WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It turns out he's got no willy.

Posted Images

Going back to the subject of the ps5 controller from the last page. The adaptive feedback has broken on my controller after only a month. Whilst still useable It's started making a really annoying loud clicking sound constantly on the left trigger. So that's sorted me on them

• Paid Members

Picked up Lego City Undercover on my XBox One in the Lego Games sale that seems to be permanently taking place. It feels a bit GTA Lego in places, but then there are bits that are just a Lego game. At least they keep all the platforming in 2D. The cutscenes are funny, the story is interesting. Worryingly it crashed on me at one point as well. I kind of wish I had the Wii U version as I hear there was some really good functionality involving the Wii U gamepad, and some nice little Nintendo themed in-jokes. 

Also picked up Tell Me Why for free as part of Microsoft's LGBTQIA+ spotlight event for Pride Month. It's an interesting game. I'm not far in, but it feels like it's going to pick up quite a bit as it goes on.

• Paid Members

Im holding judgement on the PS5 Controller astro showed how it can be used, the same as the switch used 1/2 switch to showcase its joycons. I dont think another game every used its "how many balls inside" tech again

Zero dawn with bowstring tension? Sign me up.  

Got the premium edition of Dying Light with all the bells and whistles included at a discount price on the Xbox store. The perfect kind of game to sleep out on and discover years later. Considering it was 75% off, it's an amazing experience. Even though it's set in the Middle East it's got a distinctly European vibe about it. Kind of a mix of Fallout, 28 Days Later, City 17 from Half-Life 2 and any number of 70s spookers set in/showing a futuristic version of Europe. Just the synth music and the bleached out look of the whole thing, I guess. 

It's an imperfect open world oscillating between being stunning looking and ugly looking where you can sell, craft and jump up on really high things. The kind of shit I love, basically. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK
  • Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Got the premium edition of Dying Light with all the bells and whistles included at a discount price on the Xbox store. The perfect kind of game to sleep out on and discover years later. Considering it was 75% off, it's an amazing experience. Even though it's set in the Middle East it's got a distinctly European vibe about it. Kind of a mix of Fallout, 28 Days Later, City 17 from Half-Life 2 and any number of 70s spookers set in/showing a futuristic version of Europe. Just the synth music and the bleached out look of the whole thing, I guess. 

It's an imperfect open world oscillating between being stunning looking and ugly looking where you can sell, craft and jump up on really high things. The kind of shit I love, basically. 

I did the same on Steam. Unsure if it's down to my new PC but it runs smooth as silk, even better than I remembered.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I completed Horizon Zero Dawn this week after buying the game a couple years back and losing interest a third of the way through. I picked it up again when the pandemic Winter began last year. Really beautiful game albeit with a slightly boring/ convoluted story. The writers could've easily binned a massive chunk of the warring tribes stuff and just stuck with the mystery behind the machines and Aloy's mother as the major storylines, but I guess they wanted to impress the world-building nerds and people who love reading gigantic text walls of lore.

The world feels empty but that works to it's merit considering the plot, and it feels fresh compared to other, more-overwhelming open-world games. It's the perfect podcast game too, especially when hunting for animal skins/machine parts, the hunting challenges, the various errands and all the collectibles. It's just a shame that my PS4 has all but given up the ghost, so the last 50 hours or so were spent with the extremely loud WWWHHHHHHIIIIIIRRRRRRRRR of a struggling console trying to circulate it's hot air. By that point I had lost interest in most of the story though, so it wasn't a big loss.

Oh, for anyone yet to get so far in the game, here's a warning; I 100%'ed the game and didn't get a trophy. I collected all the datapoints and books and weapons and outfits, and got fuck all for my efforts. Not getting a trophy for a large part of the collectibles is understandable. However, not getting a trophy for 100%'ing the game is deplorable. I was kicking myself for not checking the trophy list first before heading out to collect everything, because otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. I LIVE for those satisfying achievement sounds. At least I got a Platinum, so there's that.

OH AND ANOTHER THING; the level cap is 50, and I maxed that out right before I hit the last quarter of the game with tons left to do. Apparently the DLC increases the cap so be sure to grab that if you plan on playing that ( a shithouse move, in my opinion). As for myself, my PS4 is on death's door so I'm planning to force my way through Spiderman and Doom (unless the noise of the fan is too much and I give up entirely)  before sending the bloody thing to CEX.

Edited by Accident Prone

Finished chapter 9 on Xenoblade Chronicles X and I've hit a brick wall. 

Leveling at a snails pace and I even tried the "scout a LVL60 blade" cheese which only improved things marginally.

Still having fun but anyone who claims the game isn't grindy is a dirty liar. 

Covid has been great for E3, at least for that Xbox showcase. Just banger trailers one after another with minimal corpo hot dogging, forced celebrity appearances and execs wearing their branded bomber jackets. 

Thought Redfall looked boring, though. Like a Left 4 Dead clone with Life is Strange graphics. Tone of it was very 360 era. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Weezenal said:

Forza 5 looks amazing. Out November.

It does look interesting. I hope they keep the shit cars in because I tend to struggle driving anything above a B class. Sometimes I'll hop in an A if I absolutely have to, but anything faster than that and I tend to struggle.