Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

11 minutes ago, Tamura said:

Is there any evidence this is the case, or is it something mentioned by someone on Twitter who isn't a lawyer? For example this is a Tampa-based lawyer talking about rehab in Florida and the law, and they never mention any laws specific to the state of Florida, which is odd if there is such a law in Florida. They do however mention the Family Medical Leave Act which is a nationwide law, not one specific to Florida. However to be covered by that there are three specific requirements that need to be met:

1. The employee must work for a private-sector company that has 50 or more employees living within a 75-mile radius, or for a public institution such as a school or hospital.
  2. The employee must have worked at the institution for a year or more.
  3. The employee must have worked at least 1,250 hours in the last year.

While Havoc would meet point #2, #1 and #3 are much less clear. While AEW might have 50 employees, I'm guessing they don't all live within a 75-mile radius of AEW's offices. And I'm also guessing they don't meet the public institution exemption either. Perhaps more salient is the 1,250 hours worked requirement, would Havoc really have worked an average of just over 24 hours per week?

IANAL, but in the absence of evidence to the contrary I'd suggest there's no law stopping AEW from firing him.

I'm sure I heard Havok actually has an office job with them, dunno what it is but I think that was part of him getting employed. Part of Cody's 'Extra Credit' criteria.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Will Ospreay is one of the good guys! He tells us himself!

I'm trying to get my old training school, the self-proclaimed "safe space" London School of Lucha Libre, the same one Will went to and is still very close with, to take some responsibility after they booked Wainwright at London Lucha League. Their response is they were "unaware" of the allegations even though it was long after wrestling twitter  had already gone mad at Ospreay for his comments.

I wrote in an earlier post here that this had me hopeful for wrestling's future, but I don't particularly feel like fucking watching some anytime soon now.

I remember reading something about Dixon yesterday, but I've forgotten the exact case in this absolute blur that's happening. Christ imagine the stuff he might have been getting up to in the 70s and 80s.

Just now, sj5522 said:

I remember reading something about Dixon yesterday, but I've forgotten the exact case in this absolute blur that's happening. Christ imagine the stuff he might have been getting up to in the 70s and 80s.

Getting the photographer to take upskirt shots of Vicky Haskins.  Fucking scum.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Said on here long ago that it's insane that wrestling training schools aren't subject to the same sort of checks football clubs are and every sport's governing body enforce these days.

29 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Look at this lot from the Exposed account.

"These names we have received, on more than one occasion. From men/women wrestlers, indie wrestlers, PROFESSIONAL wrestlers, refs, fans, coaches, camera men, merch people! "

Ea58O5wXQAMfRh9?format=jpg

Sean Ross as in the guy behind the Fightful website? 

This is absolutely harrowing to follow, and I can only echo what others have worded far more eloquently before me regarding the bravery of those who suffered and the urge to see something worthwhile come of this. On a somewhat less eloquent note - and I realise this is an emotional reaction as a lot of good people depend on this business - a part of me just wants the whole industry to go down and hope some more decent people form the framework of whatever comes from the ashes. It pips Hollywood and rock and roll to the post in terms of creep per head, and is far less worth saving. It'll always be a carny dumpster fire kept burning largely by overdrawn childhood nostalgia and the occasional decent bit. Fuck it. That's not a reflection of Britwres, either, which I know some of you have far more personal memories of. Just my own admittedly narrow bandwidth of North American intake. I don't want to get into comparing moral clean sheets because we'll all come up looking dodgy if you're going to count eyes on the product, but the enjoyment I had for this that left after Massaro genuinely hasn't returned, and it keeps getting worse. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Surprised to see Trent Seven there.  I never hear anything but good things about him.

There's no context behind a lot of names on that list. Even some of the ladies who'd spoken out weren't happy with that being posted. Obviously some of the bigger names have been accused historically but they do muddy the water too.