Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, kamicazze said:

it seems to be a bit of a culture issue within wrestling. There are those weird wrestling fans that stink whilst wearing 15 year old worn out black t metal band t shirt and the wrestlers seem a bit like former geeks who suddenly get in shape and get girls attention. Like suddenly a superpower and they're out of control. I'd be uneasy leaving a female family member, friend or partner alone with either.

In my limited experience there were a number of people floating around wrestling who fell into one of two categories, one was the ego driven arrogant slightly sociopathic types, some of whom clearly enjoyed turning the knife on people they felt they could. 

The other were people with some sort of mental health issue like depression conditions or learning issues. I met some great people who were training who I got on with well but I'd certainly describe as being vulnerable and not people I'd leave on their own with people from group A. 

Without a strong buffer or control figure overseeing things I can see how you quickly get serious problems. And wrestling does seem to be a magnet for those two groups that you don't see drawn so strongly elsewhere. That's not to say that's every one, but it was always prevalent enough to be noteworthy to me. 

I generally had a good experience when I did knock about at shows or schools, but as a white male knocking about just for just for fun for a few years and not really falling into either camp above, dropping out because I became a total mental after I tried to top myself, it's not a shock I did.

I do remember meting a reasonably big female name once and me leaving the room at lightning speed once I noticed they'd started getting changed because it was either the norm to have a bloke about, she didn't feel comfortable to ask me to leave or didn't care I was there but I certainly wasn't comfortable continuing picking up the empty chicken slice packages and bigmac wrappers left lying about by people on the show once she'd stood in the other corner and started taking her clothes off.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

If anyone needs me there's a few people on here who have social media access to me. 

I just need to leave wrestling alone for a while. I'm so angry and sad by everything that's happened I just need to get away. 

Much love. I'm okay. 

I hope everyone who's ever been wronged gets justice, that's the least they deserve. 

• Paid Members

Its been a massive slap in the face for me. You dont really realise it, even though its hiding in plain sight, but the fact wrestling doesnt have a proper governing body is frightening. From the bottom to the top. Just look at the industry leader. Its 30 white nerdy looking men in a room writing a show for a 74 year old. White guys writing for black characters, white guys writing for latinos, white guys writing for women. Old white blokes agenting the matches. People who have been fired for sexual assault in the training school, people who have been fired for carrying a gun through an airport producing the segments, people who have used the n-word to black people. If that is the place where everyone aspires to be, its no wonder the bottom end is fucked. Its a horrible business.

As far as the UK scene goes, if you look at it as a old territory (due to the size of our country), then its like the wild west of the 80s in 2020. Look at who the most notable scumbags are. Ospreay is as bad as any of them. For using his influence on the scene to shut people up knowing what they were getting up to, is vile. I'm about as lasped as you can get as a fan these days, but I cant imagine me every putting money into wrestling again. What a nasty set of cunts.

Funny thing is, Alex Shane was the one trying to start a governing body. I can see why he'd want to control the narrative.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

3 hours ago, buba3d said:

the trent story is getting weirder

The girl in the story hardly comes across as a hero.

"I could see he was about to sexually take advantage of these three girls, so I walked over and heroically took the sex bullet."

Sorry is it just me?

Outside of this these stories are horrible and bringing back some memories of some of the darker and shitter side of wrestling. I was never truly "one of the boys"... frankly I was too "nice / boring". But I saw hints of things and it's a gut punch to realise a lot of what I saw was merely the tip of the iceberg. 

43 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

The Jetta tweet is still up, it has sickened me and makes for Grim reading. I was gutted when she retired all those years ago as i was a big fan of hers, but now i know why, i don't blame her one bit for doing so. I am glad she is back in wrestling now, hopefully she can continue to be in wrestling for the foreseeable future, she is still one of my favorite Female British wrestlers 

Considering the tweet is prefaced by "I am posting this on behalf of someone who would like to remain anonymous" I think you've made a bit of a leap there.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

The girl in the story hardly comes across as a hero.

"I could see he was about to sexually take advantage of these three girls, so I walked over and heroically took the sex bullet."

Sorry is it just me?

20 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

That Trent Seven story is such a non issue and is the sort of thing that detracts from the actual scum fuckery that goes on.

Why are so many people so keen to pick holes in some of these stories? And are you both conveniently ignoring the part where he was trying to pull underage girls?