WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

On my replaying of the 'Souls games I've just finished the main story of 2 which is so-so, not the best and has issues but not as bad as some say.... until I started the DLC which is a cunt and a half.

The game's like "hey, magics and elemental are the way to go bro.." and then the DLC gives seemingly every enemy elemental resistances which fucks over your entire build you just spent 30+ hours on. Oh, and they reaaaly like spamming mobs at you.

13 hours ago, Nexus said:

I got Mass Effect Legendary Edition last week - haven't ever really played any of them. Enjoying the first one so far - finding the shooting a bit clunky but maybe I'm just shit. 

ME1 is definitely clunky and a bit dated compared to it's sequels. ME2 is one of my favourite games ever and is peak Bioware imo.

Some issues I had with it aside ME3 is also a pretty great game. 

Hell if you like them I would say give Andromeda a go, should be dirt cheap these days and is nowhere near as bad as people say it is imo. 

Double post wanker. 

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne Remastered (PS4) 

Seen a number of comments saying that it's underwhelming but so far it's pretty much what I wanted. 

Crisper visuals, some voice acting and finally getting the until now Japan exclusive Raidou version. 

Full marks from me.

• Paid Members

I've been playing Stranded Deep since it was free on PS Plus this month. It's my first time playing a game like this (it's a survival game) and I think I'm enjoying it. It's actually kind of relaxing to play too. I'm a bit stuck though, as I'm not too sure how to progress. I know there are bosses to fight but I haven't been able to craft a weapon which I imagine is good enough to face them so I've entirely been launching expeditions to other islands and loading up on wood and stone and raiding any shipwrecks for miscellaneous parts. I'm day 28, have a raft, a shelter and a bunch of other crafting/survival sets ups like a water still and a tanning rack. The game doesn't hold your hand and tell you what to do at all so I'm not expecting finishing the game to be remotely easy. 

And goodness me, getting lost when out exploring is an absolute bastard. 

• Paid Members

Finished Resident Evil: Village this week and despite looking and controlling great it just never felt like a resident evil game. The first person felt more familiar in 7 because of the slightly more claustrophobic house setting but despite feeling like a true follow up to Resi 4 it never really hit the mark, felt disjointed (the different areas were so different it was bordering on a episode of the crystal maze at times... To the industrial zone!) and the plot was all over the place, even for a resi game. 

I did love the return of the merchant and the crafting though

• Paid Members
On 5/21/2021 at 9:08 AM, King of Hamptons said:

Loving my PS5 at the moment, controller is the main high point, feels much more solid the the duelshock 4.  Apart from the new resident Evil. What games would you recommend? 

Both spiderman games are really good, god or war has just got a patch. And zero Dawn is probably my fave game of all time. 

If you have not played them already of course. 

• Paid Members

It's a decent month for fans of fighting games on XBox Live Gold and PSPlus next month. PS Plus gets the new Ultimate version of Virtua Fighter 5, and Gold has Neo Geo Battle Colosseum & the first Injustice: as part of 360 backwards compatibility. 

I’ve been trying to play RE 7. I say trying because the double whammy of first person dizziness and gut wrenching anxiety I get playing horror games is making it a hard task. I got as far as escaping the main house after the chainsaw boss fight and had two days of motion sickness. The anxiety goes once I understand the ‘rules’ of the enemies but the thought of going back to it makes my head spin. It’s a shame because I was really enjoying it. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The first Injustice was really fun, has one of the better single player story modes too. I'm going to be destroyed on VF5 but I'll give it a go, always wanted to love the series but it seemed a little on the hardcore side for me.

For only 3 buttons Virtua Fighter is an incredibly complex and technical series. Sarah & Jacky Bryant are the most accessible characters for newcomers to the series. I've got VF5 Final Battle on my 360. It's good, but I personally think VF4 Evo on PS2 is the Pinnacle of the series. There's a "career mode" where you tour arcades in Japan playing in tournaments against the local players, the opponents all have different personalities and ways of acting based on actual tournament play so you might fight the same character controlled by two different players, and they'd actually fight in different ways, it's such a change from your usual AI opponents.

• Paid Members

I got the Series S after never having an Xbox really great little console of you have the Gamepass. Really fast loading games and huge selection including EA games now. Feel like I got my money's worth for a year already with Doom Eternal and a couple indie ones my wife played.

Looks like a decent trade in deal at Game at the moment if you have an old console.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/game-uk-will-swap-your-old-console-for-an-xbox-series-s-for-as-little-as-40/amp/