WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

So I just jumped back on Borderlands 3 for the first time in ages and I've somehow got $99,999,999 and I'm pretty fucking sure I've never farmed that hard. 

Everything else looks in order so fuck knows what happened. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

Got the story part of Lego City Undercover done. It only amounted to about 20% of the actual completion of the game. It was fun enough. I'm cracking on with the first Lego Batman, but saw that Lego Jurassic World is a tenner in the XBox sale at the moment, and it looks like it could be cool. Still got all the Marvel Lego games to play on PS4 as well. At some point I'll get fed up of the camera and my inability to properly handle 3d games and go back to TSW or try and remember where I was up to in Mass Effect Andromeda. Whoever decided to have 2D platforming sections taking place on a 3D plane deserves a swift kick in the cods if they have any. 

• Paid Members

Need to get an achievement, so jumped into GTA5. Am now completely addicted again and playing through the main story on Series X. The quick resume is making it really easy to a bit here a bit there. 8 years old this game but still world class. I was going to put down the controller and wait for the 'upgrade' but thats November apparently, so that can wait. I cant even fathom how big a launch would be for a GTA6 at this point.

• Paid Members

I've mentioned a few times on here about my loud-as-fuck PS4. I took it apart a fortnight ago and removed a metric shit ton of fluff and dust, put it all back together, switched on Spiderman and it was quiet as a mouse. Result!

Fast-forward to now, and after only a few hours of AAA gaming, it's back to it's usual NASA rocket sound levels of fan noise. Even when I play something like Slay The Spire or Hollow Knight, it's kicking out so much noise. I'm pretty fucked off as I've got Spiderman and Doom as digital downloads and I've barely been able to touch them, and I'm at my wits end now.

I could just trade it in and upgrade to a PS4 Pro, but that seems irresponsible and probably a bit stupid considering the arrival of the next-gen consoles. I just fancied a bit of a moan really, because the easy (and only) solution is to spend money but I can't justify it. I'll have to eat the cost of those digital games and maybe I'll get to play Spiderman again when I get a PS6 or PS7 or whatever console that Sony manages me to swing me around. Modern gaming is getting to be pretty shite.

11 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Still got all the Marvel Lego games to play on PS4 as well.

I bought the collection bundle on PS Store the other day as my son is getting really into superheroes now, and I can’t believe how much game you get for £19.99. All three Lego Marvel games as well as every single piece of DLC for each. It’s remarkable value. Just hope they’re good!

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the first Lego Marvel Superheroes, and not just because u spent most of the time freeroaming as Squirrel Girl & Howard The Duck. 

• Paid Members

the Lego Marvel games are both brilliant fun. I was disappointed that the second one is much more MCU-centric; no X-Men or Fantastic Four or anything like that, but it makes up for it with some great humour.

The Lego games always have great trophies/achievements - the pinnacle being Lego Harry Potter having one called "Solid Snape" for playing as Snape and hiding in a barrel - and they're usually pop culture references, but there's one in the first Marvel game called "The Menace Of Magneto" that references a specific episode of the '70s Fantastic Four cartoon, and I love that they're prepared to play around with obscure stuff to that extent.

The second game has two of my favourite comedy lines in any video game I've ever played. The first is a character saying, "from now on I'll only use my giant scorpion summoning powers for good!", and the other made me genuinely laugh out loud involuntarily, when stealing a car from a random NPC, they shouted out, "oh no, my insulin!"

Started a few games this past week. FF7 remake, Dead Space and Control. It’s my second go at starting Control and it’s looking like it’ll stick this time. There’s something about it that’s stopping me getting properly wrapped up in it. It’s completely my thing too. Third person action with some neat mechanics and a bonkers story. Not sure I’ll ever sink enough time in to FF, it’s pretty but I don’t know if I can be bothered with the Japanese soap opera dialogue. Dead Space is super interesting and as soon as the mood catches me I’ll get stuck in. 

Anyone manage to get the Steam Deck? It’s very tempting but it’s a shit load of money just to play full fat Footy Manager on the go.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

There’s something about it that’s stopping me getting properly wrapped up in it.

For me it was the map. Control has one of the worst fucking maps and level layout in recent years. Once I got past that I enjoyed it.

• Paid Members

I've finally replaced my laptop which went missing in a house move and picked up a modest gaming spec PC, as my old old one was struggling to even play C&C which was the only reason I dug it out and tried Steam. 

As a result I've dug deeper into steam and picked up some additional old shit, Age of Empires 2, Fallout 2, hogs of war (has anyone played that HoW board game that was on kickstarter?) and I'll start Fallout NV & Chrono Trigger at some point too. 

Are there any great PC classics buried away on Steam? 

More Borderlands 3 weirdness. 

Sometimes when I buy ammo or open a chest containing money (usually the first one I open after travelling to a world) the game gives 129 or 139 million ducks. 

I seem to have infinite money right now, only thing I've done differently is that I enabled one of the old events. 

Not a problem really since I'm playing the post game and money wasn't an issue anyway but still pretty weird. 

I've started collecting 3DS games, right at the point a lot of the good ones have shot up in price 🙄

I picked up a game I didn't even know existed at the weekend, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, and it's surprisingly fun. I've never been a huge fan of the Layton games, but that style of gameplay works as a nice palate cleanser in between the Phoenix Wright court cases, which I do enjoy. 

I'd recommend picking it up, if you get the chance. The one downside is that it seems to have become pretty expensive in recent months. I really lucked out and picked it up for £30 at a Cash Converters, but the going rate seems to be higher.