WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

I don’t want to emulate it and play it on my computer that will take two days to update as soon as I switch it on. I want to play them on my switch that is very capable of playing the games and I’m willing to pay a reasonable price. Nintendo don’t even give you the choice of paying an extortionate price half the time, they just leave their ip in limbo. Sony are shit at backwards compatibility but that’s a Sony discussion and what Nintendo has that Sony doesn’t is games that actually age well and are extremely playable. Old ‘realistic’ polygon graphics are shit.

Sega do a much better job with their old IP's on Nintendo's own consoles than Nintendo do.

The work with M2 on the 3DS and Switch has been nothing short of excellent, I'd say they even made better use of the 3D gimmick too as those old 2D games popping out of the screen looked amazing.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I don’t want to emulate it and play it on my computer that will take two days to update as soon as I switch it on. I want to play them on my switch that is very capable of playing the games and I’m willing to pay a reasonable price.

And that's the entitlement I was talking about. This is a Mr Danger problem and not a Nintendo problem. Why should Nintendo spend time and money sorting out emulation on the Switch because you can't be bothered updating your PC? 

Also you can't just dismiss the fact Microsoft and Sony are as bad if not worse than Nintendo for this as being "their problem". Nobody releases back catalogue now, it's HD Remasters or Remakes and every console is guilty of it and have been for decades. Gamecube had the Twin Snakes and Resident Evil remasters, PS3 had Devil May Cry and God of War, Xbox has the Master Chief Collection. GTA V has been out for about 10 years now across three generations. There's no money in it for Nintendo to release a port of Buck Bumble or Billy Hatcher and The Giant Egg for a few quid when they can charge £50 for three Mario ports or a Pokemon remake which will sell infinitely better and for more money. 

If you want to play old games, just emulate them like everyone else. 

55 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

There's no money in it for Nintendo to release a port of Buck Bumble or Billy Hatcher and The Giant Egg for a few quid when they can charge £50 for three Mario ports or a Pokemon remake which will sell infinitely better and for more money. 

I do think Nintendo deserve some flack for Super Mario 3D All Stars though! - that was pretty disappointing as it didn't seem much effort was actually put into the ports of the games compared to the price charged for it,

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Stop being entitled, steal their stuff like everyone else does.

Or go and buy the old hardware and game again if you’re desperate. They aren’t obligated to give you a way to play old games on modern consoles. It’s all value add, and entirely profit driven either through sales of the games individually or increased uptake of subscription models to get access to the library.

Sorry, but ‘I want it, and Nintendo should give it to me for a price I deem reasonable’ is absolutely entitlement.

49 minutes ago, The Curious Orange said:

I do think Nintendo deserve some flack for Super Mario 3D All Stars though! - that was pretty disappointing as it didn't seem much effort was actually put into the ports of the games compared to the price charged for it,

Do they though? If they’d put out Galaxy and Sunshine separately for £15 each and 64 for a tenner nobody would have complained (well, they would have, they always do), but all 3 for £40 was too much?

If there’s something they need to cop flack for it’s the Tencent partnership and the horrendous free to play games being churned out with heavy paid mechanics soaked into the pores of the gameplay.

Edited by Bicurious Dad
Double post wanker, but not a triple post wanker.

16 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Or go and buy the old hardware and game again if you’re desperate. They aren’t obligated to give you a way to play old games on modern consoles. It’s all value add, and entirely profit driven either through sales of the games individually or increased uptake of subscription models to get access to the library.

Sorry, but ‘I want it, and Nintendo should give it to me for a price I deem reasonable’ is absolutely entitlement.

Is it entitlement or is it a consumer making what he deems a reasonable request? I’m not setting fire to my Switch and renouncing 30 plus years of Nintendo consumerism. It’s not like I’m the only person out here wanting better access to their library, I’m but a simple customer putting down a demand for supply. They absolutely don’t need to meet that demand and they leave plenty of people wanting because the way they operate makes them shed loads of cash. Its the reason they wound back their Virtual Console.

2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

While there's no excuse with Nintendo in terms of how behind the times they are with hardware or online functionality

Agreed on online functionality (the lack of voice chat for Switch online, and the fact it's not even being added to the new model is insane), but I don't think it's fair to criticise the hardware. You have to balance affordability, innovation and power, and if Nintendo, at the time, was to produce a Switch with the power of the PS4 it would have cost a fortune. I play my Switch far more than I ever did the PS4, or ever do the PS5, and I never find myself wishing that the graphical capabilities were better. 

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

And that's the entitlement I was talking about. This is a Mr Danger problem and not a Nintendo problem. Why should Nintendo spend time and money sorting out emulation on the Switch because you can't be bothered updating your PC? 

I don't think it's entitlement to wish for a legitimate way of playing a game, supporting the developers and, hopefully, encouraging further digital preservation of titles that could easily be lost to time. 

1 hour ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Guess every console I've ever bought has come with a sense of entitlement, then. 

I doubt many people are completely immune to such situations when making consumer choices. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK