WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

It looks like the new version of Virtua Fighter 5 has been gimped if you're an offline player, they've stripped away the Quest mode. Interestingly it's called e-Sports Edition or something very similar in Japan, very much an online only affair.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It looks like the new version of Virtua Fighter 5 has been gimped if you're an offline player, they've stripped away the Quest mode. Interestingly it's called e-Sports Edition or something very similar in Japan, very much an online only affair.

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

• Paid Members

That sucks. Presumably Sony have chucked it into PS Plus this month to hope it garnets enough interest and players to get a run down ut at Sony owned EVO this summer, where they'll be able to have a trial run of their in play better system they've been working on. 

39 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That sucks. Presumably Sony have chucked it into PS Plus this month to hope it garnets enough interest and players to get a run down ut at Sony owned EVO this summer, where they'll be able to have a trial run of their in play better system they've been working on. 

They're not even using rollback netcode, it's a bad look allround from the outset.

• Paid Members

SoulCalibur 6 does have some really good story content. Most of the SoulCalibur games do. Plus those RPG modes where you can play through with your created character or the characters from the game as well Libra Of Souls mode? 

The series went on a serious slump though with SC4 & 5.

6 is a definite return to form imo.

Some Anime fighters are slso  loaded with content. The Blazblue series (the sequels anyway) in particular is great if you can tolerate the fan service and ridiculousness of it all. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
On 5/29/2021 at 8:21 AM, scratchdj said:

The Wreckfest implementation of the DualSense controller is quite cool. You feel tension in the brakes and things tighten up as the car gets damaged. The best thing though is the subtle jolts as you change gear.

I already had Wreckfest on PC but it’s much better and more accessible on a console/TV and the controller support is a nice addition.

It looks great, too.

Dualsense? Is that PS4 or PS5?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's PS5, the best thing about it so far is the controller.

Not to be "that guy" but from the PS5 I've managed to play at work/round a friend's house, the controller was my least favourite thing. It feels long, and the adaptive triggers are a disaster. They're similar to the 3DS' 3D feature in that you try it for 5 minutes and go "eh that's cool but let's turn it off now". In some cases it feels like garbage. Most people I know who got hold of a PS5 also said they turn it off for most games. Alongside that, it turns out having your triggers fight back against you is also a red carpet invite to faults and breaks, with a few already returned to our place for it and my mate's R2 spring being fucked about a month after he got it.
The vibration felt pretty cool on Astro Bot but it's not night and day from the PS4 or in some cases even the Switch. I also find the PS Button tacky looking and cheap feeling.

Of the two, I'd certainly pip for the Xbox controller which took what PS1-4 did and went with "if it's not broke, don't fix it" and just made a nicer feeling version of what they had.

Edited by FelatioLips

No it’s the best feature and it’s by far the biggest difference maker between PlayStation and Xbox(not including games.) The biggest problem I have with it is it feels like it might have a shorter shelf life than the DS4. I don’t understand the people turning it off, it’s great. 

Just booted up Xenoblade Chronicles X to make sure my Wii U is still working and was surprised to see that people are still playing it.

Problem with XCX is that it's one of those games I can't just jump back into after a long break, so now I'm torn over starting from scratch. 

Edited by The King Of Swing