Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

18 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

There's no context behind a lot of names on that list. Even some of the ladies who'd spoken out weren't happy with that being posted. Obviously some of the bigger names have been accused historically but they do muddy the water too.

Yeah apparently the reason Tyler was named was because he’d tried and failed to pull a married woman

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

As harrowing as the subject is when the statement from Jetta's twitter said that when Alex Shane found out about Hade Vansen he said there was only two things she could do about it I was expecting to hear he'd used his own catchphrase and not offered seemingly legitimate advice.

That was the first thing that came to my mind too! 

• Paid Members

Apparently Jon's deleted that tweet now. I wonder how Jim would have dealt with this whole thing. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Said on here long ago that it's insane that wrestling training schools aren't subject to the same sort of checks football clubs are and every sport's governing body enforce these days.

It's absolutely insane. As somebody that coaches football now and that used to help out at wrestling training (some 10+ years ago mind), the difference between them couldn't be bigger. Because it's such a poxy tinpot industry though, nobody has ever given a shit enough to question why. 

13 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Colt Cabana is not a name I'm surprised to see mentioned alongside such allegations. I have vague memories of him seeming quite sleazy towards pretty much any attractive female at FWA shows I saw him at the merch tables of.

To me there's also something very sinister about the allegation that he was so sexually interested in 16 year old girls when as a Chicago native that's below the age of consent that he was legally and morally accustomed to.

I appreciate that whilst in England it would have been legal there, but still. He didn't come to England until he was 24/25 as well.

Colt did come up in IWA Mid-South, which... I probably don't really need to go into what a slimy place that was and still is, even if they've had some of my favourite matches.

I thought this. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if there is a suicide associated to this.

A fundraiser event or one to raise awareness for victims would go down well. 

Careers people have worked their whole lives to do will be ruined off the back of this.

I hope the guilty abusers get their commupence, I also hope that everyone making accusations is telling the truth. I'd hate for a witch hunt, or someone to be dragged through the mud due to false claims. And anyone found to have done this should be trialled and penalised too. 

it seems to be a bit of a culture issue within wrestling. There are those weird wrestling fans that stink whilst wearing 15 year old worn out black t metal band t shirt and the wrestlers seem a bit like former geeks who suddenly get in shape and get girls attention. Like suddenly a superpower and they're out of control. I'd be uneasy leaving a female family member, friend or partner alone with either.

What did strike me though is many of the victims seem to be mental health sufferers. They seem to have a lot of similarities in look and personality traits. Now were they taken advantage of/targeted because of their mental state, or is their mental state a by product of their experience - or is both where the experience has made it even worse?

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Phil Powers weighs in on the subject 

FB_IMG_1592656726806.thumb.jpg.4ae1f6ea45255a99f500f415da3dac64.jpg

EWW founder Stu The Dominator Allen wrote this in response:

This piece of shit made life fucking hard for some of my friends getting into the job and far worse besides. The parasitic cunt has the fucking nerve to post this.
We know exactly what you are Phil Powers. I put you in hospital once dickhead.
Anyone who wants to defend this piece of shit can kindly delete themselves

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Former FWA and BritWres female worker Jetta just posted a long statement on twitter telling us how Jonny Storm, Hade Vansen, Brian Dixon and Colt Cabana are fucking creepy nonce cases.

Just read it now. Horrendous story.

timeline appears to be after I had already left FWA management. I just hope if anything had happened under my watch talent would have felt I could have been approached if something is not right with them. 

Nothing new to add that hasn't been said.

But I don't think its right that random names get chucked out with no reason or context, as they say mud sticks and these guys could unjustly suffer consequences for something they didn't do.

Those guilty with evidence deserve what they get but the innocent shouldn't be tarred with same brush, Social Media is quick to remember the wrong stuff and the victims deserve better.