Paid Members marc2j Posted August 2, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2021 Managed to squeeze in about ten games on the Halo Infinite testing flight this weekend which was very enjoyable. Jumped for joy winning my first three games until I realised I was playing against AI bots and they were 'easy'. When they improved the difficulty I went back to being shit. Started The Ascent and whilst it looks pretty, it reminds me to Crusader on PSOne. Which isnt a bad thing, its just a bit samey. Will keep trying to see if it hooks me in. Quote
RedRooster Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: I'm tempted to dig out the 3DS now. It must be somewhere. Such a weird bit of kit that I often forget ever existed. You absolutely should. There are loads of hidden gems for that console, and even the games that are expensive physically are still available at a relatively reasonable price on the digital store. The 3D is also far more effective than I'd remembered. It's just beautiful in A Link Between Worlds, and really adds to the gameplay in a way that I hadn't expected that it would. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted August 2, 2021 Author Posted August 2, 2021 Really looking into buying a Switch Lite, haven’t owned a Nintendo system since the N64/GBA SP. Would anyone recommend it? I already have a ton of ideas for games I want to try out. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted August 2, 2021 Moderators Posted August 2, 2021 I have a full switch and the only time I bother using it docked is for multiplayer games. So if you're deciding between which kind of switch to get hopefully that's helpful. Quote
Paid Members Tommy! Posted August 2, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2021 (edited) @TildeGuy~!I got a switch lite and the only time it's an issue is playing a game where it's designed completely around motion control, like the Mario Galaxy port. It can still be played but it's clunky to control. Outside that it's surprisingly good for everything else I've played including skyrim, borderlands and bioshock where I thought the screen size might be a pain with a lot going on but thankfully it isn't in my opinion. Edited August 2, 2021 by Tommy! Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 And another thing to consider, if there's even a small chance that you might want to hook the Switch up to the big telly at any point, get a proper Switch instead of a Lite. Also, split Joycons are pretty much the best gaming invention of recent years, and you can't do that with the Lite either. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 Have 8BitDo not invented some sort of dongle that lets you hook the lite up to the telly? Surely it’s doable. The Switch is great and the Lite works absolutely fine but Nintendo are fucking trash. Wanna catch up on all that Nintendo gaming you’ve missed out on over the years? Tough shit, we’ll drip feed you our back catalogue with minor quality of life tweaks (if any) and charge you £50 for our old games. I do love them though, the pricks. Quote
Merzbow Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 21 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: Have 8BitDo not invented some sort of dongle that lets you hook the lite up to the telly? Surely it’s doable. The Switch is great and the Lite works absolutely fine but Nintendo are fucking trash. Wanna catch up on all that Nintendo gaming you’ve missed out on over the years? Tough shit, we’ll drip feed you our back catalogue with minor quality of life tweaks (if any) and charge you £50 for our old games. I do love them though, the pricks. The problem is the USB-C port, they've taken out the stuff that feeds video from it so it'd be damn hard to come up with something to do it. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 Just now, Merzbow said: The problem is the USB-C port, they've taken out the stuff that feeds video from it so it'd be damn hard to come up with something to do it. See, they’re pricks! Quote
Steve Justice Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 Because I'm a fucking idiot, I've completely killed my PS4 whilst cleaning it. It's irreparable and I can't afford to replace it at the moment. So instead I've installed the Gamecube emulator on my laptop and have had a blast playing through Def Jam Vendetta today. I've installed a bunch of games that will keep me occupied for a while. Any hidden gems I need to be aware of? Quote
Keith Houchen Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 42 minutes ago, Steve Justice said: I've completely killed my PS4 whilst cleaning it. Won’t David fire you when he reads this? Quote
The King Of Swing Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 The Tomb Raider reboot games are all currently dirt cheap with Deals with Gold, if anyone still fancies them. Quote
Merzbow Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 (edited) Is anyone getting Chernobylite? Reviews on PC so far are decent to great and it looks like it could be a nice little Stalker-lite fix before the new game comes out. I think console versions come out next month. Edited August 2, 2021 by Merzbow Quote
The Gaffer Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said: Have 8BitDo not invented some sort of dongle that lets you hook the lite up to the telly? Surely it’s doable. The Switch is great and the Lite works absolutely fine but Nintendo are fucking trash. Wanna catch up on all that Nintendo gaming you’ve missed out on over the years? Tough shit, we’ll drip feed you our back catalogue with minor quality of life tweaks (if any) and charge you £50 for our old games. I do love them though, the pricks. Yeah, the amount of goodwill Nintendo are afforded is genuinely absurd. I know people will say they're not competing with Sony and Microsoft, but a lot of their tech and UI infrastructure is still so half arsed in this day and age. There'll invariably be an awkwardly timed successor to the Switch mid way through the PS5 and Series X lifecycle again, it'll get the usual first party runs, and then will revert for the second half of its lifecycle to being an underpowered dumping ground for bloatware. Rinse and repeat. They're printing money though. Why change. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted August 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 3, 2021 While there's no excuse with Nintendo in terms of how behind the times they are with hardware or online functionality, the sense of entitlement people have about their back catalogue is insane. Why should Nintendo be expected to just have full access to their back catalogue? Sony don't, and unless you have the physical disc Microsoft don't either. The Switch Online service has some stinkers but nearly every "big" NES and SNES game is on it, and if you want Gamecube and N64 so bad just emulate it because that's all the Switch will be anyway. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.