WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

1 minute ago, seph said:

With different dialogue choices, missions, or both?

Trying to avoid spoilers. 

Playthrough 1: You control one character. 

Playthrough 2: You control another character for a different perspective. Mostly the same as playthrough 1 but some extra story thrown in and the new character plays differently. 

Subsequent playthroughs: Follows on from the previous playthroughs, completely new content. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It turns out he's got no willy.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Trying to avoid spoilers. 

Playthrough 1: You control one character. 

Playthrough 2: You control another character for a different perspective. Mostly the same as playthrough 1 but some extra story thrown in and the new character plays differently. 

Subsequent playthroughs: Follows on from the previous playthroughs, completely new content. 

Do all play throughs a take as long or are they quicker? I was going to start Automata but hear it’s a long game so really don’t fancy playing a long game if you have to do 2 or 3 run throughs.

21 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Do all play throughs a take as long or are they quicker? I was going to start Automata but hear it’s a long game so really don’t fancy playing a long game if you have to do 2 or 3 run throughs.

Playthrough 1 and 2 are pretty close to the same length, I think 2 is a bit longer due to some extra scenes.

After the second playthrough (or route B as it is known) you then unlock route C which is a proper continuation of the story.

Then there is routes D and E but they don't require full playthroughs to unlock and if I remember correctly are based on a late game choice. My memory is a bit fuzzy on that though but I do recall unlocking chapter select by that point. 

The second playthrough is probably the big test of patience but imo it's worth sticking with.

Honestly the best advice I can give is to just give it a go. You'll probably know pretty fast if the game is for you or not. 

I'm actually planning another playthrough when I'm done with Nier Replicant.

I’ve just finished Inside and I think in a lot of ways it’s the perfect game. It manages to drag so much out of so little. It looks great, tells a story without telling you anything and  the puzzles together manage to satisfy all the parts of your gamer brain. Beat of all it’s short! Best £1.79 I’ve spent on the Switch store so far.

8 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve just finished Inside and I think in a lot of ways it’s the perfect game. It manages to drag so much out of so little. It looks great, tells a story without telling you anything and  the puzzles together manage to satisfy all the parts of your gamer brain. Beat of all it’s short! Best £1.79 I’ve spent on the Switch store so far.

Is that the one from the Limbo team? I downloaded it ages back from Games With Gold and haven’t played it yet!

• Paid Members

I feel bad I didn't pay for Limbo or Inside, both were great. I need to make it right when their third game comes out (and make more of an effort to play indies in general).

For someone who didn't like Resi 7 as much as most, I'm quite looking forward to trying 8 over the weekend. First-person Resi 4 vibes? In! Plus Mercenaries mode coming back's a game changer value-wise, I've missed it, that and the Raid mode has added dozens of hours of enjoyable play to some entries where I didn't even like the main game before. Ethan is still a severe gimp and that is still not Chris Redfield, though.

49 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fucking hell, he'll give Kool Keith a run for his barley with those hours!

You think you’re real cool shit with your field of barley

Well I’m Kool Keith, got my dick out for Harambe

Stepping up to me? You’re a white farmer in Zimbabwe

I’ll burn your house down, I’m a lyrical Mugabe

Oo Arrr