WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Usually you can take a “We hope to get it to you by 2022” as a guarantee it won’t be out until at least a year after but I’m cautiously optimistic that they are putting that as a contingency because of COVID times destroying the world. With the Switch Pro heavily rumoured for this year you have to imagine that they were planning on launching it with BOTW2 before it all went to shit.

• Paid Members

There's a new Wario Ware coming out? I lov that series. Hopefully it works in handheld mode.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) 

Finally decided to dust of my Switch and start a new game. 

Like with X the combat takes some getting used to but quickly becomes second nature once it clicks. 

Really like the graphics (playing docked) and the story is ok so far though Rex is pretty bland imo.

The quest marking and mini map in general though are bloody awful and like in X there's points where the music almost drowns out the dialogue.

The cat people all being Welsh still makes me chuckle.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed it on Gameboy Advance, but just am not feeling it on the PS4 version. 

• Paid Members

Why is Rocket League an absolute pile of shit?

Joined a 3v3 game: one teammate decides to start scoring own goals and telling everyone to get AIDS, whilst the second kept pinning and blocking me from defending. Got absolutely fed up when it 1–9, and of course I’m the one that gets banned for 5 minutes when I decide I don’t want to spend a whole 5-minute match under those circumstances. Absolute trash.

Had a great laugh shithousing on Rocket League, me and a mate were matched with some nerd so my mate pinned him while I scored loads of own goals. The nerd started crying so I told him to get AIDS until he fucked off!

Best thing of all, he got a five minute ban for being a quitter! Absolute top BANTZ!

• Paid Members

I've picked up Icewind Dale cheap for switch, I've not played it since I got a free copy for the PC back in 2000 (incidentally I spent weeks thinking my mate was talking about a game called Icewind Daewoo, much how I thought they all watched a French football show called Sacre em) . I remember enjoying it and as I doubt we'll get Fallout 1 & 2 anytime soon I'm hoping it's still fun enough to kill some time. 

I've also picked up the C&C remaster off steam, it's still as good as it ever was, obviously, but I'm looking forward to dusting off Red Alert. Not played that in 20 years as I got RA2 and used to play that to death while C&C still gets the odd run on PlayStation every now and then. I'm disappointed RA2 isn't available on the store but here's hoping. 

Edited by Tommy!

Online game in trash community shocker. 

Anyway about 50 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and as good as it is I've come to the conclusion that Monolith can't write interesting villains for shit. They just irritate me every time they appear. 

Also some of the level designs can fuck right off and as I've already mentioned the quest marking/compass is god awful at times. 

I do like that the devs know how dumb JRPG's actually are when you stop to think about them and they occasionally lean into it and unlike X the humour hits much more than it misses.