WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, The British Bushwacker said:

Fire pro has fallen into the sale on PSN £13.49, just downloading to give it a bash

I got rid of my copy a year or so ago when they added all the DLC because it made every  CAW unusable because they suddenly had DLC parts. Still fine if you want to play the base game but don’t expect to expand your roster.

• Paid Members

After spending GAME points on a PSN voucher I picked up Little Nightmares, Resi Code Veronica, Payday 2 and Nier Automata for the combined price of £21 last week. That'll sort me for a few days until Resi 8 arrives on Friday.

I did a little PSN shopping too, picked up The Missing and Life is Strange 2.

Finished the former in about 6 hours but it tells a great if upsetting story, I don't want to give too much away but it handles queer representation much, much better than most.

6 hours ago, seph said:

After spending GAME points on a PSN voucher I picked up Little Nightmares, Resi Code Veronica, Payday 2 and Nier Automata for the combined price of £21 last week. That'll sort me for a few days until Resi 8 arrives on Friday.

Nier Automata is worth £21 on it's own. Keep in mind that multiple playthroughs are essential to get the full story. 

On that note I'm currently playing Nier Replicant (Xbox One X) and it's an improvement over the original version. 

Though not as smooth as Automata the combat is much better now, though some problems still exist such as the bland side quests for example. 

Can't comment on the new content yet.

Still amazed that Square Enix took a chance on Nier Automata after multiple disappointments from Yoko Taro's previous games.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Nier Automata is worth £21 on it's own. Keep in mind that multiple playthroughs are essential to get the full story.

With different dialogue choices, missions, or both?

1 minute ago, seph said:

With different dialogue choices, missions, or both?

Trying to avoid spoilers. 

Playthrough 1: You control one character. 

Playthrough 2: You control another character for a different perspective. Mostly the same as playthrough 1 but some extra story thrown in and the new character plays differently. 

Subsequent playthroughs: Follows on from the previous playthroughs, completely new content. 

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Trying to avoid spoilers. 

Playthrough 1: You control one character. 

Playthrough 2: You control another character for a different perspective. Mostly the same as playthrough 1 but some extra story thrown in and the new character plays differently. 

Subsequent playthroughs: Follows on from the previous playthroughs, completely new content. 

Do all play throughs a take as long or are they quicker? I was going to start Automata but hear it’s a long game so really don’t fancy playing a long game if you have to do 2 or 3 run throughs.

21 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Do all play throughs a take as long or are they quicker? I was going to start Automata but hear it’s a long game so really don’t fancy playing a long game if you have to do 2 or 3 run throughs.

Playthrough 1 and 2 are pretty close to the same length, I think 2 is a bit longer due to some extra scenes.

After the second playthrough (or route B as it is known) you then unlock route C which is a proper continuation of the story.

Then there is routes D and E but they don't require full playthroughs to unlock and if I remember correctly are based on a late game choice. My memory is a bit fuzzy on that though but I do recall unlocking chapter select by that point. 

The second playthrough is probably the big test of patience but imo it's worth sticking with.

Honestly the best advice I can give is to just give it a go. You'll probably know pretty fast if the game is for you or not. 

I'm actually planning another playthrough when I'm done with Nier Replicant.

Fuelled by nostalgia for the N64 version, I've been playing Pokemon Snap on the Switch. And...it's kinda boring. It's pretty much exactly the same as the N64 game, which is what I thought I wanted but...I don't know, I'm not enjoying it much. 

I’ve just finished Inside and I think in a lot of ways it’s the perfect game. It manages to drag so much out of so little. It looks great, tells a story without telling you anything and  the puzzles together manage to satisfy all the parts of your gamer brain. Beat of all it’s short! Best £1.79 I’ve spent on the Switch store so far.

8 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve just finished Inside and I think in a lot of ways it’s the perfect game. It manages to drag so much out of so little. It looks great, tells a story without telling you anything and  the puzzles together manage to satisfy all the parts of your gamer brain. Beat of all it’s short! Best £1.79 I’ve spent on the Switch store so far.

Is that the one from the Limbo team? I downloaded it ages back from Games With Gold and haven’t played it yet!

33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is that the one from the Limbo team? I downloaded it ages back from Games With Gold and haven’t played it yet!

Yeah it’s the follow up to Limbo. I’ve got that to play next too.