles, but fine. I've asked for it for Christmas because I almost got the whole way through San Andreas apart from keep burning to death in those riots at the end because I didn't take the time to do the fire truck missions, and remember making it to the end of GTA3 in Uni, but never quite managing to get the final mission done. I pissed away far too much time driving around listening to the radio in Vice City. 

Not sure where you've been watching footage, Jazzy, or whether the bar for the Switch is already low but IGN reckon the Switch version is terrible and the worst of all so far. "Yikes" was the exact quote.

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-trilogy-rough-launch-graphics-remaster-offline

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Not sure where you've been watching footage, Jazzy, or whether the bar for the Switch is already low but IGN reckon the Switch version is terrible and the worst of all so far. "Yikes" was the exact quote.

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-trilogy-rough-launch-graphics-remaster-offline

I recline corrected. I was doing several things at once, so it may have passed me by. Hopefully they can fix it like they managed to with the Outer Worlds

Yeah, I'm really glad I didn't pay 60 quid to buy the GTA Trilogy. Just playing SA on Gamepass and it's fine in the sense that I will probably keep playing it but I'd be super pissed off if I paid full whack for this. Especially considering the last game I paid for was Cyberpunk...

I honestly don't know why I'm even surprised that this looks like Rockstar had a meeting and said "what is the absolute minimum amount of time and effort we can put into this and still justify charging £60 for it" given the way they've absolutley rinsed GTAV and Online.

Edited by 69MeDon

It’s unsurprising but still a shame they haven’t treated it with a bit more love and care though, even Call of Duty remasters get more than the bare minimum. Like I said, the lighting upgrades and control upgrades make it playable for me but I’m on Gamepass and I’ll probably wait for the doubtless swift reduction before I get the full trilogy.

The rain effect really is atrocious. I'm currently stuck on three missions on GTAIII - one because I need to drive a police car into a garage to rig it with bombs but the garage door won't open, another because I can't actually see what I'm supposed to be doing because of the sodding rain (I tried saving to advance time and clear the weather but starting the mission always puts me back at night time in the rain), and a third where I need to chase a speedboat but the only other boats that spawn nearby are those super slow luxury cruise type things which are nowhere near fast enough (the speedboat lad just zooms away and the mission fails within a few seconds).

I'm having a bit of a rough time with it, really.

• Paid Members

I think I heard somewhere Rockstar had nothing to do with this and a third party dev put it together. Kind of ironic that they'll postpone their own mainline GTA titles to make sure they're finished but push these guys to rush this out in an apparently unfinished, or at least unpolished state to hit a deadline. 

59 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I think I heard somewhere Rockstar had nothing to do with this and a third party dev put it together. Kind of ironic that they'll postpone their own mainline GTA titles to make sure they're finished but push these guys to rush this out in an apparently unfinished, or at least unpolished state to hit a deadline. 

Yeah it's a developer that does pretty much nothing apart from porting games to Android and IOS, and this edition certainly resembles a mobile port in a few ways.

18 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Is there any chance of them putting GTA, the 60's packs and GTA2 out on switch?

I’d be more invested in seeing the often overlooked Chinatown Wars make its way to the console. I fully accept that I might need to take this rose-tinted glasses off here, but I still feel like it might be the best one.

• Paid Members

I had Chinatown Wars on DS & PSP, and I loved the Controls. It was also nice how the map resembled the GTA3 map as well. I could find my way around pretty well. It is overlooked. That Deadmau5 station was pretty sweet. 

3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Any idea how it plays on iPhone? Wouldn’t mind giving it a go and it’s only £4.49.

It doesn’t control particularly well, for me at least. It’s better than nothing, but I would recommend playing it on DS or PSP if you have that option. You can get it for between £10 and £15 on eBay or for £15 at CEX. I hadn’t realised it was so reasonable, so I’ve just bought a copy myself.