WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I feel bad I didn't pay for Limbo or Inside, both were great. I need to make it right when their third game comes out (and make more of an effort to play indies in general).

For someone who didn't like Resi 7 as much as most, I'm quite looking forward to trying 8 over the weekend. First-person Resi 4 vibes? In! Plus Mercenaries mode coming back's a game changer value-wise, I've missed it, that and the Raid mode has added dozens of hours of enjoyable play to some entries where I didn't even like the main game before. Ethan is still a severe gimp and that is still not Chris Redfield, though.

49 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fucking hell, he'll give Kool Keith a run for his barley with those hours!

You think you’re real cool shit with your field of barley

Well I’m Kool Keith, got my dick out for Harambe

Stepping up to me? You’re a white farmer in Zimbabwe

I’ll burn your house down, I’m a lyrical Mugabe

Oo Arrr

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

Finally started playing Streets of Rage 4. 

Y Island can get in the fucking sea. I've tried it with every character and I can barely scrape past Ms Y with only 1 life left. I've got no chance of finishing this game. Not alone anyway. 

The first part is brutal. Try and take it slowly at the start when your health is low as you can get it all back.

If you can, try and keep hold of one of the mace weapons from the first bit of the castle. I think you can put it down as often as you want (I could be wrong), but can only have it knocked out of your hands 3 times. Pick it up after you beat the robot at the end nd of the first castle bit, it may make beating those ninjas easier, if it gets knocked down leave it again until after you've dealt with the ninjas. Use it to beat the fat lads by knocking that wrecking ball into them, and then you should be able to take it into the fight against Ms Y and hopefully the twins. 

The key to beating the twins at the end is to go after Mr Y as then he'll jump into the mech first, and Ms Y is easier to deal with, then attack the robot. Is she gives you trouble just knock her away. Once the robot is beaten down enough he'll fall out and she'll take over driving it. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Is any one playing Wreckfest? It’s one of the free games in this month’s PS Plus, and it’s a good time sink and has replaced Rocket League for me as a game to quickly jump online on for half an hour or so when I get chance to play.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, waters44 said:

I’ve just noticed you can see your friends game time on PS5. This is my old mans profile, look at those hours!

He got Car Mechanic Simulator for his birthday a few months ago. 

F3C37019-110B-41C4-B7E9-ED17DD94E76E.jpeg

8D2AC0B2-C029-4C93-BD80-AB492B046A0E.jpeg

I don't know whether it does that on XBox One, but I dread to think what it'd say for the amount of time I've ploughed into Train Sim World. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Is any one playing Wreckfest? It’s one of the free games in this month’s PS Plus, and it’s a good time sink and has replaced Rocket League for me as a game to quickly jump online on for half an hour or so when I get chance to play.

I played it briefly, dicking about as a combine harvester. Killed half an hour or so on it the first time, but haven't bothered going back to it. Can definitely see it being a good time waster, though.

• Paid Members

Completed Call of Cthulhu last night. As a huge fan of Lovecraft, this game was a must try for me. It was pretty good for the most part. The atmospherics are great and it got the murky Sinister Lovecraftian vibe down quite well. It was easily at its best when you're walking round looking for clues and talking to people and trying to piece together the mystery. There were a couple of moments that seemed a bit out of left-field but they didn't detract too much from what was a fun game. I had a R'lyeh good time exploring Darkwater and I liked that many of the achievements that would pop up were also named after Lovecraft works. 

Another thing I especially liked was that I could complete the game in a few nights, playing a couple of hours after work. A lot of newer games seem like you have to dedicate half your life to them, such is their scale, and while I do like having lots of content, it's also quite nice to polish a game off and soak it all in in a short time every so often. There's a few hidden endings so I'll probably play it again in a few months and go for another of those. There's also The Sinking City to check out, another Lovecraft inspired game. I'd recommend giving Call of Cthulhu a go if you like cosmic horror. Nothing groundbreaking here but an enjoyable romp for fans. 

Finally finished Nier Replicant (got every ending) and it is a big improvement over the original release in most ways. 

Only real complaints are the side quests are still mostly shit (thankfully most are unnecessary for the endings) and Brother Nier's voice really started to grate on me in the later portions of the game. 

The new content is not only good but also well implemented.

• Paid Members

Finished the new Resident Evil Village, and neither me or my wife who is a Resi hardcore fan and speedrunner really enjoyed it. It's a horror game, it's a FPS game, it's a puzzle game but it's bang average at all of them. 

Picked up Death Stranding for cheap and 3 hours in not sure what to make of it. The story is bonkers but it looks great, the writing is atrocious but the gameplay is fairly fun. I still stand by Hideo Kojima being a complete hack though. His name pops up on screen about 6 times before the title screen because you just HAVE to know he made it. I have no confidence any of the million loose threads he's created will tie up by the end but I got it cheap and the gameplay is good enough so I'll keep at it.

Village is a weird one. I'm enjoying it, but it's been monstrously overhyped compared to 7, which is a far more effective horror game. This one feels really big time and triple A but like you say, once you play it it's just...decent? 

I know it's a cross gen game, but it's clearly benefited enormously from a bunch of people getting caught up in next gen excitement whilst simultaneously starved of many big new releases during the pandemic. That and the fact that a lot of people seemed to finally catch up with how bloody good 7 was. And I guess the promise of it delivering some Resi 4 style action. 

But yeah, it feels like they just traded in a lot of what made the previous games so distressing (7) and expertly balanced (REmake 2) in order to give it a bit of a Gears of War/Halo thrills-on-rails type of a vibe.