WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

If I remember rightly the developer of Lawn Mower Simulator also do some of the trains and the likes on Train Sim World. 

Anybody see that article the other day about the bloke and his mum who managed to remake Simpsons Hit & Run in Unreal Engine? I'd be well up for that if it ended up getting released. 

• Paid Members

Latest games done:

Crypt Of The Serpent King

232457711_1250587915376578_7165711934837

With a title like that, I knew I had to play it. That's so my dungeons and dragons and medieval fantasy vibe. Cool name and some pretty good music but sadly those are the highlights. It's an incredibly simplistic game - 7 levels where you meander around a dark and dingy dungeon picking up keys either by passing through fire gates or by jumping over an obstacle, all while avoiding a host of enemies. Then when you have all the keys, ranging from 7 to 14 of them, you make your way to a room where you can fight a boss. Repeat 7 times and that's Crypt of the Serpent King. Oh, and the levels are all randomly generated. Enemies are restricted to one of each type per level i.e in one level you will be fighting skeletons and another goblins and so on. Getting the platinum here simply requires you to complete the game 3 times on each difficulty mode. I actually found some of the hardcore mode, especially the final boss, to be pretty difficult. This is only worth a buy if you like the aesthetics and want a short distraction in between longer games but based on the gameplay, it's hard to recommend Crypt of the Serpent King to anyone. 

Crash Bandicoot (the first game in the N Sane trilogy)

E9OtRrHXMAMWami?format=jpg&name=large

Holy shit. This has to be my proudest platinum to date! For what is ostensibly a children's game about a small mammal jumping across a variety of colourful landscapes, Crash Bandicoot is hard. Like, really hard. You're jumping and spinning along on your merry way through the first few levels and then Native Fortress enters the frame with a punch to the face. Some of the platforming to be found is indeed "n sane" and requires the utmost in timing and precision to even make it to the end of the stage. That's before we get to things like having to do some of the harder levels without dying once to achieve colourful gems which unlock different paths in other levels and especially the time trials where you have to sprint headlong through levels, jumping recklessly between platforms which clearly were designed with patience and timing as being paramount. You need at least Gold ranking on all 26 levels and some of them were nothing short of hellish. Road To Nowhere, Sunset Vista, The High Road, The Lab, Fumbling In The Dark...these names will become almost traumatic if you decide to complete this one.

I'm soooo glad I managed this though because Crash Bandicoot has a special significance to me: It was my first ever game! I must have been 8 or 9 when my parents bought me my first ever games console. I never had a Nintendo 64 or anything like that so didn't know who Mario was. Crash Bandicoot was my very first glimpse into gaming. Of course, I sucked at it and don't even think I got halfway through before playing Warped instead (which I recall being a bit easier). Completing Crash Bandicoot all these years later, it struck me in the later stages just how much better at the game I had become. I know that sounds obvious. But really, at the beginning it took me multiple game overs simply to make it to the end of Native Fortress. By the end I, could see even more challenging obstacles approaching and tackle them without thinking. There's certainly a great satisfaction in completing this game. And, as I mentioned, it's my proudest platinum and also my rarest! According to the trophy page on PSN, only 0.8% have the coveted Platinum in Crash Bandicoot. And now I'm chuffed to be one of them!

I think now I'll jump back to Horizon Zero Dawn and do the Frozen Wilds DLC before I think about Crash 2. My thumbs are actually aching and I need a break from the madness.  

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

Currently playing Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet. SAO is a series of games I always buy when the games are dirt cheap only to hardly play them.

Yes I'm that bored. 

Currently a 6/10. Bang average in almost every way other than the characters who are all god awful which is to be expected from a game series that spun off from a shitty light novel/anime series.

Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut is out. Might be time for me to get started on it again. 

I feel like I'm in the minority that thinks Far Cry 5 was the apex of the series, but I get that a lot of the animal attack, tropical fun being traded in for the creepy MAGA vibe probably didn't set well with a lot of people. Playing 4 at the moment though, and it's a riotous good time. For me it probably goes 5 > 4 > 3 but being objective about it, 3's definitely the best starting point. 

In fantastic news, Quake's also gone up on Gamepass complete with original Trent Reznor soundtrack. Going to blast through its glorious brown tonight for a nostalgia hit. If you go to the 'Add ons' section you can even download Quake 64! Total gift.

38 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

In fantastic news, Quake's also gone up on Gamepass complete with original Trent Reznor soundtrack. Going to blast through its glorious brown tonight for a nostalgia hit. If you go to the 'Add ons' section you can even download Quake 64! Total gift.

It also has 4 player split-screen co-op.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I feel like I'm in the minority that thinks Far Cry 5 was the apex of the series, but I get that a lot of the animal attack, tropical fun being traded in for the creepy MAGA vibe probably didn't set well with a lot of people. Playing 4 at the moment though, and it's a riotous good time. For me it probably goes 5 > 4 > 3 but being objective about it, 3's definitely the best starting point.

For me it was the PC being uninvolved in the overall plot asides it being the player at the controls. No real flavour of history, personality or growth (in contrast to Ajay and FC3's main, I forget his name) doesn't make an enthralling protagonist.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, seph said:

FC3's main, I forget his name)

Jason, the chap who helped you saying that and tattoo like "ta-tao" are the main things I remember about that game. 

I've started fallout new Vegas on pc. I tried it with mouse and keyboard but it's just not for me so I picked up a cheap 360 controller. 

• Paid Members

@SpiritOfTheForest you are a fucking mad man. I tried Crash Bandicoot and was shocked at how insanely hard it was and how quickly into the game it got so hard. The idea of platinum-ing that game is horrifying to me. Well done, sir.

I just finished Little Nightmares 2. The look, atmosphere and sound design of this game (and the original) is absolutely superb and incredibly creative and unique. Worth playing for that alone. The gameplay and puzzles are pretty good for the most part except for one particular section where the controls just feel broken and not done properly so getting through was very, very painful. I think my PS4 is coming to the end of its shelf life...I'm really struggling to find new stuff to play.