WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

9 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

If it makes you feel any better (it won’t) my 3 year old boy mastered the web slinging in a couple of go’s. Kid’s a prodigy!

Reminds me how as a kid I was able to complete Chip 'n Dale's Rescue Rangers on the NES in less than a day. 

Tried it out again a couple of years back and couldn't even get past the first stage.

4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

playing Goldeneye and knowing where people would respawn etc.

Sean McNally from our school did this  and he was an utter, utter cunt for it.

We only let him play as his brother chipped our PS1s and sold games for 50p.

I'm actually getting pissed off at the memories of it.

36 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sean McNally from our school did this  and he was an utter, utter cunt for it.

We only let him play as his brother chipped our PS1s and sold games for 50p.

I'm actually getting pissed off at the memories of it.

We had the same group that would always play so it was pretty even. I think that and Mario Kart were the 2 I almost played without even thinking.

28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

How is it? Full on simulation style?

You choose. There are different settings for all aspects of the game. I’ve gone analog for batting and pitching as it prefer it to buttons. Even on beginner, the active settings got reduced a few times automatically. I’ve a strike rate of a stormtrooper. 

Had a good run on Borderlands 3 yesterday. 

Started off with the Mayhem Level 4 Speedloadn' Hellwalker (a Jakobs shotgun based on the one from Doom) and it's a fucking monster and after looking into it one of the best shotguns in the game. 

So I decide to try the new raid boss again for the trophy and walk it and the Jakobs Company Man artifact drops. 

Jakobs reload speed +30%

Jakobs damage +50%

Jakobs critical damage +30%

shocked vince mcmahon GIF

There's just something so satisfying about shooting scrubs with a Jakobs gun. 

• Paid Members

Loving Doom Eternal, a game I'd never play without the Gamepass.

Also played some of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order another one I'd never considered, opening level is great so need to put down Doom and give it more of a go.

55 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

@The King Of Swing I have Borderlands 3 as I bought it when it was less than a tenner on the Argentinian Xbox store, but haven’t played it. Is it easy enough to get into? What you’ve just described sounds great.

Very easy to get into Shoot, loot and level up. Though it helps if you played previous games, especially BL2. 

Story wise it's weaker than BL2 (better than 1 and the Pre Sequel though) but has the best gameplay in the series imo.

There is also 2 season passes.

The first contains 4 good to very good expansions (and some smaller stuff I think) where as the second contains other additions including new skill trees, a new raid boss and vault cards which are basically battle passes.

No pay to progress bollocks though. You have to actually play the game. 

If you enjoy the base game then you will probably enjoy the expansions. Not sure about the newer content though, I like it but can't fully recommend buying it. 

My advice, pick a character that suits your play style and go wild.

Also don't bother with meta builds. I tried a popular Zane build and didn't enjoy it all, so just went with a build I have fun with.

If you enjoy BL3 then I highly recommend getting The Handsome Collection. You can totally skip the original game though. 

• Paid Members

My old man was over the other day and I showed him Watchdogs Legion on PS5. I got on a Construction drone and was flying around London just thinking to myself how awesome it looked. Ten seconds in he points at some random house and says “can you go in there?”. I say no, he says “shite” and I turn Watchdogs off.

FWIW I’m absolutely loving it but clearly it’s not up to Farming Simulator standards