WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

What Happun? is a decent series. I've not seen every one of them but I'm guilty of binge watching a bunch of my days off work.

If you've not seen it I'd also recommend the Mediocre Spider-Matt where he's playing through as many Spidey video games as he can. Or doing little documentary stuff. A lot of the documentaries he does on there are good. Sometimes he'll play a fighting game, but Woolie is the former Best Friends member who does the most fighting game stuff with his "Get Into..." series. 

His Wha Happun about WCW with "your boy" Jay Hunter is a good episode. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

I'm playing Yakuza 0 on Game Pass on PC and I'm at Chapter 5 where someone's gonna get me into real estate but needs to clear out the office first. I've been doing side quests and running around the city for ages but it still says 'Yamanoi's cleaning out the office. I'll walk around and kill some time, then check back in'. 

I've read I'll get a message on a pager. I'm pretty sure I did get a message on a pager before but couldn't seem to open the message. I've saved and loaded since and there's no message icon. Am I fucked? 

Thought I'd ask here as people got me onto the game in this thread. 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

I'm playing Yakuza 0 on Game Pass on PC and I'm at Chapter 5 where someone's gonna get me into real estate but needs to clear out the office first. I've been doing side quests and running around the city for ages but it still says 'Yamanoi's cleaning out the office. I'll walk around and kill some time, then check back in'. 

I've read I'll get a message on a pager. I'm pretty sure I did get a message on a pager before but couldn't seem to open the message. I've saved and loaded since and there's no message icon. Am I fucked? 

Thought I'd ask here as people got me onto the game in this thread. 

Go into your menu and there’s a Pager option in there. Just read the message you missed.

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

Go into your menu and there’s a Pager option in there. Just read the message you missed.

I see it in my valuables but there's no message on there. Before there was a pager icon on the HUD too but it's not there now.

Edit: what a twat. Been trying to work it out for hours and then watched a video. Hadn't seen Pager in the list on the menu. I blame it on being ill...

Edited by Sphinx

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Xbox Series S) 

A relative bought me a Series S so I decided to give ME a whirl on it. 

Not a system I was ever going to go out of my way to get but after spending some time with it, it's decent piece of kit imo.

Load time are almost non existent and the first ME runs nicely in performance mode so far. Looking forward to playing through the trilogy again. 

Not much storage space which is a downer but I have decent Internet so downloading games isn't an issue and it's not like I need 50 games installed. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Xbox Series S) 

A relative bought me a Series S so I decided to give ME a whirl on it. 

Not a system I was ever going to go out of my way to get but after spending some time with it, it's decent piece of kit imo.

Load time are almost non existent and the first ME runs nicely in performance mode so far. Looking forward to playing through the trilogy again. 

Not much storage space which is a downer but I have decent Internet so downloading games isn't an issue and it's not like I need 50 games installed. 

You can play non-X|S games straight from an external hard drive. 

• Paid Members

I'm sure you likely already know this but I discovered the other day if you go into the PlayStation mobile phone app to get the PS Plus games rather than through the dashboard of the PS4 you can add the PS5 games to your library. That way if you do find yourself in possession of a PS5 in future you'll have some games. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm sure you likely already know this but I discovered the other day if you go into the PlayStation mobile phone app to get the PS Plus games rather than through the dashboard of the PS4 you can add the PS5 games to your library. That way if you do find yourself in possession of a PS5 in future you'll have some games. 

You can do this through a web browser too if you go to the PS Store site.

• Paid Members

I'm shite at anything technology related so forgive the question, but does this mean I can get the PS5 PSPlus games and download them on PS4? Don't fancy either of the ones available to me this month but I would definitely like to play A Plague's Tale, which isn't showing as it's the PS5 game (although also out on PS4). Apologies if it's a daft question.

4 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

I'm shite at anything technology related so forgive the question, but does this mean I can get the PS5 PSPlus games and download them on PS4? Don't fancy either of the ones available to me this month but I would definitely like to play A Plague's Tale, which isn't showing as it's the PS5 game (although also out on PS4). Apologies if it's a daft question.

No.

It just means that you can claim them and play them later if you have a PS5 in the future.

• Paid Members

213506354_1227408474361189_5555869439895 

Chuffed about this! Obtained the Platinum in GTA Vice City. By and large, it was a super fun time as Vice City is a great game with a killer soundtrack but the final trophy - Take The Cannoli - is completely fucking horrendous and made a stark contrast to an otherwise wonderful game.

For those who don't know, this trophy requires you to reach the rank of Godfather which entails earning 10 million dollars and having a Criminal Rating of 1 million. However, after achieving the coveted 100% complete, my Criminal Rating was only just over 4000. To do this legitimately would probably take hundreds and hundreds of hours. As it stands, I used a workaround involving gathering 7 helicopters in close proximity and using the blow up all vehicles cheat. Over and over again. Thousands of times. Must have been typing in that fucking cheat code at least 7 or 8 hours in total, and annoyingly, some of the helicopters (which give you points when exploded) would continuously despawn after a few minutes requiring me to trek and collect more. Honestly, it's probably one of the most tedious, dull and monotonous slogs I've ever done in a game but it was all worth it to collect that sweet, sweet Plat.

It would be a very warranted and good question at this point to ask "Spirit, why the fuck would you needlessly put yourself through that?" and my answer is simply because when I had already been awarded 90% of the trophies and had only one more to get, I was determined to finish the job and get another Platinum for my collection. A touch of OCD too, I would suspect. 

A month or so back I polished off the Platinum in GTA 3 so I have San Andreas next to complete the set. Going to finish off Far Cry 4 first and maybe the first Jak and Daxter, which I downloaded after having fond memories of it from my boyhood, and then I might have to set out to becoming King not just of Liberty City and Vice City but of the entire state of San Andreas too. 

Ha, I was working my way to the God of War plat but when I saw that you had to find all ravens I realised it would be highly unlikely that I’d dredge my way around the map again looking for them all. Fucking aced those Muspelheim trials though!

• Paid Members

I did God of War at the start of the year. Really a cracking game. The ravens didn't give me too much trouble as I used a YouTube video to find the ones that I'd missed when playing through the first time but the Valkyrie Queen was a nightmare (and I was very helpfully given some advise by people on this very forum).