WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Did it? I didn't realise, until they said Game Pass was available for PC. I started to look into it and then released I could play pretty much everything on my mobile. 

Some extra games on the PC version, such as Command and Conquer Red Alert 😁

On 6/24/2021 at 4:36 PM, BomberPat said:

I managed to get to the end of the Alex Kidd remake purely by playing on Infinite Lives mode. Annoyingly, the freedom of having Infinite Lives made be play so much more instinctively and recklessly that I actually got further than I had in my non-infinite lives attempt before I started losing any. 

As a kid I never really made much use of many of the items, beyond the mind-reading ball and the magic ring, but the bosses are so much harder on this version that I was using everything I could.

I remembered my way around the first castle level pretty well, but then remembered pretty much nothing after the fact, so started to doubt if I ever really had finished this game - but then towards the end there was more stuff I remembered. I just haemorrhaged lives on the last three bosses, though, absolutely hard as nails. There are trophies for completing it on regular mode, and for completing the game without buying any items, and they both seem utterly impossible tasks.

I also discovered, and apparently this was true in the original, so I'm learning something after the better part of 30 years of playing this game - if you punch one of the boxes that has a ghost in it, and managed to avoid said ghost, the next question mark block you open will always have an extra life in it. 

You can do this with infinite lives turned on. Not too difficult.

12 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Did it? I didn't realise, until they said Game Pass was available for PC. I started to look into it and then released I could play pretty much everything on my mobile. 

Some extra games on the PC version, such as Command and Conquer Red Alert 😁

Is it full mobile yet or android only? There’s always been a PC version of GP but it had a reduced/slightly different game selection most probably due to exclusivity distribution deals. Makes loads of sense to offer those gaps through their streaming service even if game streaming isn’t quite up to scratch just yet.

There’s some neat controller mounts around for mobile play, might pick one up if they’re streaming to IPhones now.

• Paid Members

I got a Razer Kishi  from CEX for £49 and it's pretty good way to play on your mobile. 

2b938f90-a729-11ea-9caa-295f1633b6cd

Having a Series S it works better remote accessing my console and playing it that way than the cloud which I'm still not sold on. Playing something like Forza for example is unplayable with the lag and i've read generally it's still not great unless you're lucky.

I decided to give Doki Doki Literature Club a go on Switch, after hearing so much about the PC version. It definitely does a good job of subverting your expectations, and it's incredibly disturbing. I've dealt with depression in the past, and while I wouldn't go as far as to say it upset me, I would say that I can see why it might be a difficult game to play for anyone who has felt similarly. It's a difficult one in that its story is probably most effective if you don't know what's coming, but equally, the warnings it gives you at the start are definitely worth paying attention to. If in doubt, do a little research to find out about the themes it deals with first, I would suggest. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is it full mobile yet or android only? There’s always been a PC version of GP but it had a reduced/slightly different game selection most probably due to exclusivity distribution deals. Makes loads of sense to offer those gaps through their streaming service even if game streaming isn’t quite up to scratch just yet.

There’s some neat controller mounts around for mobile play, might pick one up if they’re streaming to IPhones now.

I think they mean gamepass' streaming service on the PC, it's a separate thing that's only just launched properly. You play games through the Edge browser.

The normal gamepass has a fair few exclusives on PC, mostly games that have only came out on the computer. It helps that you get EA Play with it as there's some classics there.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Not Edge, I'm talking about the Game Pass app on mobile that has capability to play most of the games through the app.

There is even a section of those that are decent for mobile. The little hand icon indicates they have been optimised for a touch screen experience. I think those without have floating controller buttons on the screen. 

769583206_Screenshot_20210701-110520_GamePass.thumb.jpg.283c27f6b04bfe7082e7387de3f9642b.jpg

I had Xbox live, my girlfriend has game pass. So we decided to take advantage of the ultimate deal of three months at a quid. Checked my subscriptions as XBL expired today and it says my next payment is due in November which is when my EA Access expires! Result!

Having a second go at Cyberpunk. Fuck me, it's a shitshow. I loved it the first time around. I proper got into how warped its launch was and somehow found a semi next gen game in there. Honestly...its open world benefited in a way from being a sort of open crime scene investigation on how not to build a video game. 

That all vanishes on second play through. It's just dog rough. Even after all the patches, there's just something about how they're streaming the open world content that can never quite be fixed. To that end it's still oddly mesmerising to walk around in. It's brutal. Like one of them bizarre Net Yaroze games that came with PS1 demo discs. 

There is brilliance in there. When it's on rails or in closed interiors it excels. The surround sound, lighting etc with all the main questline content is commendable. It's just when you run out on to the street then, there goes the immersion. It's like you're back in teenhood taking acid on the bus. Everything looks like it's made of plastic and about to fall apart. 

Can't wait for a proper documentary or book to come out about it. 

• Paid Members

Matt McMuscles has done a Wha Happun? about it.This is a good series investigating what went wrong with famous gaming/cinematic disappointments, or even just games with interesting development histories. He maybe doesn't go as deep as Kim Justice does with her documentaries, but it's decent.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Matt McMuscles has done a Wha Happun? about it.This is a good series investigating what went wrong with famous gaming/cinematic disappointments, or even just games with interesting development histories. He maybe doesn't go as deep as Kim Justice does with her documentaries, but it's decent.

What Happun? is a decent series. I've not seen every one of them but I'm guilty of binge watching a bunch of my days off work.

Didn't they can the online part or did they just delay it?

I can't even get excited for a new Witcher knowing that the higher ups won't have learned a fucking thing and the game no matter how good will be plagued with some of the most anti-worker treatment in the business. I'm at a point where I barely give any of the big companies money now, and the eurojank pissants want to be just like them.