Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

50 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m almost certain he’s dyslexic. I’m always making mistakes here for similar reasons, but yes, he should always be careful before posting, especially being in the public eye. 

He’s been caught out being ignorant or tone deaf on a number of occasions. I never say him doing anything creepy or abusive, but he will stick up for people before looking into facts which bites him in the arse.

There's always the possibility he's just not very bright rather than having a condition.

You have to bear in mind as well that Osprey committed to wrestling very early on. He made the sacrifices we're all told need to be made, and he got in with the right people and did what he felt he needed to do to get recognised and make it, and he's now successful. The problem is that, like anyone who makes that kind of commitment, he no doubt feels obligated to defend those who helped him get where he is, without thinking of the consequences. And that's the nature of any pervasive culture, and why as many offenders need to be brought to justice as possible, because the perpetrators breed an environment of support around themselves. That way, any accusation or warning becomes a numbers game - victims are less likely to come forward if they feel it's them against dozens or hundreds of others.

This whole thing needs to become a swamp dredging exercise of any supporters of these archaic, discriminatory and abusive attitudes in the business.

The most chilling phrase I've heard paraphrased here is "It's wrestling, what did she expect?" The promoters are wrestling. The ring crew are wrestling. The workers and trainers are wrestling. The trainees are wrestling. The crowd who buy the tickets and merch are wrestling. There's no higher power controlling this; it's up to everyone to stand up against this. Whether it's shopping known predators, boycotting shows, or speaking out, we need to do whatever we can to make this change, permanently.

@CavemanLynn Love that post. 

One of the major problems with that "its wrestling" take is that it isn't so much about an industry's conscious decision as it is about the type of people attracted to it to begin with. A lot of them are immature as fuck, like overgrown children whose parents have left them alone for the first time with the way they talk, joke and act.

Im leaning towards saying the riddle accusation is horseshit. It should be investigated, but that particular one I’m thinking isn’t true. And if it is true but she’s faked images then she’s fucked it and he will unfortunately probably get away with it as she has no credibility.

Will Ospreay could misspell  every word and put commas everywhere and it wouldn't bother me. The fact that the little cunt has made his statement all about him is beyond belief.

What a horrible little prick. He needs to stop using his Ralph Wiggum "Me fail English, that's unpossible" excuses all the time and own things like a grown up.

What an absolute scrote.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Will Ospreay could misspell  every word and put commas everywhere and it wouldn't bother me. The fact that the little cunt has made his statement all about him is beyond belief.

What a horrible little prick. He needs to stop using his Ralph Wiggum "Me fail English, that's unpossible" excuses all the time and own things like a grown up.

What an absolute scrote.

It isn't beyond belief at all with him though is it. It is exactly what everyone has come to expect. 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Im leaning towards saying the riddle accusation is horseshit. It should be investigated, but that particular one I’m thinking isn’t true. And if it is true but she’s faked images then she’s fucked it and he will unfortunately probably get away with it as she has no credibility.

Jamie Senegal's released DMs of Riddle pestering him for sex, too. He's taken the lead and exposed Riddle as a massive cunt on his twitter.

• Paid Members

So this was posted:

80A50017-9FD5-44A3-B2DD-C939ABF76290.thumb.jpeg.9d05360edc1e97f9dde4bd599932352b.jpeg

It was deleted and then this was posted:

F3CEAC5D-EDC8-436D-9B37-AE954D4EDCED.thumb.jpeg.75b1605a4e13b926b4eeaac8ad8ba816.jpeg

I was about to ask what the fuck is wrong with some people, and then I remembered the thread I’m posting in. I have no idea what on Earth that was all about.

In short, It goes without saying but I truly hope all/as many victims as possible, have the opportunity for their accusations to be dealt with lawfully and legally.
I also hope they get professional psychological help, advice and guidance. As you’d expect there’s some dank fucking podcasters jumping all over this, “if you need to talk about what’s happened, get in touch, we’re here for you”. Get fucked, cunts.

The algorithm that wrote Ospreays apology reminds me that not everyone's out for some sort of black and white ILLEGAL and NOT ILLEGAL thing here. I've seen people mention it in defense, out of curiosity, every angle. People don't go to police with things like this for the same reason nobody just knocks on Vince's coffin door about it. Not keen on going into details but experiences like this can fucking destroy you and I know from experience it's less about protecting a total cunt than it is keeping people you love from going through the same grief. Stuff like this happens because of hierarchys, power, all that shit. That's work and that's police.

It's not illegal to be a mental destructive cunt I guess but that's not somebody I want in my life, personally. Not to speak for anybody anyway, but sometimes the only justice you can get is letting people know.

8 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

It's Florida law that he can't be fired whilst in rehab, and he entered rehab voluntarily. AEW might be in a bit of legal shit if they even suggest they plan to fire him. I should imagine, once his rehab is done, he'll be gone. I'm by no means a fan, I think he's awful, and if the allegations are true, he's an even worse person.

It's shocking that it takes this kind of thing for someone to realise they have a problem, and to get help, especially when they've been handed such an incredible opportunity. 

Is there any evidence this is the case, or is it something mentioned by someone on Twitter who isn't a lawyer? For example this is a Tampa-based lawyer talking about rehab in Florida and the law, and they never mention any laws specific to the state of Florida, which is odd if there is such a law in Florida. They do however mention the Family Medical Leave Act which is a nationwide law, not one specific to Florida. However to be covered by that there are three specific requirements that need to be met:

1. The employee must work for a private-sector company that has 50 or more employees living within a 75-mile radius, or for a public institution such as a school or hospital.
  2. The employee must have worked at the institution for a year or more.
  3. The employee must have worked at least 1,250 hours in the last year.

While Havoc would meet point #2, #1 and #3 are much less clear. While AEW might have 50 employees, I'm guessing they don't all live within a 75-mile radius of AEW's offices. And I'm also guessing they don't meet the public institution exemption either. Perhaps more salient is the 1,250 hours worked requirement, would Havoc really have worked an average of just over 24 hours per week?

IANAL, but in the absence of evidence to the contrary I'd suggest there's no law stopping AEW from firing him.