WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Hasn't there been a lot of WoW players jumping shit over the last couple of years? 

Yeah the queues can be irritating. 

Indeed there have been. Getting free advertising from certain streamers has helped / hurt in equal measure.

• Paid Members

I recently hopped back into FF14 as well after two previous attempts and bouncing off it. Managed to get my Dragoon to mid-level 40, and enjoying it as a chill experience.

One thing I will say is that I feel a lot less pressure in dungeons than I ever did in WoW - no abuse, even when I make a mistake. Good community :)

On the subject of MMOs I've gotten into Elder Scrolls Online at lot, recently. It's quite single player friendly which is what I need because I can't be arsed playing games socially, but enjoy exploring a lived in world. I'm level 37 now and it's just really relaxing going one to zone to the next doing all the main story quests. My thing - like Fallout 76 - is provisioning supplies. I just love going out collecting all the plants I see. 

It's still fundamentally an MMO so it's apples and oranges to a mainline entry, but credit to the team behind it because in many ways it's far better than the main series for progression and lore. The lore in particular is fantastic. It's a giant museum of all things Elder Scrolls, really. You've got all of Tamriel there, all the guilds and races, all the books and mythology. It's all jammed in and very much a big part of it. 

It's also got public voice chat if you're within radius, which can be occasionally entertaining as per the player standing near the busy Mournhold wayshrine/spawn point last night who played L'Amour Toujours really loud down the mic. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Nexus said:

I recently hopped back into FF14 as well after two previous attempts and bouncing off it. Managed to get my Dragoon to mid-level 40, and enjoying it as a chill experience.

One thing I will say is that I feel a lot less pressure in dungeons than I ever did in WoW - no abuse, even when I make a mistake. Good community :)

Not got to Aurum Vale yetThat's heartwarming to hear, it's always good to feel welcome in a new dungeon.

As much as I'm enjoying FFXIV some quests are really fucking tedious. 

1. Talk to guy A. 

2. Give this item to guy B who is only about 20 feet away. 

3. Now talk to guy C who is a little further away. 

No quest should need this many pointless steps in the same area to progress.

• Paid Members

My Xbone has died, after 6 years of good service. Godspeed.

What the fuck do I do now? I'm not going to be able to get a series X for ages, am I? Microsoft won't repair original Xbones anymore. Any suggestions what to get? A cheap second hand original Xbone (if so, from where?) or one of those Xbone S/X versions instead?

17 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

What the fuck do I do now? I'm not going to be able to get a series X for ages, am I? Microsoft won't repair original Xbones anymore. Any suggestions what to get? A cheap second hand original Xbone (if so, from where?) or one of those Xbone S/X versions instead?

I felt the same way when I fucked my PS4 up. But I was actually able to break even in the end. 

I sold my broken PS4 on ebay for £100. Bought a second hand PS4 for £150, but with 2 games and 2 controllers. Sold the 2 games and additional controller for £50.

Might be worth selling your broken Xbone and seeing what you get for it. It will at least part fund a second hand replacement. 

Edited by Steve Justice

https://www.johnlewis.com/microsoft-xbox-series-s-digital-edition-console-512gb-with-wireless-controller-white/p5151986?irclickid=wF7ynA0FoxyIToh2vQx9iVURUkBW47wYPV2c080&irgwc=1&tmcampid=99&s_afcid=af_43360

Series S in stock at John Lewis. If you’re not that flush try Marketplace? If you get anywhere near £100 for a broken Xbox you won’t be far off breaking even.

• Paid Members

You can get £100 for a broken Xbox?! I might go for that. Although if they manage to fix it, it'll have my shit on there.

Yeah Series S seems to be available in a few places, but I'll get the Series X at some point so doesn't seem worthwhile. 

There's a repair shop in town, might take it there, only £60 or so to repair apparently. 

Cheers everyone 👍🏻 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The One X would be a great stopgap until you can get a Series X. It's a gigantic upgrade on the original Xbone, and runs a shitload of games better than the Series S. For reference: I've been unable to get a Series X yet, but I love my One X and would never consider downgrading to the Series S (typing all these shitty-ass names really brings it home how daftly these consoles are named).

Red Dead Redemption 1+2 in 4K, do it!

Keep an eye on Microsoft's store @PunkStep. That's where I got mine. The Series X is scarce, but in my experience and from the few mates I know who have got one, it's nowhere near PS5 levels "Does this thing actually exist?" You'll probably have your hands on one in the next few weeks. It's a massive upgrade, totally worth it to be honest.