Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

As if it wasn’t bad enough that XBox pulled PlayStation’s pants down with MLB the Show (I can’t believe that PS haven’t stuck it on their own subscription services yet) there’s now rumours that Xbox are pushing hard to get Kojima to make his next game with them. I know he’s never belonged to PlayStation but he does feel like an unofficial PlayStation guy. 
 

Also, there’s a good Jason Schreier  piece on them here. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-09/sony-s-obsession-with-blockbusters-is-stirring-unrest-within-playstation-empire
 

Tldr- PlayStation are getting a bit WWE 2020 but we’re getting a a remake of The Last of Us in the sequels engine.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Kojima would actually get me to move from Sony to Xbox.. not even a Bloodborne sequel would stop that.

I actually think Death Stranding would have been a great Gamepass game. People might have had a bit more patience with it. The idea of him having that little bit more creative freedom because he’s making a game at a company that gives no shits about game sales is pretty exciting. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Xbox are pushing hard to get Kojima to make his next game with them. I know he’s never belonged to PlayStation but he does feel like an unofficial PlayStation guy. 

There will be tears flowing in the Tilde household if this is the case

Posted
15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

There will be tears flowing in the Tilde household if this is the case

They’ll break it to him personally before they announce it publicly. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I just ordered an Xbox Series S with a CEX voucher I had from selling PlayStation Pro. Going to be my first Xbox mainly thanks to the Gamepass. 

Have been playing Forza on my laptop connected to the TV looking forward to seeing it on the new console. 

Posted

Death Stranding was too much too much for as well for me, and I'm a massive fan of Kojima convolution. I'd still rather developers finding their way to having a go at putting out insane shit like that as triple A titles every year, though, than remasters of 360 era classics and an endless procession  of survival games and looter shooters. 

I hated it, eventually, but I'm still actively encouraging it. It's great that that game happened, and that a lot of people liked it as much as they did. 

Posted

It's probably my fav gaming experience of the generation, I adored it. We certainly need more AAA games that aren't just trying to cater to the core middle ground of gamers.

It's why I have less than zero interest in Outriders, it may actually be good but it looks like the most generic attempt at a modern videogame. Just a mashup of what's popular.

Posted

Death Stranding is an underrated masterpiece, I think. At the same time I can completely understand why a lot think it’s garbage. The key thing for me above it’s gorgeous look and wackiness is that it’s core gameplay loop is really fucking satisfying. Spending hours upon hours building zip wire loops over a snowy mountain range is one of my favourite gaming experiences.

Posted

As much as I enjoy Borderlands 3 whoever designed some of the jump puzzles/sections should never work in the industry again.

Horribly precise and unresponsive at times. Jumping in Borderlands has never been particularly good but it really stands out poorly in 3.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 4/12/2021 at 7:34 AM, quote the raven said:

Fuck Sony for cancelling days gone 2.

I loved that game and was really looking forward to mowing down ps5 powered super hordes... 

All so they can remake last of us??? 

The original better still be getting a PC port.

Posted

Sony are having a nightmare, people are now saying that you'll lose access to ALL games even physical if your CMOS battery dies and you're not hooked up to the servers, what happens down the line when the PS4 servers are shut down?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...